Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Sorry I haven't been around...here anyway. It took me a while to remember how to get here.

i have trying to play catch up but I'm so far behind. 
Pitty, I was thinking of Pumpkin and was wondering how he was doing with no school' but you answered that question. I bet you are a good gardener but I hate jalapeño peppers...no way. 

dmod, love looking at the photos that have been growing in your garden. I guess it's always a surprise. Did you say that you are having visitors or had them?

On Tuesday I'll be having cataract surgery in one eye, then 2 weeks later, my other eye will be operated on. This will take place if I'm Covid free. Had to have the test done  yesterday which is required before all surgeries.

Get ready for the steamy weekend. Kgn, 108 is too hot for me!

will try to let you know how I'm doing after the surgery.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Went to Starbucks for my free coffee. Then I went to my local Italian restaurant and got take out. Veal Marsala. Yummy. And I blew out a candle on my little bowl of ice cream. Had lots of phone calls from people I hadn't heard from in months. Another birthday bites the dust....lol....

Have a cool and safe weekend.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, no worries....we will just help ourselves to your goodies and take Jersey for her walks.  You just concentrate on entertaining and enjoying your family.

Ocean, so good to see you!  Ok, no jalapenos for you.  lol  Happy belated birthday.  Good luck with the cataract surgery.  Please be sure and let us know how you do.  Hopefully it will go well and you will be able to see much better.  Let me know if you need anything and I will hop on my broom and be there in a jiffy.

It is hot here as it is just about everywhere else.  But not a 108 degrees.  I am still sweltering thinking about that kind of temp.

@kdgn, hope it is only 100 out there now.

Ocean, here is how skilled a gardener I am.  I have a green pepper plant but I wanted the yellow sweet bell pepper.  Well I have 4 of the biggest beautiful green peppers on that plant right now.  But I was frustrated because I thought they had labeled  the plant incorrectly. 

A really good friend of mine is an industrial landscaper and has a home on quite a bit of acreage.  He has a large garden and grows all kinds of vegetables.  We were talking on the phone a little while ago so I mentioned this to him.  Then he informed me they are all the same plant.  You just leave the pepper on the plant longer and it turns yellow.  Leave it a little longer and it is orange, leave it the maximum amt of time and it is red.  I burst out laughing.  Oh my goodness.  Who knew??  Well evidently quite a few people.  

So I am a novice at growing vegetables and obviously learning.  LOL! 

Take care everyone and stay cool and safe!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Good to see you all here. Smiley Happy   I hope my company didn't keep anyone awake or annoy you. LOL 

The week / weekend flew by!  We had lots of fun and laughs just relaxing inside or on the deck.  It was very warm some days. Other days, tolerable to be on the deck. 

We ate lots of good food cooked by me! LOL    For my birthday dinner, I made a beef tenderloin roast, mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies.   I made a lemon/blueberry pie, for dessert, which was DELISH! 

It did my soul and heart good to give my Drummer Boy a huge hug!  Boy, did I miss seeing that kid!  

The house is almost back to normal.   Guest stuff is being washed and put away.  

Jersey is exhaustified, as our Pup would say. It will take her a week to recover from the excitement of last week/weekend. lol 

Tomorrow, I head out to the grocery store for staples. We are almost out of everything. LOL   Not quite, but you get the idea. 

Baseball season begins on Thursday.  My Yankees flag is ready to go out!   Earplugs are available for anyone who wants them! LOL LOL  

Hockey playoffs begin July 29th!   I'm warning you ahead of time so you can get more earplugs . LOL 

This week, I hope to get back to cross stitching and reading. I'm reading Beach Bliss by Joanne DeMaio. 

kdgn, that is intense heat! Holy smokers!  I seed my jalapenos too.  The seeds are way too hot for me.   Are you reading anything good?  

ocean, much good luck on your surgery. Please check in when you can!  

pitty, thanks for keeping things in order and normal while I was busy entertaining. lol Smiley Happy Smiley Wink 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ocean is home.  Her surgery went well.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Opening Day is today!

The NY Yankees play the Nats, ESPN, 7:00 eastern. 

Let's go Yankees! | Go yankees, New york yankees, Yankees baseball

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm sure Puppy would have been as excited as I am for baseball. Much good luck to her Twins! 

Good luck to all our teams this shortened season! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

New York Yankees on Twitter: "#Yankees win, 2-1 ...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Today is National Tequila Day.    Enjoy!  

Burrito Factory - Specialty Cocktails

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi gang, Yep, one eye corrected. I'll have the surgery on my other eye in less than 2 weeks. At the moment, my routine is putting 3 different eye drops in 4 times a day! 

Pitty, I never knew that about the different colors of peppers. I learn something every day. 

Dmod, your Yanks won their opener, as well as my Sox (though I couldn't watch the game😒)

It is a brutally hot day here. Probably the same in your areas. However, I feel for the people who are experiencing the hurricane.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ocean, so pleased you posted. Glad you're doing well. Smiley Happy  Much good luck on the next surgery! 

https://wobm.com/seaside-park-water-spout-captured-on-camera-photo/?fbclid=IwAR0Qe2O9TDwn-ppGsQBshqd...

Scary! 

Hot as hinges, as pitty would say,  here today.  UGH!  Thank goodness for Mr. Carrier's invention. LOL 

kdgn, are there any plans to go back to school in your area?  Not sure how the numbers are in your area.   I haven't heard anything about my area.    What about where your little man lives? 

No photo description available.