Super Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

donna - will E stay overnight tomorrow night? I know that it is a very long drive under normal conditions. (Make him take a bag. And the emergency winter stuff he is supposed to carry in his car.) This takes me back to DH, and DS on their hockey trips. Before cell phones!! Oy.

Respected Contributor

Pitty checking in here. Puppy, I am not a popsicle yet. lol It is 18 degrees here right now. Actually it was a tad bit better today than yesterday because it has not been as windy today. We go into the real deep freeze Sunday night with subzero lows. Rain turning to snow on Sunday as well.

We have a fireplace here with a wood burning insert. I have not allowed a fire in that stove for a couple of years now because DH's testosterone gets going and he starts reliving his Boy Scout/Army days of building a fire from kindling. Next thing you know, there is a rip roaring fire going and with that stove insert....I am opening the windows and cursing DH! It might be different if he would tone it down a little, that thing puts out the heat from just a small fire.

Puppy so sorry about the goose. Poor thing. I would imagine if it was wild....it would be off with its gaggle (is that the right term?) and well south of you.

Moons, I am so glad you are okay!! Thank goodness you keep your cell phone on you and you can call EMS. You might be sore tomorrow, so take be careful tomorrow. Sending you a hulky helper to massage those sore muscles.

kdgn, if I can get any lift and fly on my broom with a well insulated down coat, you might here me land in your yard shortly! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} You take it easy as well young lady! Honestly, tripping over a dog can cause horrible falls and it is a real scare for both human and canine! I just get a kick out of reading about P and the laundry. That evil washing machine! Kota attacks the vacuum cleaner.

Donna, safe travels to the men tomorrow. I sure hope they have an uneventful trip. If you are short any cookies or goodies from P's goody bag....I confess. I bet Jersey will miss P and P will probably miss Mom's cooking!

Ocean, too funny that Shadow has now learned Merlin's tricks. Well maybe not so funny, but it is cute! I am glad you located the source of the big bangs, but I hope nothing is wrong obviously with the anything. You have enough on your plate. And having to deal with the weather to boot!

BTW....my previous post I meant to say "that would NOT be me". I can't claim to be musically talented at all. I did take piano lessons and can play some. But talented, no way. Reminds me I need to have our piano tuned. Can't remember the last time I had the guy here to have the piano tuned. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I got busy taking care of Dad and now taking care of Mom, I tend to forget things like this. It just falls off of my radar.

I hope everyone stays warm tonight and I will be await word that the dmod men made it to their destination safely and that E gets back home safely as well.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Super Contributor

Pitty - this goose is pure white, and not shy of humans at all. And yes, the smart wild geese left town months ago. Your DH sounds like quite a fire danger. LOL. Maybe you should board the FP up, and push a couch in front of it. Did you ever find a new couch, btw?

We are getting wind powered ice pellets right now. Just lovely.

Respected Contributor

Puppy, LOL about Mr. Pitty! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} He really does get carried away with building those fires in that stove! He just tends to forget how much the wood burning stove works and how much heat it will put out. One time I put one of those Duraflame logs in there just to show him how much heat would come from one little log. His only comment? "Well, that's not a real fire, that's not even a real piece of wood". {#emotions_dlg.blink} Yeah, so what do you think mucho grande logs of wood do? LOL!

Still haven't picked out a couch yet. Can't find one that I really like yet. I must be really picky. lol I had really planned on going to a few more furniture places yesterday and today, but the funeral yesterday prevented that which also meant that everything I had on the never ending list grew longer, so I had to take care of those things today.

There isn't any furniture in front of the fireplace and with the stove insert in the fireplace, there really isn't that much cold air that comes into the room since so I don't worry about it. Plus there is a hearth and that is a very important roadway for Pumpkin's Hot Wheel cars. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Morning from sunny, blue, COLD Jersey.

We are up to a balmy 4 degrees as I type this.

My men left a little after 9. I knew they would never get out on time. They run on their own time..........not the normal time we all run on. Thank goodness for work and school, they have it together.

E packed a bag just in case. That was done at my insistence, aka, nagging. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

P is going back with enough food and supplies to last a while.

Thank you all for your kind travel wishes. I'll keep you updated.

pitty, E wants a fire pit for the backyard. I said NO for the same reason you don't want your hubby using the fireplace. {#emotions_dlg.scared} What is it with men and fire? lol lol

Jersey and I have laundry to do. Give me your things, I'll put them in with mine.

We are also doing some piddly things around the house.

Let's have some cookies and a hot drink for breakfast. Smiley Happy {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Respected Contributor

I'm leery of telling you our morning temps, 41, about 20 degrees higher than what we've been having during Dec. High of 69 expected. Unusual to say the least!

My MIL and FIL had a fireplace in their family room. MIL and one SIL were always cold; everyone who built a fire must have been on testosterone overload! We would go over for the Sat night poker game and I'd want to be in summer attire because of the blazing heat. Fortunately poker was played in another room.....A friend has a fire pit off their back patio and it's like a Boy Scout overnighter. That's what I like about our gas fireplace: it's all set up and no huge bonfires can happen. I've already nixed a fire pit. Bought him a portable electric heat thingy instead.

I hope Moons isn't feeling any effects from her tumble today! Ocean, hope you are staying in and staying warm. Same with Puppy, Pitty and Donna! Wow, I saw the map with the windchill figures again this morning-stunningly scary. Those "feels like" numbers are way beyond my reality.

Pit- When we moved here there were a lonely 3 furniture stores in the area. We have more now but back then trying to find anything was a chore. I'd like to get rid of our living room sofas and replace them with one sofa and two wingback chairs. I haven't broached the subject yet....considering we never use the room it really seems pointless. I sympathize with your couch efforts.....

I ironed for an hour last night, still have a few things left so toss your stuff my way. But then an iron generates heat and some of you might like that for yourself! Wrapping up the decorations and boxing them is the big agenda item today. I've got them organized and that's a step in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

kdgn, lol perfect description.... Boys Scout overnighter, aka, inferno. lollol

My men are making great time. Roads are dry!

They are checking in often.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Super Contributor

It is a testosterone thing. My DH was beyond thrilled that our lake home had a fire ring built in the clearing above the dock. He was more excited about that than the electric boat lift!!

donna - the roads are dry? Amazing.

We are deceivingly warm today. 13 degrees. Once the wind switches the temps will plummet. I remember years ago my DBIL struggling to get his malamute into the house during an arctic blast. You would think he was dragging the dog into the gas chamber. The dog just panicked in the house. Pacing, and howling. And panting like it had run a race. They finally got it down to the basement where it was cooler.

Moons - where are you? Did you eject yourself out of Buttercup again? I hope you aren't hurting today. Please report in.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

My men are stopping for lunch at a favorite place. They are making great time.

Puppy, my roads are dry here too. No problems today. When it warms up tomorrow, the snow will melt, and then they may get wet.

Temps are around 22....sun is shining. Not bad out at all. No wind, either.

Did Moons have a chiro apt????

Honored Contributor

E is about halfway home.

P was greeted with cheers for all the food and supplies he came back with. loll ol

Jersey and I are going to watch the Rangers game together and wait for E.