Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Yes, Pitty, it is hot. 109 in the shade on my patio-I've never seen my patio thermometer say that before. Officially it's 113, also a number I've never seen here.  4 more days of "excessive heat".  Not even a breeze.

My former district is doing virtual/distance learning until sometime in October, the situation will be re-evaluated then. They prepared long and hard over the summer for this  so fingers crossed that it all comes together this week when school "starts". Glad everyone stays home because the temperatures are brutal there too. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi all, Smiley Happy 

My hand is feeling better and better.  It's still swollen and slowly healing, but we're on the right path. 

kdgn, I can't even imagine that kind of heat!  Holy, moly! 

We are having family this weekend and through the week.  I've been busy getting things ready. 

All is well here. The weather is stunning today! It's dry, sunny and in the mid 70s. Sending it to anyone who needs it. 

Have A Happy Friday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good news about your hand Donna.  I hope you don't  overdo cooking for the family visit, but glad to hear you were able to spend time with family. Rub it in about your weather.  LOL!  We are in the sauna here, but not complaining since kdgn has us beat with those temps she has been dealing with.

Even though it has been hot I have been busy baking goodies.  I made some brown butter chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies to take to a few people.  Dropped them off on their porch with a note and signed it from the cookie bandit in reverse.  Have to admit I saved a few of those sugar cookies and made a pitcher of homemade lemonade, carried them out to the front porch last evening so DH and I could indulge.  lol  

School in our district here started today online.  Plan is to do online courses for the first 6 weeks then evaluate what they will do from that point.  Hard to believe it was Pumpkin's first day of high school.  Oh my, where did the time go?  He was prepared with his laptop so hope everything went ok today.  DD took a couple of days off this week so she could be there to make sure everything went ok.  

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well.  Take care ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Everyone is safely in the home/states. We had a wonderful week!  Lots of cooking, laughing, sitting on the shady deck, driving around the area,  walking in a state park and more. The weather had been great, not too hot or humid, for our plans.   

Now, I have to focus on  the clean up and to put our home back to "normal."   

My hand is better, but still swollen. It barks when I do too much.  I still elevate and ice it when it hurts too much.   I was told it will take a while for the healing process.  I'm not patient, but I don't have a choice. 

What is new with all of you? 

kdgn, is the weather still brutal near you?   Do you go out at all?   

pitty,  HIGH SCHOOL????? WHAT????  How can that be?  He was just starting school!!   Wow!   He's a year behind our Mary's daughter.   They were both wee ones just a moment ago.   Much good luck to Pumpkin!  I'm sure he will do well and adjust to this new normal. 

Your idea of  leaving cookies is so thoughtful and kind.   I KNOW your neighbors are thrilled with your delicious baked goods. 

My Yankees are on a 7 game losing streak.  I am not happy........as you can imagine.   

I've been watching hockey playoffs, as well.   I'm rooting for the Tampa Bay Lightning. 

I have plenty of leftover homemade baked goods.  Help yourself. Smiley Happy 

70+ Romantic Happy Saturday Messages | Wishlovequotes

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

15 ways to spend your Sunday. – Koko Williams

Hi everyone, 

It is a cool, sunny, blue, breezy day in CNY!   What a stunning weather day.  I'll gladly share with anyone who needs it. 

I'm listening to the Yankees/Mets game while on the deck with Jersey. 

Hope you are all doing well!   

Tomorrow is my spa day.   Hair will be cut and colored.  Yes, of course, I will twirl when I get home! Smiley Wink 

I'm reading Susan Wiggs' newest.  Loving it!  Image is not available

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Goodbye August Pictures, Photos, Images, and Pics for Facebook, Tumblr,  Pinterest, and Twitter

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday Eve Thursday Digital SVG file package Instant | Etsy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, you need to do your twirl for us.  Glad everyone made it back home safe and sound.  If you need a private nurse, I will fly up on my broom and take care of your hand.  My fee is cheap, cookies will be fine.  LOL!   I wondered what all that ummmm language was.  I should have known it was the Yankees on a losing streak!

Ok, stand by....I plan on making apple butter tomorrow.  Plan is the operative word here.  There are many things that might interfere with that plan.  lol   This month's Southern Living has a recipe for making apple butter in a crock pot.  Think I will try it and see how it works.  I won't mention the issue also has recipes to make with that apple butter like cinnamon buns, pound cake, etc.  Who knew that I would take to the kitchen in baking and cooking during this downtime.  lol  Oh, and let's not forget I have been gardening in containers.  The earth might stop rotating for a second or two.  

I have to take the stuff to people Donna.  So it gives me a chance to bake, try some for us and then take some and drop it off to others.  

Yes, our two wee ones in the house were very close in age.  Pumpkin is growing up for sure.  

I think our sports channel might be carrying hockey games now.  I think I said before unless it is something like the play offs they don't televise hockey games in this area unless you get the super duper channel selections from the cable companies that has all the various sports channels.  So I may watch a hockey game as well.  

Hope everyone is well and staying safe!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday - Home | Facebook

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

The weather here is stunning.....and only in the 70s.    Sending it your way if you need it.  

pitty, I do need your expert nursing advice. I'll skype with you for a diagnosis.  Isn't that what everyone is doing?   I trust you! I'll pay you with cookies!   lol  

Please let us know who the apple butter turns out.   We are going apple picking in the future.  I'd love to make apple butter in the crock pot. 

kdgn, any plans for this holiday weekend?   How is school going in your area?   This area will do a combo of remote learning and staggered learning in school.   Our Covid infection percentage is under 1%.    So far, so good! 

ocean, check in ! 

Yankees are not playing well.  Oy vey!   They have a weekend series with the O's.   Fingers crossed! 

There are hockey playoffs all weekend on NBC and NBCSN.  I'm rooting for Tampa Bay! There are former NY Rangers players on the team! 

I'm reading Susan Wiggs' newest book,  The Lost and Found Bookshop!  Loving it! 

Not able to do any cross stitch yet with my hand still hurting and swollen.   

Volunteering is NUTS, as you can imagine.  Woman Tongue

Happy holiday weekend to all!   Be safe, whatever you do! 

Wear a mask! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

All in the Detail: enjoy your saturday