Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Puppy, I am thinking when we get the basement finished again.......at some point.......we will put one down there. It will be set up differently now that P is an adult and don't need it in the same way as when we moved here.

My guest room is the coolest room of the house. I'm not sure why (we have great windows and insulation). So, when you come, bring warm pjs. Smiley Wink lol

Keep that fireplace going!!!

It is snowing now. Jersey wants to go and play in it. She is nutty. lol lol

Dinner was grilled before the snow started. I grilled steaks with our favorite rub, mashed potatoes and broccoli. P requested that meal.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Valued Contributor

I'm just chilled to the bone{#emotions_dlg.blink}.....And tomorrow will be worse (high of ONE degree and chill factor will be MINUS 18 degrees!! Needless to say, I'm not leaving the house again) PUP, how do you do it???......The snow keeps falling and falling. My neighbor came by three times and he said 'it just doesn't stop snowing'....I am so thankful that he is there. DH was disoriented with me not being there. He said when he woke up from a nap, he thought it was 5:30 AM and then was told his dinner was coming.

Pitty, you mentioned that you liked classical music too. I played classical piano, played flute in an orchestra (and even danced "en pointe" with my ballet (and worked backstage at an opera company with the New York City Ballet) See, we all have different past lives....lol....

Pup, I still can't believe how you can cope with such frigid temps. Hey, Dmod, this weather is for you{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.At the moment, kdgn, I envy you. It has to be warmer than this!

Moons, your snow levels don't seem horrendous BUT they are if you need to get someplace.

I feel so bad for the kitties and pups who are outside.....with or without a home. I hope they all find someplace to keep warm for the night.....

STAY WARM!!!

Super Contributor

Ocean - I don't venture out much these days, and I do plan it according to the forecast. It is Zoe I worry about, but she seems to be out only long enough to get the job done. I am always checking her foot pads to see if they are cold. I get so worried when I see FB postings of dogs that have run off in these terrible temps. Once in a while someone will post about a cat, but it is usually dogs. My foster group just took in a black lab the neighbors reported for being tied outside in these temps. He is a 6 month old small horse. LOL. He is so happy in his new foster home he is positively goofy. His legs are so long they are calling him "Stilts".

Music - I played the piano, flute, and E flat alto saxophone. Hated all of it. Rediscovered the piano in my 30's for pleasure. I was on the HS Danceline. Loved that!! Nothing grand like you, and the NYC Ballet. It was more like a dancing cheerleader thing. Anyway, the music I love now is Il Divo. They are 4 very talented young men who are from 4 different countries.

Valued Contributor

Pup, that poor black lab. I'm glad someone found him.

You are quite musical too, Pup.Smile

I love Il Divo. I have all their CD' s.

Where is everyone? Maybe they are still shoveling....

Goodnight all. Sleep well.

Super Contributor

Ocean - how would you like Il Divo to perform on Downton Abbey? OMG!! Let's write to the producers!! Can't wait for SUNDAY!!

Honored Contributor

ocean, wow!! What an exciting life you've led. You must tell us more!!!

Puppy, glad the dog was rescued. W.T. %^&*( is wrong with people? {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I have NO musical ability at all. I sing in the key of me. I played the violin in grammar school. Well.............I faked it. I had no idea what I was doing. My bf, L, got me into it. We did everything together. My brother got all the musical talent! He has a beautiful singing voice and played an instrument for YEARS. He has sung with semi-professional groups.

I like to dance. Does that count for something? LOL Cue the disco ball...........watch me dance. LOL LOL

Stay warm and cozy.

Sleep well, sweet dreams.

See you in the morning.

Extra blankets are available.

Respected Contributor

See we have all kinds of musically talented people here in the house. Although, I would consider myself one of them. lol Gee Ocean you performed "en pointe" with ballet?!! The only thing I would be able to do with ballet is perform "en rear end"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I think I have finally warmed up a tad. I am a wimp compared to you all. The wind chill today was 7 and I shivered and shivered out there today. My teeth were actually chattering at the grave side service. I took a nice warm bath after supper tonight and I think I am finally warm. lol I wouldn't survive in Puppy's temperatures.

Ocean, I am so glad your neighbor is helping clear the snow. I hope you are able to get a little rest since you didn't have to travel today. How has Merlin been lately?

kdgn, if you keep thinking it was Sunday....can we officially roll the clock back to make this Monday? I could use a few more days this week. Dogs can sometimes have long memories. Seems like the washing machine made an ever lasting impression! That is serious business to turn down bacon! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Moons, I will help put the groceries up.

We have a fireplace and we may just use it here shortly. Looks like we will be in the deep freeze along with a good portion of the country at the beginning of the week. I will probably need a snowsuit to go to work Tuesday morning. You know like they make for infants and toddlers? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Donna, glad E will be working from home. That way we don't have to worry about him being out in the bad weather. Plus, I guess he is glad as well. I haven't put up the Christmas decorations yet, I am envious of you!

Puppy, little Zoe needs her puffer jacket, a scarf, and some booties in the temps you all are experiencing. DS played the alto sax. I remember when he was first learning to play, it sounded like a sick cow in the house. I am relieved that he did improve significantly with practice. Pshew. I can't describe what it was like while he was learning to play the bagpipes.

Sleep well ladies...stay warm, and may you have visions of sweet, warm sugarplums in your dreams!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Morning from snowy, COLD Jersey.

It has stopped snowing. Winds here are very light, right now.

We got about 8 inches??? Not sure. E shoveled a path for the pup, and he thought it was less than expected.

Temps are 9, feels like -4. It will only get worse overnight. My area is expected to go below zero temps.

Jersey LOVES it out there. She is a crazy pup!! LOL LOL She could not get enough of the snow. lol lol

NJ is in a state of emergency.

NY city schools are closed. They are rarely closed.

Long Island, NY is getting hit hard with snow and blizzard conditions. E works with some peeps who live on there. The LIE was closed. That rarely happens.

I'm making some hot breakfast for E and me. P is still sleeping.

Who wants to join us for breakfast?

What is going on in your neck of the woods?

Anything planned for today? Today is pack P up to go back to school day.

Please check in. So many of us are in the deep freeze with ungodly temps.

Super Contributor

Good morning Houseketeers!

Except for Kdgn I think we're all frozen. K, please send some warmth east! My furnace has been pumping like crazy -- thank goodness!

I think we have about 6" or 7" of snow. NYC has more. That doesn't happen very often.

Seriously Pitty, I think you may be as cold as we are. So DS played the sax and bagpipes? DXH took up the bagpipes because it was another excuse to drink or so he figured. He never got past the chanter.

Ocean, I had no idea you had all those talents and kept them well hidden from us! I'm messed up with the days too. That's what happens when the holidays come mid-week.

Donna, your boys are taking off later this weekend? I think Boston is still getting clobbered. Jersey is a crazy pup! Those winters of '94 and '96 were awful. I was commuting via car (not very far) and by the time the interior warmed up I'd be at my destination. That's when I-78 was a sheet of ice.

If there's a hel*l it's not hot, it's COLD.

Yes, Pupcake, don't know how you do it. Hope you and Zoe are doing a lot of snuggling.

I don't have a fireplace. We had one in our house and it let in a lot of cold air if there wasn't a fire going.

I took piano lessons for five years and wasn't good at all but I did teach myself to play the guitar. I wrote songs and made a demo record when I was 14, but my family decided they didn't want me to become a 'child star' so it was never pursued.

I have two orders so I have to get cracking.

Stay warm, my lovelies.

Super Contributor

Moons - yes, the older wood burning fireplaces were awful that way because of the chimney. The newer gas ones don't even have a chimney. All I have is a little vent out the back of it which is closed when not in use. My dad's FP was terrible that way, and he sealed it off. I could never handle the mess of wood anyway. DD bought one of the fake fireplaces from QVC, and it is great too. Cool to the touch, and throws nice heat.

Pitty - I heard that dreaded word for you - ICE!! Yikes. Be careful out there.

Ocean - are you buried in snow? I think you got a lot.

donna - you have another snow storm coming Sunday!

kdgn - we are all going to get on our brooms, and invite ourselves to your house!!