Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Moons, yes, my men are leaving for Boston tomorrow morning. P is getting updates from his housemates. I've been looking at the highway cameras along the route and in Boston. Roads are cleared and many cars are on the road. I-78 is horrible.

Puppy, temps are supposed to be normal by Sunday. So far, they are calling for rain. We'll see...........

Wind has picked up. The sky is blue, sun is out and it is brutal. Puppy, I can't imagine what it is like near you.

I'm going to have some soup.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Respected Contributor

You all are more than welcome to park your brooms here-it's almost 50, sunny and no wind. It was 22 earlier but that's a heat wave compared to what many of you are experiencing! Our friends made it into Chicago, were at the graduation ceremony, but whether or not they'll be able to get out of Chicago as planned is a whole 'nuther story- And whether their son can even fly out to his new school station- Mother Nature always has the last laugh but we don't have to be laughing with her.

B decided it was morning so I must be doing the laundry so he refused to come in for over an hour. I threw him off doing laundry yesterday so this intelligent boy has decided every day is laundry day. He nailed the time too-exactly when I started yesterday. I guess it might be time to discuss anti-anxiety meds with the vet again......

I have a friend that lives outside of Boston, works in the city. She's working from home today and has already had to shovel a path for her 'girls' to do their business. She put up a photo on FB and it looks like a lot of snow-but she said it's light and fluffy, the kind her girls would sink in. It looked like over a foot-

We have a fireplace, converted it from wood burning to natural gas. Well, the option was there from the beginning but I wasn't going to have the mess of wood. Sitting in front of it is hot, move away and I don't notice the warmth at all. We use it maybe twice a year.

Valued Contributor

Well, we got about a foot of snow with lots of snowdrifts....I have gone out to sweep the porch or shovel the walkway and within minutes, it is covered with blowing snow. Chill factor is minus 12. Tomorrow the high will be 20 which is a 'heat wave'. Every year, when I complain about the heat and humidity (which I hate more than the cold), I say I'll never complain about the cold again but comes winter.......and I complain{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

There is a fireplace in this house which has never been used since my parents bought this house about 25 years ago. My mother wanted a fireplace, but my father didn't (too much trouble) so here it sits....Never been cleaned out either. DH would like a gas insert but it's not high on our priority list. It is hard to put furniture in the living room because of this but there is a piece of furniture in front of it now. I'm sure cold air is coming in from that.

Moons, I'm impressed....you made a demo record? What kind of music? Ballad? Rock? Oh my, bagpipes{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}. That screeching. That sound gets on my nerves even if it is played well. I just can't imaging listening to someone learning on it{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Dmod, of course, enjoying to dance 'counts for something'...And I'm sure you dance with gusto.

Maybe because of my background is one reason I really dislike today's music. It seems like all the young singers just scream and and yell their music. Next to classical, I loved the folk music era...I love folk music but I did enjoy the Beatles and the music in the 60's.

Today a weird thing happened, I heard this LOUD noise coming from somewhere....I looked outside and thought they can't be doing construction.....but then it sounded like it was coming from the basement.....oh oh.....I followed the booming and it was coming from the new water tanks for the softening system which was installed last month. Water was going from the hose into the sink. It sounded like the tanks were going to burst.....I looked into the booklet and it talked about the tanks periodically 'regenerating'. Then it stopped. I have a call into the company make sure everything is ok. It was incredible.

Pup, DH can't wait for Downton Abbey to begin either!

Merlin is his usual self but Shadow has taken over all of Merlin's bad habits.....trying to get into the toaster oven, etc. He has learned from the bestWink

Honored Contributor

kdgn, so pleased to hear your friends were able to see the graduation. Smiley Happy Awwww, poor B. Why is they remember things we don't want them to, but other things.............nada!

ocean, it was cold even for me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Stay warm and safe. I hope your new system is ok. That sounds scary! I wonder if the extreme cold had anything to do with it? Keep us updated. Now both boys are naughty{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

My men have requested something Mexican for dinner. Gotta get that going..........

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Super Contributor

Please indulge me in my pity party.

I fell out of Buttercup this afternoon. I was leaning over to unplug the heating pad and out I went. Bumped my head but not severely. I called 911 told them my neighbors had the key. Then called the neighbors. Everyone was here in five minutes and I was up and back in Buttercup. I was more embarrassed than anything.

DD fell down four steps going into the subway today. She too felt embarrassed but then witnessed a huge man fall down the entire flight of twenty steps. His worst injury was also his pride.

Please don't do any falling. Any of you. Please.

Ocean, I guess it was a mixture of folk/rock? Please be careful of your back shoveling. I've heard it's light, fluffy snow but still.

One of those electric fireplaces was a Lunchtime Special today.

P.S. DXH never played his chanter at home.

Bon Voyage to Drummer Boy and his dad.

Super Contributor

Ocean - I hope you got your mystery solved? Could Merlin have hit the button? Usually regeneration is during the nighttime. (We had a system in our last house) That little stinker Shadow!! The toaster oven? My, my.

Moons - OMG - I am so glad you are ok. And DD, too. Are you sore? Did you get an abrasion on your head? No neuro symptoms? Falling is my biggest fear. I have fallen twice since moving here, and nothing broke. Since my house is on a cement pad, and I have osteoporosis I figured I must have broken something! But, no!! And neither time was on the carpeting.

Safe travels to E, and P. I know Aunt Bea will have packed them a feast.

Honored Contributor

OMG, Moonsie, are you sure you're ok? Thank goodness you and your daughter are ok.

(((((((gentle hugs)))))))) Please watch for any symptoms involving the bump on your head.

Thank you all for the good travel wishes for E and P. Everything is packed up and ready for the car in the morning.

Right now, my men are watching a movie together. Jersey and P are snuggled on the coach together.

I'm watching the Rangers play like a pee wee hockey team.{#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

donna - what a mess if you get rain Sunday. We have a mix of sleet, and snow coming at us right now. It is also very windy. What a winter this is already. It has slammed both of our areas hard. Our rescue took in a half frozen goose found wandering on a country road tonight. The foster mom who took her in has a duck, and a chicken in her barn too. The DNR told her to let nature take it's course. This is not a wild goose. It is obviously someone's pet. Humans!

Pitty - check in, please. Are you an popsicle?

Honored Contributor

Puppy, the more I hear from you about your work with the rescues and what I hear with my little work with a local rescue, the more I shake my head. I would like nature to take its course with some of the morons involved with these poor animals. Better yet, let me speed up nature's course.

Moons, time for some spankings..........and not the kind they may enjoy. Pitiful!

I'm going to read a bit before hitting the sack.

Sweet dreams, sleep well.

See you tomorrow after my men leave.

Thank you all for your emails and posts concerning their safe travels.

Tucking you in with a hug.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Good travel wishes for E and P-safe, clear roads and little traffic, to and from!

Moons, please watch yourself. I won't scold because I know how easily one can take a tumble. I almost went through the nightstand and window the other night, tripped over P when I didn't see him. I have got to watch where I'm going.....P was okay, his dignity was a little ruffled. I was more concerned with him than me. I'm glad the EMTs were so quick to get to you.

Stay warm folks. Mr. kdgn was telling me about being in N. Dakota one year when the temps were so low everything closed down, including the gas stations. The gas was freezing. It sounds like what some are now facing- Personally, I really can't begin to imagine anything that cold. I'm an ice cube when it's in the low teens.