Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

@Oceanjade, so glad to "see" you.  I have wondered about you and your snow.  Was watching the weather channel one morning and saw your city on one of their maps and Donna's new area somewhat above it.  So knew you all were getting snow.  Was wishing I lived closer so I could help you shovel.  Sure hope you are getting along ok.  Yeah, I haven't been on Facebook for some time.  No particular reason except I don't think about it very often.  I need to get back on, if nothing else to wave hello.  Will probably take me awhile though.  I have a new computer and have now idea what my password was for facebook.  LOL!  Of course, I can always change it.  Hmmm....I am thinking that is part of the reason I haven't been on in so long!

Donna, so glad the guys were able to spend some time together.  Know drummer boy & E really enjoyed that.    Guess you are getting ready for the holidays in your new abode.  Are you excited about having your first holiday season there?  Sounds like Jersey is settling in very well.

@kdgn, I can so relate to trouble with email. LOL!  Doesn't happen to me very often, but there has been a time or two that of my goodness....it was giving me fits.  Hope you get the problem resolved soon without having to throw the computer across the room!  Bet DGS is excited about Santa.

We are doing well here.  I have finally settled back into the bathroom.  Oh my gosh, it was really too funny!!  I have more drawers in there than before & I can guarantee that I rearranged them at least 4 times before I decided how I wanted the stuff organized.  Then I got frustrated and just started putting stuff wherever it would go!  Donna, am betting you had a few of those experiences in your move as well.  We are really funny creatures at times.  No wonder our pets look at us sometimes like we have lost our minds!

I am working on planning out the Thanksgiving dinner. We will see how long my plans of trying to be organized and ahead of the game for this year wins out.  Hint:  don't place any bets.  LOL!

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Moons and Lotus, sending good thoughts and best wishes your way!

Sleep well ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF!    Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

ocean, good to see you here. Smiley Happy   The weather has been great, so far!   Remind me of this when I am screaming about snow. lol  Yes, we will get more snow than in Jersey.  Snow removal is arranged!  

pitty,   Thanksgiving is, by far, my most favorite holiday. I am so looking forward to cooking a  feast in my new kitchen!    I've planned out my menu.  It has something or everyone.  

I'm still re-arranging the kitchen to suit me!  Just when I think I have it done.............I change something. lol    Some days, I really have to think where I put something. lol 

Who is getting ready for Thanksgiving?  Are you hosting?  Going out?  Helping out somewhere else?

kdgn, tell us about your little man.    What's he up to lately?  

This week, volunteering was super busy, as you can imagine, with all that was going on in the news.  

I found a new tea to enjoy!   DELISH!  http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal/cranberry-vanilla-wonderland

I am so far behind with my dvred shows.   The one show I am only one episode behind in is The Oval on BET. OMG, I love this show.  Does anyone watch? 

I found out  the new season of You, on Netflix, will be available on 12/26! Can't wait for that! 

Last Saturday, we went friends in the burbs of Rochester.  What a great afternoon. Lots of laughter, smart conversation and many hugs.  After the holidays, we are going to meet again! 

So, my gf and I were chatting about whether we say dressing or stuffing.   We know the difference. Our discussion was what do we call it.   I grew up calling it stuffing, even if my mom made a separate casserole dish.  She stuffed the bird and made another casserole dish filled with stuffing.   We called it stuffing regardless.  I still do. lol lol    What do you call it...........besides DELISH! lol 

On a recent trip to Trader Joes, I found milk chocolate covered caramels topped with sea salt. OMG, were they good!  

I think this post has a theme..............food. LOL LOL 

I hope if you are traveling for the holiday, your travel plans go well and the weather cooperates. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Well, I found my way back....I don't know how to use the little codings above. Will have to practice.

kdgn,wanted to say "hi" to you

Pitty, have you retired yet? I just can't remember

dmod, it will be fun to cook in your new kitchen. Maybe make some new traditions.

My neighbors invited me over for Thanksgiving. Who wants to drive in all that traffic?
Have a good weekend

Spoiler
Heart
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Oceanjade, so glad you found your way back here!  Looks like you did fine posting.  And so glad to see you.  You can always fire up the ole broom and fly down here for Thanksgiving.  I will set a place at the table for you!

Yes, I retired at the end of the academic year in 2017 which was in May.  Hard to believe it has been more than 2 years now.  The time has really flown by quickly.  I worried about retiring early.  Struggled with what I might do with my time since I was so used to going full blast all of the time.  LOL!  And now I am so glad I did.  Have not regretted it for one single second!

@dmod, I am fixing Thanksgiving dinner here.  We should have a pretty good crowd here, I think.  We call it dressing here.  Everyone in both my mother and father's family always called it dressing.  I went out with a group of close girl friends this past Thursday evening for dinner.  On the menu was "turkey and dressing".  So we all started talking about what everyone calls it.  All but one called it dressing.  And the one that called it stuffing came from a family that ended up here from Chicago.  

I honestly think it is really interesting how various foods and what we call different food items is different according to different regions.  I remember asking you years ago what in the world "broccoli rabe" was (I think that is how you spell it, lol).  Never heard of it.  And then Puppy had never had a hush puppy.  Too funny!  Love how years ago people made dishes according to what was on hand and how that has influenced the foods we have today.

We have started watching season 2 of Jack Ryan on Netflix.  DH and I really liked season 1 and we have been patiently waiting for season 2.  I tend to watch more TV during fall and winter months.  

@kdgn, hope you are keeping everything under control out there on the west coast.  Bet little man is getting excited about Christmas.  I can't remember if your parents are buried in a veteran's cemetery or the veteran section of a cemetery....just wondering if Wreaths Across America places wreaths on the graves in the cemetery where they are.  I knew the date they are placing the wreaths, but totally forgot exactly when in December it is this year.  

Well, guess I should think about getting busy.  I plan on making the cornbread for the cornbread "dressing" today.  Need to make it so I can make the dressing tomorrow.  When I am organized (and that is not often at all, I can tell ya) I make the dressing ahead of time and freeze it.  Then I can take it out of the freezer the night before, put in the fridge, & it is ready to go in the oven whenever on turkey day.  

Hope Moons is busy keeping everyone in line and straight out there.  Sure miss hearing from her and how her grans are doing!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Pitty and Donna, thank you much for your post on the thread about my little grandgirls, having autism.  I needed to read that, and it came at a good time. They haven't started pre school yet, but gosh, twice a week PT and OT, and they are only 3!  So much for having a nice childhood!  They make them grow up so fast! The girls are great  putting puzzles together! they love puzzles. They are so smart! They even like to put words together and say what they are!  I've been sick all week with a bad cold, so haven't been there for a long time. Anxious to see them again on Tuesday, I go there about 3 or 4 days a week. Linus too.

I accendentally clicked on the beginning of this thread, there was Puppy! Brought a tear to my eye.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@dmod ----------JON BON JOVI WILL BE ON CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING ANY MINUTE NOW. (JANE PAULEY BETWEEN NOW AND 10:30)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

@dmod ----------JON BON JOVI WILL BE ON CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING ANY MINUTE NOW. (JANE PAULEY BETWEEN NOW AND 10:30)

Hi @Keybra  welcome. Smiley Happy  Thank you for thinking of me.  I dvred it!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@gloriajean, I am sure the twins are absolutely adorable!  And they are very fortunate to have you all in their lives.  Donna is much more the expert on this than I am, I just now our "adopted grandson" is absolutely wonderful and we feel blessed to have him in our lives.  As I stated, I know his mother worked very hard with early educators and other resources and it was well worth the effort, because of the young lad he is today!

Donna, guess you will now be busy watching JBJ.LOL!!    I see you cooking away as you are "jamming" to the music. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  We are all very blessed to have so much to be thankful for and good people in our lives. 

Safe journey  for anyone traveling.  

pitty, I remember our food conversations well. lol  I am learning about local food recipes, items and foods in this area now.   Yes, I danced and sang my way through prepping dinner . LOL   

I'll be back over the weekend to check in. 

I've been keeping up reading  this thread. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thanksgiving from our home to yours