Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Dennis Yudich (@DennisYudich) | Twitter

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.   

All is fine in CNY.  We are healthy, thank goodness. 

The weather was unseasonably warm for a long while.  Now, it's unseasonably cold. We had some flurries. They were gone by the afternoon.     The mums did not make it through the freeze/flurries time period.     

I've still been volunteering.  I will be until early January.  I'm sure you all heard me breath a sigh of relief in early November. Smiley Wink 

I am getting a menu set for next week.  I do know we won't be having turkey.  The family doesn't care one way or the other.  Sides will be traditional...stuffing, potatoes, etc.  I'll do as much prep  and cooking done ahead of time as possible.   I want to relax as much as possible with the family.   

What are you plans for next Thursday?   

Jersey is doing well. She was recently groomed so she is ready for Turkey Day! 

I've been cooking up a storm and trying out new recipes.  The two recent hits were Thai meatballs and Chinese meatballs.  

Wegmans makes an apple cider bread with real apple pieces in the fall.   I'm not a big bread eater, but I've eaten SO MUCH of that bread this fall.   It's awesome toasted with butter. OMG!     I even loved it with the apple butter I made. 

Our trips to Lake Ontario were a lot of fun.   Lake Ontario is just stunning.  I've been to two of the Great Lakes.   I look forward to seeing all of them someday.    Will we ever be able to travel again?????  *sigh* 

I've been reading Carolyn Brown lately. Fun, light stories, as always.    

I'm so happy some of the network shows are back....Chicago trilogy, FBI and FBI Most Wanted.    

I've been watching DWTS.  I don't like Tara, so I fast forward through most of the show.  I miss Tom and Erin. 

I've been watching Filthy Rich.  I'm waiting to find out if it's been picked up for another season.  

HGTV has a bunch of new series I've enjoyed a lot. 

Have you found anything new/good to watch? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I have been watching DWTS too Donna.  Watching the finals right now.  lol  I haven't watched it in years, but alas 2020 is different.  lol

Donna, I will take the bread you don't want.  LOL!  I love bread!!  I bet that apple cider bread is awesome.  Even more so with that apple butter.  Yum.  I have had people call about that apple butter and want the recipe.  That was so much fun making it and dropping it off to different people.  

Are you not having turkey because of what is roaming around in your backyard and neighborhood?  lol  Speaking of Thanksgiving, I am not fixing Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in years.  Kids are adamant about us not getting together, which is absolutely fine.  DD is going to fix a small Thanksgiving dinner from them, turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, etc.  I told her I would make the "dressing" (lol).

I scheduled a couple of dental procedures for dental implants.  My dentist and I have had a ball laughing about this.  Since turkey day is going to be so different this year, I might as well not be able to really eat much!  lol  Wednesday will be the the biggest day and means I probably won't be chewing and eating much the next day.  So DD is going to prepare her dad a plate and drop it off.  At least he will get some turkey. I may be having applesauce.  DH has also been really good about it and said he would even just eat a peanut butter sandwich if necessary.  But DD will make sure he gets some turkey lol.  

Then depending on how transmission is moving in this area, we talked about having a big turkey dinner together sometime later.  We will see.  I am concerned about Christmas the way things are going around here.  Our new cases are through the roof, with the state setting records for hospitalizations and deaths routinely now.  So we may be having that Thanksgiving dinner for the 4th of July.  We all just want everyone to be well and make it through this and just try and have a good attitude to realize it is just one year.  

DD got me started on The Undoing with Nicole Kidman.  I have watched more TV lately since it gets dark so early and I don't have as much time to work outside or sit on the front porch.  I am also having fun trying a bunch of new recipes.   Can't remember if I posted this one or not, but Pumpkin loves this one:

Easy Taco Casserole 

Hope everyone is doing ok and hanging in there.  And I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving in case I don't make it back here before Thursday.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Wishes for Friends | Words of Gratitude

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Well the tree is up, we have wrapped some of the presents, Christmas cards are mailed, and Christmas goodies baked and delivered.

I am pooped.  LOL!  

We did go for a drive last evening and looked at Christmas lights and decorations in different neighborhoods.  I think due to the circumstances many people that don't usually put up Christmas lights have gone out full force this year.  Even our neighbors that haven't put up lights in the past have put up lights this year. 

It was really nice to ride around and look at all the decorations.  One of our local parks has also set up a huge Christmas light display so that you can drive through the park and look at all the displays.  This is the first year they have done this and I really hope they continue to keep it even after the word pandemic is not an every day word in our vocabulary.  

It is chilly/cold here with temps a little below average for us.  Great hot cocoa weather!  

Hope everyone is doing ok and hanging in there.  

Have a great day ladies!

Honored Contributor

happy Monday | Happy Monday Welcome The New Week With A Smile Pictures,  Photos, and ... | Happy monday quotes, Monday greetings, Monday morning  wishes

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

The weather has been chilly and damp and raw.  It's not been too cold, just really raw.   No snow!   I'm grateful! 

Like Pitty, it's beginning to look like Christmas at my home.  Tree is always last, so we are almost done with everything else. 

Our neighborhood looks like Pitty's.......many people are going all out with the lights and holiday spirit this year.  

Tomorrow, our cards will be delivered. We chose the picture of our fireplace all decorated to use this year. 

Jersey is doing fine and getting used to all the disruption of Xmas decorating. 

The other night, we watched Elf for the first time this holiday season.  I love that movie. 

What's for dinner tonight?   I'm making an Asian inspired soup.  I am using chicken broth, garlic, ginger, bok choy, ******ake mushrooms and pork wontons. 

Guess who put out a few new, original holiday songs?  My Jon. You can find them where you download music. 

Carrie Underwood's Xmas album is just beautiful.  She can sing anything!  She's so very talented, imo. 

My Giants have won 4 in a row. They are now 5-7. Each week, they have improved more and more.   They are a LONG way from a SB, but forward progress............................

Let's share a cup of cocoa and a cookie. 

Cup Of Delicious Hot Cocoa And Cookies On Wooden Background Stock Image -  Image of color, delicious: 150144769

Honored Contributor

Christmas Wednesday Quotes Pictures, Photos, Images, and Pics for Facebook,  Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Honored Contributor

Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah. 

This conveys my thoughts better than I ever could...

"Happy Hanukkah to all those celebrating around the world. This year has tested us all, but it's also clarified what really matters. May the lights of the menorah remind us to cherish the blessings we have and offer glimmers of hope."

Enjoy a platter of latkes. 

How to Dress Up Latkes for Hanukkah | FN Dish - Behind-the-Scenes, Food  Trends, and Best Recipes : Food Network | Food Network

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday … | Good morning christmas, Happy tuesday, Tuesday quotes

A huge snowstorm is expected for the northeast Wednesday into Thursday. 

My previous area of Jersey is in the 12-18 inches band.  

Here, in CNY, a trace to 3 inches.  

Drummer Boy  may get a bunch of snow, as well, in MA. 

Cards are mailed!   House is almost cleaned. 

Tree and decorations are up and sparkly. 

How's it going where you live?  

Trusted Contributor

Surprise!!
I couldn't remember how to sign in.

Have been digging out from the 42 inch snowstorm yesterday. It came down at 5 inches an hour!!! It has been surreal.

How has everybody been? I know I see some of you on Facebook but it's difficult to really talk.

Dmod, I'm sure your decorations are lovely.

im sorry I didn't read back to see what has been going on here. Will do better next time.

Christmas is one week away.......Hard to believe.....

Respected Contributor

@Oceanjade, so glad you were able to sign on and great to see you here.  Yes, I heard about all the snow in your area and commented to DH about it.  We were talking about trying to get up your way and see if we could help you shovel your way out!

Donna, speaking of the Giants...yesterday I drove out to the cemetery to put a wreath on my parents' grave.  Wreaths Across America did supply the wreaths this year, but the ceremony where they have people actually place them on the graves was not done this year due to the pandemic.  But you could go out there and get a wreath to place on a grave yourself.

So on my way home one car passed me and it had a New Jersey license plate.  Right on its heels was a car with a New York license plate.  So I thought of you, Ocean, and Moons of course.  Further on down the road another set of completely different cars; one with a New York plate and the other with a New Jersey plate.  I think it was a message, lol!!!

@Oceanjade, guess you and I will be listening to the new JBJ Christmas songs.  lol

Doing ok here.  I have been busy trying to clean house and get things somewhat organized.   Christmas is right around the corner.  I think this is the first year I have been ready for such a period of time.   The tree has been up, baking completed, cards mailed now for quite some time so it almost seems like Christmas should be over.  LOL! 

Years previously, I was in a panic due to finishing up a semester, trying to get things ready for another semester, get ready for Christmas, and then 3 birthdays in the month of December.  Both parents are now gone, so now only one Dec. birthday and lots of time this year to get ready.  Just seems so out of character for me.  LOL!

I did watch the Olaf special last night.  Then watched the Shrek Christmas show.  Felt like a kid again.  I thought both shows were really good and both had a great message.  

Does Jersey like playing out in the snow or is she more of the you are kidding me, right? crowd.  lol

Stay safe ladies and sleep well.