Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

pitty, I would gladly send you all the rain this area has had lately.   Everthing is growing beautifully...........including the weeds. lol  It's lush and green.  I'll direct the rain your way. I hope it listens. 

My cousins and I had the same light bulb moment. We did make steps forward toward keeping in touch more often.  I wish you luck with your cousins.  Technology really makes it easy. 

I hear ya about the painting/work around the house.  I am so sore. Who knew I had muscles in those places?  They are well insulated with my fluffiness. LOL 

Have a great weekend, whatever your plans. 

kdgn, check in, please.   How are you surviving the heat? 

Does anyone watch Good Bones, Boise Boys, and Hidden Potential on HGTV?  I enjoy those shows very much.   

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Respected Contributor

All is well here, temperatures haven't been horribly bad. They've been lingering in the above 100 mark but no higher than 105...fingers crossed!!

Toddler grandson is no longer a toddler, he's four and was in preschool last school year! Getting old here.... a new great niece was born at the beginning of this month. That makes a total of 8 great grandchildren for the late in-laws. Someone needs to step up their game: the grand parents had 11 grandchildren. Smiley Happy 

Not much else going on, trying to recover from doing something stupid to my lower back. How can one do that when all one did was sit in the computer chair for hours one morning? Easily, it turns out. Sit properly and it might not happen again. In the meantime chores are done slowly and over time. Whatever doesn't get done one day can be put off until the next. Smiley Wink  

Hope all is well with you all- I've enjoyed reading about the move, etc. Donna. Hope Jersey has settled in even more!

Respected Contributor

Greetings housemates!  @kdgn, I do consider temps of 100-105 to be pretty hot.  LOL!  Of course we have quite a bit of humidity here so that combines with the heat to make it miserable at times.  Our temps are a little better now, but a couple of days there it was like walking into a wall of hot air when you would just open to the door to go outside.  I guess our wee man is growing and getting smarter all the time!  Bet he is an adorable pumpkin! Heart   Hope your back is better.  A physical therapist I worked with at one time used to tell us, that with back problems....it is the constant movement that gradually produces the problem without specific symptoms.  But then one particular move, no matter how little or insignificant is the one that lets it be known there is something wrong with your back.  He used to joke that there is real meaning in the saying "the straw that broke the camel's back". Smiley Very Happy

Donna, hope the move continues to go well.  Hope your allergies aren't giving you too much trouble as you landscape your weeds.  LOL!  Somehow I doubt they are weeds anyway!!   Do you have deer in this area?  Just wondering if you will be able to grow some plants that you really liked but couldn't keep because of the deer you had at the other house.  You will need to send pictures when you have the house all fixed to your specifications.

Well, Mr. Pitty is home from his hip surgery and now has a brand new hip.  Had surgery on Monday and was home by mid-morning Wed. morning.  The surgery went well & he is doing fairly well here.  Getting stronger every day.  He is pretty good at doing his exercises, but I have to remind him at times.  LOL!  Just call me drill sgt!!!  A physical therapist came Thursday and Fri.  She will be here 2 times next week.  She is really nice and offered quite a few tips in addition to having him exercise. 

@Oceanjade, I thought of you many times.  On Wed. DH was not very strong and had quite a bit of trouble getting up out of the one chair in the family room.  I would really have to help him up and pray that if he teetered I could use the gait belt to steady him.  That never happened and the next day he was doing quite a bit better.  At any rate, I thought of you and how many times you dealt with your dear husband falling and not being able to get him back up.  YOu have been through so much.  Hope you and the kitties are doing ok.

Nothing much exciting going on around here since we are "rehabing" from the hip surgery.  lol  It is a very quite Labor Day Holiday for us.  There will be no grilling out and having people over this year!  DD and Pumpkin will be going to a friend's house.  Some good friends of Pumpkin's will be there so I am sure they will all have a good time. I am kinda looking forward to a nice weekend without having to worry about grocery shopping and fixing food.  There is a benefit to this for sure.   

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!  Sleep well ladies.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Hope you all had a fun holiday weekend.  We did!   I know, I know, I still owe you all an update email.  

We've been visiting family, getting to know the neighborhood/parks, visiting with neighbors, taking care of the house/garden and enjoying the spectacular weather.   In the last two weeks or so, it's been in the low 70s and low humidity.   Stunning weather! 

In two weeks, we are having family here to visit.  Getting the house set up, room by room, now that most of the inside is painted.  There is still work being done.............oy vey.   I think the contractor has been here for so long, we are claiming him as a dependent on our taxes. lol lol   It's going fine, just slow. 

kdgn, those are temps are sizzling for me. lol 

pitty, no deer, as of yet.  Lots of wild turkey and other wildlife, so far. I did hear an owl hooting the other night. 

I recently made a delicious raspberry lemon pie, in a graham cracker crust, topped with homemade sweetened whipped cream.  It was a hit!  Making it again for our visitors. 

Hockey is only 1 month away!   Moonsie and I are so ready for our Rangers to start winning.  

Yankees play ocean's Sox this coming weekend!  Should be a fun series, as always, for our teams. 

Football starts this Sunday, too, for the Giants!

Honored Contributor

You have mail...........finally. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

https://onechicagocenter.com/2019/09/03/one-chicago-crossover-2019-spoilers/?fbclid=IwAR1PZFl25H9zne...

Respected Contributor

Ok Donna, came to the house tired and now that I have read what all you have done I am even more tired!  LOL!  You have been a very busy gal for sure.  But how exciting that you get to make the place your own! I am so glad you will be having family come for a visit. BTW, loved the pics especially the one of the wild turkeys.  And looks like Jersey is adapting well to her new enviorns.

Doing well here I guess.  Had a nice holiday weekend.  Family & friends did come over yesterday.  Several brought salads, dessert, etc. over & later in the afternoon, DD showed up to grill hamburgers.  I hardly had to fix anything at all with all the food people brought over here.  I could certainly get spoiled that way.  And DH had a nice time visiting with everyone.

Have to say, I have watched quite a bit of the hurricane coverage.  I am just devastated for the people in the Bahamas.  Knew it had to be happening with that monster storm just sitting there for all the hours it did. Can't even begin to think about winds of 185 mph!!  Have friends that will be mobilizing I think sometime tomorrow for disaster relief.  If it weren't for DH, I would be tempted to go.  I can't imagine.

Glad it is not supposed to make a direct hit on Fla.  The space coast is the area where I used to live so I was trying to blow to keep it away.  Also thinking about 4Paws since she livesin that area as well. Or at least she used to.  Hopefully tropical storm type stuff is all they will get.  And that can be enough pain in the ole patootie as it is.  

kdgn, hope you are doing well. Hope it cools off for you sometime soon. Have you made any more wreaths?  I need to think about doing something like that since I am at home now while DH is recuperating.  

Hope all had a safe but enjoyable holiday weekend.  Sleep well ladies!

Respected Contributor

Greetings ladies!  It is cool here for a change.  Temp was in the low 60s this morning, but going to get up around 82 or so today.  It won't last though, predictions are for mid 90s by midweek.  Checking in here from the infirmary.  lol  DH continues to do well & is progressing nicely. Ha!  He knows he has to be good because he is too dependent on me at this point.  LOL.  Just kidding, he is doing everything he is supposed to and coming along nicely.

I was able to get outside and do some yard work this morning when it was so cool.  We haven't had much rain lately so I may have to resort to watering the lawn in the next couple of days.  I have watered the hydragenas and other plants but have held off watering the lawn.  Guess we will see if we get any chance of rain over the next several days.  Probably not with the way things have been going.

Hope everyone is doing well. Donna guess you are busy as a beaver either getting ready for the family visit or they might even be there by this time.  

Will be making some banana bread later this afternoon so be sure to help yourself.  Have a great day ladies!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Busy weekend so far!  Lots of little things to be taken care of and crossed off the never ending list. 

Snacks and drinks are ready for the  1st  Giants game tomorrow.  The garden flag is out!   

Yankees play the Red Sox on ESPN Sunday night.  More snacks and drinks are ready. LOL 

pitty, the weather for the last week or so has been stunning, low 70s and no humidity.   I tried to send some cooler weather to kdgn, but I'm not sure it made it. 

kdgn, your little man can't be that age!! Where did the time go? 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I'm munching on snacks while watching the Giants.........losing to the Cowboys.  YUCK!   

Enjoy the snacks I've put out............something for everyone.  Drinks available...........to celebrate a win or drown out the loss. LOL LOL  

Yankees play the Sox tonight on ESPN at 8 eastern.  

*shaking hands with ocean* 

It was cool here today......low 60s with LOTS of clouds.  A bit humid too. 

What do you have planned for this week?