Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Happy Sunday, everyone, Smiley Happy 

Feeling better!  Getting back to normal, day by day.  

pitty, it was 60+ degrees here the other day. NUTTY weather for January, especially here.   The temps are dropping today but still above normal. 

Well, Pupsicle's Vikings are out. The Titans continue to roll on!   Not sure about who will win today.  

My Rangers are a YOUNG team.........which is great......but also means young team mistakes.  Not much consistency.   Some games, they look like champs. Other games, not so much. lol  

I'm back to cross-stitching.  I'm back to working on the portrait of Jersey. I started it before the move. I put it away when it became clear I could not focus or spend the time on it.  Too much research and packing/moving stuff to do.   I am also working on a NY Giants helmet for my sports lounge, aka, the den. lol   I'm also working on something for Drummer Boy and gf.   Keeps me busy,  out of trouble and keeps me from night time  snacking. I can't cross-stitch with dirty fingers. LOL  

Another light reading author to recommend......Joanne DeMaio.   Her books are magical.  

I am caught up with all my network shows!   We started watching FBI, Most Wanted.   So far, so good!   Are you watching anything new? 

I am about halfway through, You, on Netflix. OMG, he's creepy, twisted.........and so good! lol 

What's up this week?   I have a hair appointment.  I'll be doing volunteer work. November will be here before you know it. 

ocean, was it windy near you today?  OMG, the wind here was fierce this morning.  

kdgn, what's shakin in your neck of the woods?  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy Sunday

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for monday morning

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrong thread

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Morning, 

Unseasonably warm here again today.  Reality will be back to central NY by the weekend. 

Delicious new yogurt. https://www.chobani.com/products/oatmeal/

Houston Astros are finally proven to be cheaters!   Cora and Red Sox are next to be investigated. We know Cora is a cheater. He was implicated in the Houston mess. We'll see what comes of his time with the Red Sox investigation.   

I feel bad for the city of Houston and their fans.  That WS championship came right after the historic flooding. The city rallied around their team!  It was a bright spot for them.  

Hubby is out tonight. You all know what that means.......no cooking, junk food and the tv all to myself!  

Did anyone see Little Big Town on the Today Show this morning?  LOVE their music! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, I have to laugh at the "wrong thread" post.  Having a day like is typical for me, were ya?  LOL!

I heard that about the Houston Astros.  It is a sad situation to say the least.  

We are still unseasonably warm here as well with it changing by the weekend.  I have a feeling that when winter does arrive this weekend, it will arrive in a way to make itself known.  So far, we have been very fortunate and I think we will end up paying.  LOL!

Did you & Jersey have a good time having the house all to yourselves?  Was there any JBJ music in this mix?  

I am still dragging a little since I stayed up later than normal the other night watching the Clemson v LSU game.  We were pulling for LSU.  I had this foolish notion that some of the things I had to take care of that evening could be done during commercial breaks or if the game was boring I would just leave the game.  Well no, not the way it turned out.  It was a good game so I watched the entire game and then had to run around after the game to get things finished.  Just the way it goes I guess.

I am on a mission to find a little kid's step stool.  I had one we had for our kids that I used by the washer.  These newer washers have such deep tubs and are tall enough that I cannot get things like socks from the washer tub without standing on a little step stool.  Ours bit the dust the other day and I about killed myself trying my best to get one little sock.  Finally decided to let it wait until DH got home.  I felt like I was in an I Love Lucy episode.  So, need to find one and hope it doesn't end up being a difficult search!

Have a great day ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Greetings housemates!  Well the cold weather finally arrived.  It was colder here yesterday than it has been in months.  Colder today and even colder tomorrow. Raining here right now, so it is warm enough to have rain.  Tomorrow they are forecasting a high of 28-29.  Told myself I am not complaining since we have been so lucky up to this point.  We will see how long that lasts!!!

Made some vegetable soup.  That is how I deal with the cold, LOL!  Sat down to a bowl of homemade vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich! 

We are going out this evening.  Friends of ours finally realized their dream and purchased a house on about 10 acres of land.  They are having a big group over for dinner tonight.  We are to bring a snack type of dish or dessert.  I am planning on making this cheesy, garlic pull apart bread to take.  Wish me luck.  I found the round loaf of bread, but goodness only knows how this will look when I get finished with the product!

Stay warm everyone and have a great day ladies!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday from snowy central NY.  

Image result for snowy Sunday

It's only about 5 inches and the roads are fine.   

pitty, did you find a stool?  I have one to get into bed.  Our new king size bed is so freakin high.........Mr. Donna found one for me to keep beside my side of the bed.  

We were rooting for LSU, too. We have nieces and nephews that attend/attended.  

Have fun tonight. The cheesy bread sounds so good.  Do you need a taste tester?  If you do, I'm your gal. lol 

You make soup, I make hot cocoa when it gets cold.  Why am I NOT surprised you're making something healthy and I'm not? lol 

I've been trying to get caught up with my dvred shows, but I've been distracted by Netflix.   I did watch the entire season of You! OMG, so good!  I also read there will be a 3rd season. Woooooooooohooooooo!  

Our Kathy recommended Atypical on Netflix. I've been watching that too.   So, there has not been time for much else.  

So much to watch, so little time. lol 

I'm reading Susan Wiggs' newest book, The Oysterville Sewing Circle. So far, I'm loving it.

This week, I had my roots done!   Next time, roots and highlights!   

Jersey is just a  doll baby!  She was outside in the snow enjoying herself.  

What is going on with all of you?  

Only 23 more days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training. 

Only 66 days until the start of the 2020 baseball season! 

One more important number....366 days! Woman Tongue

Mets, Red Sox and Astros have all fired their managers due to cheating.     They better find new peeps soon. The season will be here soon. 

Today is National Popcorn Day.  Mangia! Enjoy! 

Image result for popcorn

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, I did find another stool.  LOL!  Someone had a stool they used to have when they had a bed that was too high for her and she insisted that I take it since she hasn't needed it for some time.  

And who says I don't make hot cocoa??  LOL!  I do, but somehow that just would not suffice for lunch!  lol

I will add those shows to the list, that is ever growing.  Someone just recommended the movie Troop Zero on Amazon Prime.  My problem is that it seems like when I do have time to watch TV, DH is wanting to watch a basketball or football game.  Psstt....he is watching the Titans and the Chiefs game as I type.  LOL.   I may have to seriously think about getting another TV.  It just isn't something I wanted to do since as you know, I just don't watch TV all that much.  But now that I am retired..........

Glad to hear you didn't get slammed with snow and that the roads are fine.  I am sure Jersey is having a great time playing in the white stuff.  LOL!

Just have to report that the pull apart bread was a big hit last night.  But I will probably not be making that again.  I simply do not have the patience to separate all of those pieces in the bread once it is cut,  to brush with melted butter then stuff that cheese in all of those areas.  LOL!   

Think I will go pop some popcorn and watch some of the game.

Have a great day ladies!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Oh by the way Donna, I meant to ask you if your new king size bed is still a Sleep Number Mattress?