Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Getting a break from the cold suppose to be 70 Sunday !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sharke wrote:

Hi @sharke  welcome. Smiley Happy

Where do you live?  

It's been cold here, in central NY.   Typical winter weather here.   Not much snow. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

I bet Drummer Boy enjoys being able to sleep on that mattress when he is there!  

Too funny about you having to have a stool to get up in your bed, but I can relate.  Our bed isn't that high, but I do have to pay attention to furniture when I do purchase things like a couch or chair.  Hate when I sit down on a couch and my feet don't begin to touch the floor.  LOL   LOL~

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing at this, I really am. In my prime I stood 5'10" in my bare feet. I think I've lost maybe 1/2".  Still, my feet finding the floor has never been a problem. Smiley Happy

LOL  I use a stool to get into bed. LOL 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dmod 

amarillo, Tx

@dmod wrote:

@sharke wrote:

Hi @sharke  welcome. Smiley Happy

Where do you live?  

It's been cold here, in central NY.   Typical winter weather here.   Not much snow. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ok, so is that @kdgn laughing?  LOL!  Yep, Donna and I have the difficult struggles in life of having to use stools in our lives.  I am telling ya, it was a high priority when my little kiddo's stool went caput that I use for the washer.  Of course, never mind that the thing was probably around 35 years old!  But it is impossible for me to get small articles of clothing from the botton of the washer just standing there.  It is somewhat akin to an I Love Lucy show.   I am always envious of those that are tall.   

Donna, who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl?  We do plan to watch it and I guess I will pull for the 49er's, but it would be fine with me if Kansas City wins too. I have liked San Fransico for some time and followed them regularly back when Joe Montano was quarterback.  Thanks for the TV shows and book suggestion.  I will have to write them down.  

I need to pick up cross stitch again.  I used to love to cross stitch.  Now that I am retired...I need to see if I can find time to work it in.  LOL!

Had a group of friends over for lunch earlier this week.  We all had a good time and I managed not to burn the food.  I always get a wee bit nervous when I am cooking for others. LOL!  Sometimes it's not a good idea to start with a recipe you haven't used before, but everything turned out fine.

Welcome @sharke.  70 degrees sounds wonderful!  Here in my part of Ky, it might hit 60 on Sunday.  We shall see.  I will just be happy to see the sun!  It has been cloudy or it has rained quite a few days here.

Sleep well ladies! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I will tip toe quietly and try not to wake anyone here in the house up.  LOL!  My groaning may be a little loud though.  Had a busy day, a late lunch with a group of friends, came home, sat down......and fell asleep.  I slept almost 2 hours!  DH is in mucho trouble for letting me sleep that long in the late afternoon.  So now I am wide awake.  

Donna, know you are busy with family visiting and bet Jersey is having a ball and getting even more attention.  We will need to get together after your company leaves and plan our trip to Reuters!  

kdgn, have cold temps settled back in your way?  SIL said it was really cold out there in San Diego.  

Think I will turn on the tv.  Now might be a good time to catch up on some of those programs I keep saying I am going to watch. Thank goodness for DVR and streaming services!  And maybe I will drift back off to sleep.  lol  

Take care ladies!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Family is on their way back home to Jersey.  It was a fun week of going out, shopping, eating out at new restaurants and watching some dvred shows.  

Today, I am getting the house back to normal.  

We got about a foot of snow on Friday.   It's melting little by little, especially today. The temps are up to 40 degrees.  Friday morning, we will be -5.  Yep, you read that right, minus 5. 

The snow did not affect our Saturday plans.  They do a fantastic job clearing/cleaning the roads.  We went to the car show in Syracuse.  The various car companies had their newest cars on display. We also saw some luxury cars available. I picked out a Rolls Royce. lol Now, all I need is a chauffeur. LOL 

My Jersey is exhaustified after the week of fun! She is sound asleep.  

Hubby is in Jersey on business till the end of the week.  You know what that means............no cooking.  I get to watch my games on the big tv. LOL      I'll be skyping with some friends during the week. 

What's shakin in your world?  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

***Spraying Lysol****   Seems like I have come down with a cold.  Ugg!  I don't ever get sick but that doesn't seem to matter this time.  LOL!  I will be ok, just tired of sneezing, looking like Rudolf, and feeling yucky.  

Donna, glad to hear the family's visit went well and that Jersey throughly enjoyed herself!  Boy, those are frigid temps for Friday.  We are going to be in the low 30s that day, so not nearly as cold as you all.  It is raining here and I mean it has rained almost every day.  It cleared up this afternoon, but heavy rain is to move in over night and continue through tomorrow.  Then more rain in a couple of days in the forecast.  If it keeps up, no doubt we will have some flooding issues.  Some towns down in the southeastern part of the state are already flooded.  As Puppy used to say....maybe I should start working on building an arc!!!

I can just see you in a Rolls, Donna.  And by the way, I will volunteer to be chauffeur.  Just think of all the fun we could have.  And kdgn can be your body guard since she is so tall.  Sounds like a plan.

Nothing exciting to report, especially since I spent most of the day indoors today and on the couch.  A good friend of mine has me watching The Crown, so I watched 3 episodes of the new season today.  Well, shhhh....really about 2 1/2 episodes since I fell alseep during the 3rd one.  But that is our secret.  

Sleep well ladies!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Happy Wednesday! 

Image result for happy wednesday winter images

The weather today is in the mid 30s, sunny and clear! Stunning winter day!     Snow is expected tomorrow, only around 3 inches. 

Tomorrow morning, I'm out early for a hair appointment.  Do you think I need more highlights?   *twirling* 

Today, I hit the grocery store, library, gassed up, and went for a pedicure.    Jersey and I just came home from a long walk. She is sleeping next to me.  

The other night, I spoke with Puppette.  All is well in Minny.   We reminisced about our Puppy and how much she loved posting here. 

pitty,  hope you feel better soon.  I made you some chicken soup and tea.   Help yourself. 

Image result for chicken soup

Image result for cup of tea

Hope the rain is not enough to flood.  That's just awful to deal with. Smiley Sad     Stay warm and cozy on Friday, especially since you are not feeling well.  Those are cold temps for your area!  

LOL I like your plans for the Rolls Royce!   I'm in!  How about you kdgn? lol 

Here is your yearly warning.............order earplugs.  Opening Day is only 43 days away.   Today, pitchers and catchers reported to Tampa Bay!  Shall I order you new Yankees caps and jerseys for the new season? lol lol 

*spraying Lysol as I leave*  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, glad to hear the Puppettes are all doing ok.  Thanks for the chicken noodle soup.  It hit the spot!   I will let your hairdresser determine whether you need more highlights or not.  lol   Mine would not be an expert opinion, so I will leave it to the experts.  lol

Well, I am back to building the arc.  It has rained all day and will rain through the night.  All I can say for the people down river is .....look out!!!  All that water has to go somewhere!  

Feeling a little better today, but spraying Lysol just to be prudent!

Have a good evening ladies!