Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Sent moons an email. I'm concerned she has not checked in today.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Regular Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Waving to all housemates,

I'm currently in the process of typing a post....and am trying the copy feature again, along the way....so it should be posted by midnight!..."See" you all then! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2014 dmod nj said:

Sent moons an email. I'm concerned she has not checked in today.

Thanks Donna, I'm worried too after her fall.

Super Contributor

donna - no, Moons didn't mention the chiro this weekend that I remember. Do you happen to have her phone #, or her DD's? I haven't seen her post on FB today, either.

Respected Contributor

I am worried about Moons as well, especially since she did take a tumble yesterday. Fingers crossed she is okay.

Donna, glad P is back and E is almost home. I bet P was very popular arriving back with all of those goodies. When I was in college, I had a roommate whose mother was Japanese. When I would give J. a ride home for the weekend, her mother would insist that I come in for dinner. I have to tell you that was some of the best food! Then her Mom would make this huge container of fried rice and send it back to the dorm with J. There were always people hanging around waiting for J to get back with the fried rice. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And J's Mom is the one that taught me to make fried rice. Ahh....those were the days......

kdgn, the couch is similar to If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It was the couch and chairs in the family room in the basement that we lost due to water damage. But I decided if I was going to have to buy new furniture, I would rather buy new furniture for the family room upstairs and take what we have upstairs down to the basement. But then I thought about maybe I should paint the room and if I do, do I change the color? Then what color of couch would I want. I decided to go with a neutral color for the couch and now I can't really find anything that I really like. LOL! Round and round the mulberry bush we go!!! And no need to be leary of talking about the temps out there....I can at least sit back and think of traveling out your way!! No need for us all to be miserable. Someone needs to not be a frozen icicle in the house to take care of the rest of us!

Puppy, our first dog was like that. He was on the smaller side ( a mix of English setter and Fox terrier!!!) but he did not like being in the house at all. I so wanted a house dog, but Sam was just not gonna have it. lol When the weather would be cold or severe weather in the spring/summer.....I would have to drag him inside the house. And if he was going to be in the house, he was more content downstairs in the basement. I remember one time when I was home alone and the tornado sirens were going off, I was out in the yard trying to cajole and corner him to get him in the house. I think the tornado warning expired before I ever got him inside. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I deserve combat pay for going to the grocery today! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Oh my word, what a mess! But now I have enough groceries to feed an army. I plan on getting Mom tomorrow morning and bringing her here to stay with us. I just worry about her power going out or if she needed me quickly and the car won't start....a million things go through my mind. And I am betting there will be no school Monday for Pumpkin. Wish I could say the same for me. lol I am so hoping the University cancels classes....but I am not gonna hold my breath. At any rate, we are ready to hunker down.

Ocean, hope you are staying warm. I am so glad that Mr. Ocean is in a facility where they do dialysis and you don't have to worry with getting him to the dialysis center with those brutal temps that are coming.

Me, hope you are okay. Take your time posting. Do a little Irish Jig. You may need those snowshoe lessons after all. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Just spoke with Moonsie. She is fine.

Busy morning, nap and busy afternoon.

She didn't realize, until just a little while ago, she had not checked in.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Regular Contributor

Hi Housemates,

Wow...a frigid Winter for sure this year!...I do have to admit that I love a beautiful fresh-fallen snow....soft and fluffy like this storm....only problem is that I couldn't make any snowballs to throw at kdgn out there in California...LOL...will get you next time, kdgn! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Today was sunny and gorgeous...a balmy 30...so, after filling our birdfeeders, I took a refreshing long walk in the snow....was thinking that my girlfriend and I should have bought those snowshoes after all, but my high boots were just fine....Lots of people out enjoying!

donna....Did you see my Irish Jig, as requested, when the New Year came in?...I was hoping that George (from Celtic Thunder)....he's my favorite....I love manly-men....will leave the manly-boys to others....LOL....anyhow, was hoping that he would show up and join me in his kilt, but my fantasy didn't come to reality...sigh

I see that "your men" hit the road today to take P back to college....a great travel day for them....I bet Jersey is suffering from separation anxiety again, as well as you....LOL....must take a while to adjust back to normal after P's visits.

Moons....OMG, I'm so relieved that you are okay after your fall....sounds like "Buttercup" got a little wild on you...LOL...I do hope that you were checked out thoroughly...You said that you bumped your head, so I just want to mention to watch for any signs of a concussion...Also, I would love to have the recipe for your "mixed berry crumble"...one of the dishes that you included in your Christmas brunch.....everything sounded so delicious!

kdgn....How is your Pup doing?....I saw where he had to have a polyp removed....good to do before any problems develop in the future.....I also have to mention to you that my husband and I have been to California a couple of times and traveled down the beautiful coastline....stopping off at various places here and there.....One of our highlights was driving through the Mojave Desert to Las Vegas....Some people thought we were nuts but, being from the East Coast, we had never experiened a desert, so we were feeling very adventurous....It was amazing to see a trailer here and there and a general store....right in the middle of nowhere.....so isolated....It was quite an experience for us.

Puppy...Your story about Zoe just touched my heart so....With your loving care and patience, she will gradually begin to realize that she has found a forever, loving and secure home with you...How long have you had her?

oceanjade....Good to see you posting....So sorry that you and DH are going through such a difficult time....sounds like it has been challenging for you for quite a while....I sure do hope that DH can come back home real soon....best therapy of all!.....I see that you also have a "Shadow" in your life....along with Merlin....Did I read correctly that they both get into the toaster oven?....LOL....How do they get in and how do they fit?....My Shadow doesn't get up on our kitchen counters, thank goodness, and I can't imagine walking into my kitchen and seeing her curled up in my crockpot, for example....LOL...One of her things is that she loves to curl up in the bathroom sinks and then I have to turn the water on to a dribble so that she can drink from the faucet and then she will also proceed to use the water to wash herself...too precious...They add such love and warmth to our homes.

pitty....Too cute about your having to be careful where you place your furniture as to not block Pumpkin's hot rod car route....LOL...Reminds me of one of my nieces who used to have most of her furniture placed against the walls, so that her wee ones could have a lot of open space to run around....I love to decorate so, when I was visiting her one time, I mentioned to her that she could have her furniture "floating" and it would make for a more cozy conversation area....and it would also leave plenty of open space behind the furniture for her wee ones...So, we all started to move the furniture around and it came out great....only problem was that her husband had been relaxing in the sectional with the remote, so he had to move....LOL

Okay, I've been trying to keep this short so as to not lose it....I've been copying it as I go along, so I sure hope that it works out okay this time....as last time I still lost everything I posted....have no idea where the copies went to?

Here goes.....

Honored Contributor

pitty, having Mom over will give you peace of mind. It's one big, multigenerational party at your house. Please stay safe and cozy. I will call the university and tell them you are not coming in!! How long a commute do you have? I can just picture all the hub-bub around the food!!! The boys told E to give me a hug from each of them! They were so appreciative of all the stuff we sent up. There are two boys on their own.........in every way. So, they really do appreciate all the extras given to them. LOL @ the combat pay comment. You so nailed it!!!

Me, of course I saw the jig!! You looked like a pro!! lol Yep, it take a bit of an adjustment when P leaves for all of us. Jersey, every once in a while, goes to the back door......the door they left from...........waiting for them to reappear. Hubby should be home in about an hour. She'll be THRILLED to see him. Any plans for tomorrow?

All day long, it felt like a Sunday. I don't know why..............

Rangers ahead 3-0 in the 2nd!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Let's hope I am smiling at the end of the game.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone make any resolutions for the new year?

Honored Contributor

E is home.