Super Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Good morning Houseketeers!

Kdgn, good luck to you and pupster at the vet's. I'll be thinking of you and also that sock! Yikes!

I made it half way through last night's Downton Abbey and then turned it off and went to sleep because I had to be up early to greet the new cleaning chick. She's here now. Been a while since I just had one chickie. No worries about the show, though. It's been recorded by the DVR so I'll watch it later. What I saw was good but who is this "Susie" they're referring to who has run off with just a good-bye letter? O'Brien is gone -- did they mention her disappearance?

Pitty, you are just too good. I hope something was recording D.A. for you. I think we have your weather this morning. It's 54 and pouring rain and the temps are set to plunge.

Ocean, travel safely. Always thinking about you and Mr. O. How is HRM these days?

Me, you're entitled to chillax and read your mags and catalogs. Sorry that I don't get any advance notice about cousin's meetings with RR. I only hear about them waaaaaay after the fact from her mom.

Donna, are you ready for tonight's game? Let's hope the boys are. How is Jersey?

Pupcake, does that mean you have brownies and cupcakes for me? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I saw that movie with Jessica Lange many years ago. She was nominated for Best Actress for playing Frances and also nominated for her role in "Tootsie" for Best Supporting Actress for which she won. I've always thought she was talented. I heard she and Sam had split. I think that was right after he got a DUI if I recall. Obviously that town spawns a lot of good looking and talented women!

Okay. Off I go. Stay warm, everyone, and have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Just got an update on the pup at the ER vet. He did his business, a large amount, more x-rays and the colon is clear. No sock. It was, um, poo. But there is a spot on his back they are concerned about so he stayed overnight again due to pain level. His owner has jury duty today, will pick him up tonight and will get a better idea of what's going on with her boy. These guys do have longish backs and that can and does present problems.

Now I have to trick one boy into going into the bedroom while grabbing the other boy for his harness. They have become smarter than me......

Honored Contributor

Morning,

Warm temps right now......dropping like lead today, tonight into tomorrow.

The rain has stopped. The sun is out. This has been wacky weather the last 24 hours.

E and I went out very early this morning for eye exams. My vision is 20/25. I am using otc reading glasses, +1.50. Both our eyes are healthy!!

P started classes today. He called this morning about a B&N gift card and using it in the bookstore. Some of his books are cheaper elsewhere, so he is going that route. He can download certain books needed, as well.

I'm making several phone calls this morning. So far, it has been drama-free!!

kdgn, good luck this morning with your pups. Yes, my girls have always been smarter than I will ever be. lol lol Relieved to hear the news about the pup and the sock. Sending good thoughts for the next issue, the spot on the back. We're with you, at the vets', holding your hand. Keep us updated.

Moons, I am ready for the game!! I "spoke" with our boys and they assured me they will play like they did the other night!! Dubinsky and other former Rangers are with the BJ. Should be a fun game. JD is with the BJ as well. I miss his color commentary.

E is working from home today. Smiley Happy

Jersey is tuckered out after playing with me. She is asleep under the dining room table.

I'm making some soup with leftover veggies (carrots, potatoes, onions and zucchini are roasting in the oven right now), adding some spinach, peas, leftover rice and chicken. Hope it turns out well.

What is everyone doing today?

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Respected Contributor

0 degrees here with windchill of -23. It is just a tad bit chilly. Winds are howling at times. Just hope those winds don't take down any of our power lines. I heard our neighbor's trash cans blowing all over the place through the night. We got very little snow, but roads did freeze due the rain and then the cold temps moving in. We are toasty and warm in the house. I got up and fixed scrambled eggs and bacon. I can't remember the last time I did that. lol So at least everyone had a filling breakfast. Vegetable soup is going in the crock pot.

Kota spends no time at all outside, he does his business and right back in. He has his sweater on and I also took a towel and rubbed his paws as soon as he came in. Those little paws have to be cold! Our local humane shelters are volunteering to take any animals that are outside pets that for whatever reason the owners can't or won't let inside.

Mom is now watching her favorite TV show "The Price Is Right". lol BTW, I did get to watch Downton Abbey last night. Ball games were over so I finally got the TV. Since it was so cold and DH couldn't piddle around like he normally does, he sat there and watched it as well and got interested in the show! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Moons, wish I could answer your question, but I am new to Downton Abbey, so I don't know the answer. But I bet Puppy or Ocean will know. Get ready for the deep freeze to hit!

Donna, P is a smart young lad. I can't believe the cost of textbooks! Every semester I struggle over the choice of a textbook for a course and I usually try to research the cost that a student will have to pay. It is always a difficult choice. The book has to have the content needed for the course objectives as well as other materials, but then the cost to the student makes you stop in your tracks! Hope the phone calls continue to be drama free, that is always a good thing.

Puppy, hope you and Zoe don't have icicles hanging from your noses! Are there any cupcakes left?

Ocean, please be careful out there today.

kdgn, glad to hear that the one pup is better. I can just picture you trying to out trick the pup for the harness. lol They just seem to have a 6th sense at times like this. He knows that harness means bad things are ahead. Bless his heart. Hope the visit isn't too stressful on either one of you!

MMS, I may very well be asking for decorating advice....once it warms up a bit. For some reason I am conjuring up tropical colors. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

For those of you ready to plow into the downhill ride of the falling temps, please stay safe & warm. It is really something. This time yesterday I was out there without a coat and it was quite pleasant before the rain started.

Have a great day!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Pitty- Brrrrrrrr...... That's about all I can contribute besides hopes that the power stays on and you all stay warm inside.

Vet trip was uneventful. I got B in the bedroom easily, P was on the sofa in a light sleep. Score one for mom! We were about ten minutes early, first ones there so we were seen immediately. Blood was drawn, rear end checked and we'll be back on Wed. at 11:45. Guess he realized that P didn't need to be there at 8 for afternoon surgery and be exposed to whatever walked in the door over that 4 hour period. One vet tech asked if I had a cone for him so he wouldn't lick the stitches. Huh? Try and figure that one out: internal stitches and P has never been able to lick that location before. He's not going to magically be able to now. Yes, I will use a cone if it becomes necessary but it won't prevent scooting.....

Update on the 'sock that wasn't pup". Another vet saw him, must be a surgeon. She/he is pushing a neuro consult and surgery as in today. The dog is doing his business just fine, standing and walking okay. My friend will take all the medical records/x-rays and the dog to her own vet as soon as she can. Apparently that vet wasn't happy the dog was staying....he has a reputation of being very vocal at the vet. I can tell you 'very vocal' is the equivalent of shattering glass and eardrums.

Stay warm ladies-

Respected Contributor

kdgn, glad to hear the visit to the vet went off without problems. I have to laugh about the cone!! {#emotions_dlg.blink} Maybe the tech hadn't had the required amount of java for the day and wasn't thinking clearly! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Guess I should get on to something productive and get lunch going. I made the vegetable soup last night and it simmered in the crock pot all night. It should be more than ready for lunch!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

Don't know how well I can " write" this as DH is in dialysis.

Weather here like Dmod said....pouring rain in morn and temps are going to drop to below zero. And tomorrow she has to go by medivan for follow up at cardiologist. His wonderful cardio moved to Wyoming so we will be seeing this guy who mumbles....

Moons, O'Brien decided she wanted to leave the show so they said she wanted adventure and moved to India. Ask away..She didn't move to India..in real life but the character moved to India.

Pitty, DH loves the show which is funny because he never likes these kind of shows/movies. However, he wasn't able to stay awake, he said, and missed it. I taped it but who knows when he will be home to see it.

HTM has breast cancer and decided she wants "no treatment". She is very vague with me and a friend in Jersey so we really don't know much beyond that.....

Honored Contributor

pitty, P doesn't buy all the books necessary until he sees how the course is going. Some professors are not as thoughtful and considerate as you. There have been times when he bought what was required and not used at all.

kdgn, good news!! You were able to do what was necessary to get the pup out without trouble!! It's a good day in the kdgn house. Smiley Happy

ocean, stay safe as the temps drop. The sun is out, but temps are dropping. The wind is picking up too. Temps were near 60 at 6:00am. It is about 38 right now. I'm sorry to hear about HRM. Smiley Sad

Calls made, no drama and a lot accomplished!!

Waving hi to all who read this thread. Smiley Happy

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Respected Contributor

I have a vet appointment for B at 3. He was fine when I came home from the vet earlier, seemed to be reluctant to go in the bedroom when I left for Costco about two hours later. I thought it was because I was leaving. When I got home he was silent, no frantic bark greeting. I heard him scream from behind the gate. He's walking okay, has shown that his intestines work just fine, lifts his leg, but when I put his harness on to take him outside he shook his head/shoulders and screamed. Shook them again, screamed again. Then he walked on leash all over the back yard just fine. Shook his head/shoulders again without screams. Turned down treats. That's the clincher. This boy does not turn down treats.

Yeah, I'm worried. He'll have to be sedated with something if x-rays are needed. Not a clue what happened.....

Honored Contributor

Oh kdgn, I'm sorry to hear B is not himself. Something is not right. Better safe than sorry. ((((((((try not to worry too much)))))))) I know, easier said than done. Please keep us updated. I wish we lived closer, I would go with you for company. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Sending positive thoughts....hopefully, it is nothing serious and B will be taking treats tonight.