Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Morning from cold, grey Jersey.

It feels like snow! YUCK. Six to ten inches expected from one news station; eight to twelve inches from another.

Snowing already at our sissy's house Indiana. Smiley Sad She posted pics on FB.

pitty, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Be safe while traveling today.

ocean, single digits and LOTS of snow coming your way. Please be careful if you go out.

Moons, how are you feeling today?

kdgn, are your decorations down?

Me, are you ready for the snow? I know you are a Yorkie girl, but are you upstate or downstate? Sorry, I don't remember if you already told me.

Puppy, the temps, I saw this morning on GMA, in your area are ungodly. Zoe needs a puffer coat on top of her puffer coat. My girl will be wearing her puffer coat tomorrow. The temps are plummeting here.

Throwing some laundry in.......give me your stuff. I'll be happy to do it.

What are you doing today?

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Super Contributor

Good morning Houseketeers!

Pitty, thanks for the extra bold coffee. I need it! So sorry you have a funeral of a friend to attend today. Sending my condolences. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your break though.

Expecting groceries this morning. Who wants to help put them where they belong?

Pupcake, glad you're back in the tropics. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Of course little Zoe is the luckiest pup with you as her rescuer.

Donna, I'm only due for 3"-5" of snow. That's the last time I looked. Could be different by now. Safe travels to Mr. Donna and Drummer Boy.

Ocean, hoping you're not snowed in and that you travel safely.

Waving to Me, Kdgn and missing Houseketeers! Stay warm and if you must travel in bad weather, please be careful!

Super Contributor

Donna, you snuck in under me!

We're expecting 4 -6 inches of the white stuff. Hardly a big snowfall but peeps insist on getting hysterical.

Oh well.

Be safe.

Valued Contributor

Boy, is the snow coming down heavily. My neighbor plowed the driveway earlier this morning and then it was covered. I shoveled a narrow path for the mail carrier and you can't even see that I did it! We will easily get a foot in my opinion. Needless to say, I'm not going to nh today which feels strange. DH and I already spoke a couple of times.

Be careful out there........BBL.

Super Contributor

Ocean, and donna - stay indoors, and safe. Moons, watch from the window. Boy, this has been a busy winter already! Our next arctic blast is supposed to be the worst since 1996. Just hope all our furnaces can keep up.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Getting back to "normal" around here. I am packing up treats/cookies/etc for the boys in Boston.

Not snowing here, but it feels like snow.....grey.....raw....yuck!

ocean, I'm glad you are staying put.

Puppy, I heard that over 80% of the country will be in the deep freeze with temps not seen since 1996. Jersey had two days of a state of emergency. I remember, because it was the last winter I worked. I was so glad to be home with P and not have that horrible commute.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Respected Contributor

Ocean and Donna- Stay inside, stay warm and just admire the beauty of the snow. Puppy, you and Zoe just stay warm!

It's a golf day so I can get some things done. He must think I loaf all day while he's at work..... I was going around yesterday like it was Sunday for some reason. That's exactly what day I thought it was, too. This has been a weird two weeks. I had the washing machine going yesterday morning, he let the dogs out and B refused to come back in for over an hour. Nothing enticed him: not the words bacon, sausage, treats. I stopped doing laundry so he wouldn't hear anything from the slider and that didn't work either. He finally came in on his own. The last time I did the laundry a terry cloth robe knocked the washer completely off kilter and really thumped. He has a long memory-

Dinner last night was glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, black eyed peas; dessert was chocolate silk pie. I didn't make the pie, Claim Jumpers did. The ham was a bone-in, spiral cut. I think the bone was 3 of the 5 pounds!

Any of you have fireplaces to add to your warmth?? We have friends who were to fly into Chicago today for their son's graduation ceremony tomorrow. I hope they make it-and I saw the temperatures so I know those desert dwellers will be frozen.

Super Contributor

kdgn - I have a fireplace!! Yes, I use it every day. When I lived down south my parents came for the holidays. Mom loved to call black eyed peas "cross eyed Susans". I have no idea where she came up with that, but they thought it was hysterical. No one liked them. (or maybe it was my preparation?) Your friends may be delayed due to plane deicing procedures. And I know what you mean about not knowing what day it is. These mid week holidays have me all messed up, too. We have gorgeous sunshine, and 2 degrees. LOL.

Honored Contributor

kdgn, I felt like it was a Sunday all day yesterday too. Awww, poor B. I wish there was some way for our pups to understand. I feel so bad when they are out of sorts with no way to understand all is ok. I LOVE scalloped potatoes. I don't think I've met a spud I didn't like. This house does not have a fireplace nor an area in the living room I can put one. I live in a small home. If my basement is finished AGAIN at some point, I will put a portable one in. My previous home had a fire place in the family room, and we used it OFTEN. I miss one in this house. Safe travels to your friends.

ocean, thinking of you. Check in. How much snow do you have now?

Super Contributor

donna - DD bought a really cute fake fireplace from QVC. For some reason their basement family room is chilly, and that made all the difference. The heater stays cool to the touch, too. Keep us posted on the snowstorm. You too, Ocean!!

This is the first winter my office is chilly. It is also the coldest winter since I moved here. This room is the farthest from the furnace if that means anything. (Probably does) I dread that next blast of cold. This is bad enough. I finally gave in and ordered a down puffer jacket from LL Bean. They offer petite, and a lifetime guarantee, and their post Christmas sale is on now. It's all good.