Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

@pitdakotathanks so much. I thought that was what you used, but wanted to make sure.  

Can't use the sauce with horseradish....I'm allergic.   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for monday sparkle and shine

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Happy NHL Trade Deadline Day!  lol  The Rangers kept their young  kid, Kreider, which makes me very happy! 

The weather here is spectacular. It's sunny, blue and in the low 50s.  Enjoying the warmer temps and sunshine.  Later in the week, snow is expected with colder temps.   If you need nice weather, I have some to share. Smiley Happy 

This morning, I ran a bunch of errands and took Jersey for a long walk. 

Thank you, pitty, for the recipe!  I have all the ingredients to make it tomorrow. 

I will email you my soda bread recipe. 

This weekend, we went to a newish Mexican restaurant in downtown Syracuse.   It was a festive place, with DELISH food and the margarita was killer good!    After dinner, we walked around a neighborhood called Armory Square. 

http://www.armorysq.org/

pitty, one of the first things I did, when we bought this house, was check out what sports channels were available, what teams I could watch, and settle my sports viewing for my various teams. LOL   

I am all caught up on my dvred shows.   YAY!     Has anyone found any good shows to watch?  I am going to look up Stranger Things, thanks to pitty and Pumpkin. 

What's for dinner tonight?  I'm making a mash up recipe of Spanish rice with chicken.  It's a combo of a few recipes just perfect for us! 

I'll email you the recipe and pictures this week. Thanks! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

https://people.com/style/qvc-hsn-announces-the-big-find-winners/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag&u...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You have mail.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

pitty, the roast is DELICIOUS!! Thank you for the recipe! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for wednesday meme

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, well then....no seafood cocktail sauce with horseradish for you!  

I am so glad you liked the roast!  You know, I really should make that more often.  And thanks for the Irish Soda Bread recipe. I plan on making that for St. Patrick's Day.  

Which reminds me that a cousin of mine has been researching my mother's side of the family.  He has really been doing this for the past several years.  We knew that both lines for that grandmother and grandfather go back to the late 1600s in Virginia.  But he has been successful in tracing them back to Antrim, Ireland. ( I think that is correct.) One question he is looking to try and answer is why this particular line would have immigrated from Ireland to Virgina so early.  I have no clue, but he is like a detective with this stuff so is planning on making a trip to Ireland this summer.   Of course, I readily volunteered to go and assist anyway I could, even though I know squat about actually researching that type of thing.  LOL!  

Nasty, icky weather here.  We are back to rain again.  Rain changes over to snow flurries tonight.  May have a dusting of snow by morning.  Then a chance of another little glance of snow for Friday morning.  Not complaining!  I have my hot cocoa at the ready!  

Donna, I had to stick with Stranger Things and honestly the only motivation was Pumpkin.  He is just really into this show.  However, I am glad we did since I ended up really getting interested. 

DD also got us interested in Jack Ryan on Netflix and we did watch all of season 1.  I think season 2 is out, but I haven't seen any of season 2 yet.  I really should try and catch a couple of the episodes to see how season 2 is since I tend to watch more TV during the winter.  Just seems like once warm weather gets here I tend not to watch TV much since I would much rather be outside.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, meant to also say thanks for bringing up the Spanish chicken and rice.  Mom used to make Spanish chicken and rice often. It was so good and one of my favorite things she made.  She got her recipe from another military wife that had family in Spain.  I need to see if I can find her recipe & see if it is something I think I could make.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Donna, well then....no seafood cocktail sauce with horseradish for you!  

I am so glad you liked the roast!  You know, I really should make that more often.  And thanks for the Irish Soda Bread recipe. I plan on making that for St. Patrick's Day.  

Which reminds me that a cousin of mine has been researching my mother's side of the family.  He has really been doing this for the past several years.  We knew that both lines for that grandmother and grandfather go back to the late 1600s in Virginia.  But he has been successful in tracing them back to Antrim, Ireland. ( I think that is correct.) One question he is looking to try and answer is why this particular line would have immigrated from Ireland to Virgina so early.  I have no clue, but he is like a detective with this stuff so is planning on making a trip to Ireland this summer.   Of course, I readily volunteered to go and assist anyway I could, even though I know squat about actually researching that type of thing.  LOL!  

Nasty, icky weather here.  We are back to rain again.  Rain changes over to snow flurries tonight.  May have a dusting of snow by morning.  Then a chance of another little glance of snow for Friday morning.  Not complaining!  I have my hot cocoa at the ready!  

Donna, I had to stick with Stranger Things and honestly the only motivation was Pumpkin.  He is just really into this show.  However, I am glad we did since I ended up really getting interested. 

DD also got us interested in Jack Ryan on Netflix and we did watch all of season 1.  I think season 2 is out, but I haven't seen any of season 2 yet.  I really should try and catch a couple of the episodes to see how season 2 is since I tend to watch more TV during the winter.  Just seems like once warm weather gets here I tend not to watch TV much since I would much rather be outside.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday!

pitty, wow, your family has been here for a very long time.  I'm a 2nd generation on my paternal side and 3rd on my maternal side. Hubby is 1st generation on both sides. 

I would go to Ireland to find out more too. What a perfect excuse to travel! lol   I found it on the map. It's not far from Belfast. 

Snowy and cold here today through the weekend.   

I'll share a cuppa with you. 

Image result for two cups of steaming hot cocoa

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Donna, meant to also say thanks for bringing up the Spanish chicken and rice.  Mom used to make Spanish chicken and rice often. It was so good and one of my favorite things she made.  She got her recipe from another military wife that had family in Spain.  I need to see if I can find her recipe & see if it is something I think I could make.  

Please share the recipe with me!  

Mine did not come out great!  

Thanks!