Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Good Morning Have A Beautiful Autumn Sunday Pictures Photos and | Have a  beautiful sunday, Sunday pictures, Happy sunday quotes

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

POPSUGAR | Beautiful fall, Outdoor, Backyard

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What a day.   The next three weeks are going to be super crazy! 

Crazy Stock Vector (Royalty Free) 80104624

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fall Decor Happy Wednesday Quote Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook,  Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Beautiful fall day that has been a little on the warm side here today.  Comes to an end tomorrow though with it getting a little cooler.  Bought a gallon of apple cider and decided that we will be ready with some apple cider to toast the arrival of cooler temps.  LOL.  Any excuse to drink the apple cider.

DD has become quite crafty since she is staying at home more.  I just hung a beautiful fall wreath she made for us.  Don't know where she got that gene from, but grateful it came from somewhere.  I don't have a single iota of talent in being able to do those kinds of things where you use your creativity and ideas.  LOL.  Lost out in that department, big time!  I could do cross stitch at one time.  But that has a detailed pattern and I can follow instructions.  LOL!

Spent the last couple of days putting down fresh mulch.  I don't ever appreciate just how much landscaping we have along 3 sides of the house until I have to mulch!  But can cross that off the to do list at least.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!  Have a great evening ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Hope you are all healthy and well. 

Volunteering has been SUPER BUSY, as you can imagine.  

@pitdakota   I've found Honeycrisps apple spiced cider at Trader Joe's.  I'm saving it for Thanksgiving. 

I bet your DD's wreath looks fabulous!   I loved making them with my dmil for many years. 

Over the winter, after the holidays, you should start a simple cross stitch project. 

@kdgn  how are you doing?  Temps better?  What have you been up to? 

Tonight, I'll be watching the Giants/Eagles game on mute while playing Bingo, via Skype, with friends.  

I've been following the World Series, Rays/Dodgers.   I really don't care who wins.  It's just fun to watch baseball. 

Have a great evening! Smiley Happy  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod, great idea about taking up a cross stitch project over the winter.  It will give me something to do and I can feel just a "wee bit" crafty.  LOL!

Promised Pumpkin I would fix ham for him tomorrow night when he is here for supper.  He absolutely loves ham and has been asking for it for a couple of months now.  Could not find one here in the grocery stores, period.  If they had them they had to be sold out every single time I was looking for one.

Went to the grocery store yesterday and they had 2 hams.  So I quickly slammed one in the cart.  lol   I don't think they have actually had many hams here in the area lately.  Even yesterday, the 2 hams were in an area where they usually have the small packages of country ham which is an area they have never placed whole hams.  And the space was only big enough for just those 2 hams.  Hopefully as the holidays get closer they will have more of a selection.

Sounds like fun skyping with the friends.  There is one group of us that met on a routine basis for either lunch or dinner.  Since the beginning of the pandemic we schedule zoom meetings with all of us and we have a blast.  

@kdgn, hope you are doing well.  Hope it has cooled off out there a little bit.  

Take care ladies, stay safe, and sleep well. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Halloween! - The Schirm Firm

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

We are having family here for the coming week.  I'll be busy and catch up after they leave in a week.

As you can imagine, I am super busy volunteering with the election so close. 

Hope everyone has voted!  

I will catch up in a week or so.   All is well here. We are all healthy!  No news is good news. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, I can imagine you are busy!  Have a great visit with family!!  

Same ole, same ole here.  LOL!  Not much exciting happening here, but in these days that is a good thing!  

It was a very quite Halloween here.  Our subdivision has its own Facebook group and I have to say the moms on there were very organized.  They actually polled people that were going to pass out candy and those that didn't.  One of the moms just plotted a graph and posted it so those in the neighborhood knew the areas in the neighborhood to focus on with trick or treating.  It was all very nice and kind, those that posted they would not be handing out candy were treated with respect and understanding.  

And everyone made a pact to stick to the local guidelines for giving out candy.  Some were quite creative.  One mom even got her Christmas tree out early and used the ornament hooks to hold the individual bags of candy.  Kids just walked up to the tree and selected the package they wanted.  She monitored it and went out and kept putting the little baggies of candy on there so the kids could easily reach to get the candy.  Too cute!  

But many families in the area were taking their kiddos to the trick or treat at the zoo, through a haunted car wash, etc.  So evidently there were very few in the area that did trick or treat.  

Trying to finish up the fall work to get plants and landscaping taken care of for the winter.  My endless summer hydragenas still have all kinds of blooms on them so hate to do much to them now.  I may be out in the snow taking care of that section later on in Jan. at this rate.  LOL! 

Hate it getting dark so early.  Thank goodness for flameless candles.  That at least helps when they pop on in various rooms of the house to somewhat chase that yucky early darkness away.  lol

Hope all are well and staying safe.  Take care ladies!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Checking in mates!  @kdgn hope you are doing ok out in your area.  I am hoping the fire danger is down a tad and fingers crossed that no more fires get started.  At least for this year!  Can't someone tell the fire gods that we are dealing with a pandemic here?

Donna, had to get a stronger magnification of reader glasses in preparation for cross stitch.  DD has ordered some type of kit that she wants me to work on, so guess I need to be able to see a little better.  LOL!

I made another batch of the apple butter.  So many people really liked it so I talked myself into it.  I have been cooking up a storm for some reason.  DH thinks some type of an alien has come down and taken over me.  LOL!  

DH and I even worked on a project redoing some things in the basement and I am happy to report that we did not kill each other!  Wonders never cease.

We just ended a beautiful stretch of weather.  I think many through the country had above normal temps with beautiful skies. I tried to get out and walk as much as I could since I knew it would be coming to an end.  Donna, know you had a little snow already, so there is no getting around the fact that colder weather is on the way.   Even though it is a little chllly tonight, think we are going to put on jackets and sit on the front porch for just a period of time tonight to see if we spot any of the meteors.  We might even take a cup of hot apple cider out with us.

Hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe.  Sleep well ladies!