Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

My thoughts are with all those affected by the events of 9-11. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP0JsyvYnA

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday!  

It's Friday the 13th!   Who is going to watch those movies tonight?  Not me! lol lol 

House is cleaned, set up for guests, and food is prepped for our company this weekend. There will be plenty of leftovers, help yourself. 

I made a blueberry lemon pie in a graham cracker crust.   I made it with raspberries  the last time and it was delicious.  One of our guests LOVES blueberries, so this should be a hit. 

The contractors are almost done with wallpaper removal, painting, etc.   They should be done this week.  The powder room reno is almost done. 

I found some delicious snacks..........

https://www.uniquepretzels.com/pretzel-shells.html?fbclid=IwAR0VPjZeMhkwObmnSICY8KgHVuvrqrM_YY0Q8MXu...

https://www.uniquepretzels.com/pretzel-splits.html?fbclid=IwAR3nO1AKDxtHD7acLjZGHHis0kQi_RJXuD09jGjG...

Yoplait's Fruitside yogurt is so delicious!  LOTS of fruit! 

https://www.yoplait.com/product/fruitside-strawberry

Simply Peach is like drinking liquid peaches............and I don't get a reaction. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!  

https://www.simplyorangejuice.com/product/peach

Tonight, while I listen to the Yankees, I'll be doing my PBP, or as our Puppy used to call it............guilding the lily...........so I look human tomorrow. lol lol  

The days are in the low 70s and the nights in the high 40s/ low 50s here.   Hope the weather is cooperating with your plans this weekend. 

What are you doing this weekend?  

Respected Contributor

Ok Donna, rub it in about the weather.  LOL!  We have set new record high temps the last couple of days at 97 degrees.  I think something like 63 days of temps 90 or above and we are in a moderate drought.  It is like a sauna out there.   Will have to water the lawn tomorrow.  You may have another unexpected guest coming.  LOL!  But don't mind me....you will just find me out by the pool.  As long as there is a hunky pool guy, I will be just fine.

Sounds like you have everything under control and ready for your guests.  That pie sounds so delicious and refreshing.  I also love anything blueberry!

The snacks look really good and that Simply Peach also looks very interesting.

Holding down the fort here.  Mr. Pitty continues to progress & is doing well.   Have to admit I am tired though.  I had to run errands today and go to the grocery.  When I got in, I was just wilted.  This type of heat will really take it out of you quickly.  The flip side is that at least I can now leave Mr. Pitty for periods of time to run those errands.  He can get up and around now with his walker to get around fairly well.  And I don't have to worry about him navigating his way around the house.

We have taken the time though to make the most of it, so to speak.  Pumpkin got us started on the show Stranger Things.  So yesterday I made a big pitcher of lemonade and we just stayed in and watched several shows.  That's the great thing about retirement.  I don't have to worry about work or meeting some type of a schedule, so we can do those types of things now.  After a couple of shows, he would take a break and do his exercises or walk a couple of laps around the inside of the house.  He did walk outside early yesterday before it got so blasted hot. He is getting plenty of exercise & is really good about doing his exercises.  On Wednesday, I loaded him in the car and we just went for a nice long ride.  It was good for him to get out but be cool in the car.  We miss out nights sitting out on the porch, but it is just too miserable right now.

Hope everyone is doing well. kdgn, hop on your broom and fly over here for a while.  We would love to have some company.  Well, you might not care for the humidity here, lol...but we could have plenty of fun!

Sleep well ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

pitty, lol  when I am up to my eyeballs in snow, you'll love where you are living. lol  Over the weekend, someone  told me about lake effect snows and how they dump LOTS of snow during the winter. lol   I may just hibernate all winter. lol  

I'm so pleased to hear mr. pitty is doing well and getting around the house more easily. 

Ita, that kind of heat and humidity sucks the life out of you.   

You've taken such great care of him, I'm sure you are exhaustified.   Caring for a baby, elderly or someone not well is mentally and physically exhausting. 

The weekend went well.  We laughed, cried, chatted up a storm and enjoyed the beautiful weather. 

I've got lots of leftovers for tonight and tomorrow.  Help yourself.  

kdgn, what have you been doing to keep busy? 

Respected Contributor

I'm here, been reading but not a lot to say! Unusual, I know....

Pitty, I'm so glad Mr. Pitty is doing well and I'm sending positive thoughts that his recovery continues to be smooth and uneventful. I'd like to send your humidity elsewhere but we know that's not going to happen!

We've started a cool down here, mid 80s today and for several more days. So much nicer than the 100s!  It will start getting cooler in the mornings, too, under 60. Smiley Happy  I'm getting used to it being dark by 7:30 and quite enjoy it. Same with it being darker in the mornings. I'm one of those who likes to wake up and sit on the patio in the quiet, dark morning. Not when it's 20 degrees, but you get the idea. 

When I went grocery shopping at 8:30 this morning it was 72. 40 minutes later, loading the car, it was all of 75. Almost 20 degrees cooler and oh so nice. Got chilled in the store and revelled in it. Smiley Happy 

Mr. B is doing well, knock on wood. He goes back to the vet in two weeks for another ****** gland check. Yes, one side was impacted again two weeks ago and it's getting worrisome. He has a new food from the vet, more fiber, a chewable supplement with pumpkin and something else-and he loves it. I mean he's right under the container first thing in the morning and right after dinner. Heaven help me if I'm slow in giving it to him. Next move would be packing the gland with antibiotics and no, I don't know what that entails but sedation would be required. All to avoid having both glands surgically removed. He's 14 now. 

Toddler grandson is no longer a toddler, he's in his second year of preschool and will be in kindergarten next year!  New niece is doing well, gaining more weight faster than her Toddler brother ever did. 7 ounces in 4 days, I think. The pediatrician said it was a week's worth of weight gain at her age: 5 wks. Cute as can be. Turns out she had a broken collarbone, happened at birth, and that's why everyone knew what a great set of lungs she had. Her parents were devastated-they didn't find out until she was 2 wks old. 

Donna, I enjoyed the photos! Keep them coming-love seeing renovations. And yes, I have watched Good Bones. It seems the two women actually get dirty as opposed to some of the other renovation show "hosts". Well, Chip G did but not quite like Mima. 

Respected Contributor

I guess the name of the gland isn't allowed? Starts with an "a". Ends with "l". 

Honored Contributor

Yankees clinch!  They  AL East Champions with their 100th win!  

First step to the World Series! 

Let's celebrate!   Help yourself!  

Image result for champagne

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Summer is back in central NY.  It's warm and HUMID here today.  UGH!  I was so enjoying the cooler dryer weather. 

As I am writing this, I am drinking a Dunkin Donuts frozen hot chocolate. YUMMY!   

We are getting unpacked little by little, putting things up on the walls and tchotchkes around, and getting autumn stuff for the outside.   Lots going on!   

I will take pictures and share them.  I've got a few already for an email.   Fingers crossed I'll get it done this week.   

Jersey had her boosters and is in perfect health!  

Yankees begin their World Series journey on Friday against Puppy's Twins!   I spoke with Puppette the other night. All is well in Minny. 

Rangers begin their journey to a Stanley Cup on Thursday!   It's not too late to get earplugs. lol 

Giants are 2-2 and looking a bit better than the first game. I'm optimistic this year will be a learning year for the young, rookie qb. 

Tomorrow, I am going out to a local store for central NY weather appropriate gloves and boots.   They are $$$$$$ but NEEDED with all the snow we'll get. 

We contracted with a snow removal company to do our driveway!  Whew!  There was no way I am going to shovel every freakin inch we'll get here. 

Now that the majority of the house work is done, I am getting out and starting to  volunteer, join in and enjoy the area. 

Any plans this weekend?  We are doing some outside work on the landscaping.  

I've been back to my beloved Jersey to visit family/friends.   Going back restores my soul! 

Respected Contributor

Well greetings from the Bluegrass desert.  The past 7 days we have had temps from 95-97 and just shattered all kinds of records. We are also dry as a bone.  No rain for the month of Sept., making it the driest month on record.  Not the driest Sept of all time since recordings started, but the driest month period. Needless to say, we also shattered record high temps for the month of October!   We did have a cold front pass through overnight so the temps today have been in the 60s.  I don't think we know how to act,we might start shivering.  LOL!  But still no rain.  If this keeps up I might have to replace the hydrangeas and other plants with all different types of cactus.  Somehow, I can just here Puppy up there laughing.  Woman Very Happy 

Hope Mr. B is coming along @kdgn.  I can't believe your gs will be starting kindergarten soon.  Doesn't time just fly by faster the older we get???  

Donna,glad you have most of the inside work completed and your are able to get out and explore your new surroundings.  Also glad you were able to get back to Jersey to see friends and family.  I know that had to be a great trip for you.  And I bet they were glad to see you as well.  

I am in the process of getting ready to do a major remodel of the other bathroom.  Have worked with the company to pick out all the materials.  Now just have to wait for them to finish another job before they start this one.  Worked out fairly well since I didn't want all that mess when Mr. Pitty was just out of the hospital.  But he is getting around very well with a cane at this point and even walks short distances n the house without the cane.  So I think we will be in a better situation when they start tearing all that stuff out of the bathroom.  lol   I could just see him tripping over something laying in an unexpected place and having to call an ambulance.  Didn't think we were up for that kind of excitement!!! 

Not too much to report here.  Same ole, same ole.  But hey....that means things are plugging along.  These days that is nice.  I do still enjoy being retired.  I don't think I realized how busy and stressed I was when I was working.  lol   

Donna, glad you have someone to take care of the snow on the driveway.  That will be a major relief & your arms, back, and shoulders will sure appreciate that!  You will have to model all your new winter outfits when you get them.

Have a great day ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Hi all. Just checking in with a quick update. No recovery from my stroke:’(I relocated to a nursing and rehab facility in NC ON 7/11)10 mins from my son DIL and grands. The place is very nice and the food is edible and sometimes even good!!! I’ve been very down because I realized I will probably never get better. I need a miracle.

Hooe everyone is doing great. Hello to all of my old friends. I’ve missed being here. I have to use my phone to post and it’s hard being able to use only one hand. Stroke affect my left side.

I have 2 grandchildren now, sadie will be 4 on 2/29 (she was a leag baby. They chose 3/1 to celebrate and Jack who will be 2 on 2/9. They are such a delight!!! It’s so nice to see them more frequently than when I was in NY.
"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy