Valued Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Dmod. I saw the Christmas specials. Very nice. I'm trying to watch some of the Hallmark Christmas shows too. The weather is so weird, We just had about an inch of snow with more to follow, then rain, then back to snow.it will be in the 40s this weekend and close to 50 on Tues.....(then we will probably get another blizzardSmiley LOL)

Pitty.I love cranberries and grew up with the gel relish. Your recipe sounds interesting with the bourbon.

i should start on my Christmas cards as I have to write a letter in many of them....all my friends are out of state.

Kitty. I don't think we have met. I was around here for years and years, then life got in the way. I had to get a new IPad in order to get to this site. So now I'm back.

Happy shopping!

Respected Contributor

@Oceanjade, I can't take credit for the recipe...it is @KittyLouWhoToo's recipe.  It does call for bourbon & it really does enhance the flavor of the cranberries.  Sounds like you are in for a roller coaster ride for your weather.  But glad to hear it is to get warmer since I really worry about you having to deal with removing snow so you can get out when you need to go somewhere!  Glad you have your new I-Pad because I love getting on here and hearing from you!  

@dmod, our Christmas tree is up. I had to take advantage of Pumpkin to help get the tree & decorations up from the basement.  Mr. Pity is doing really well with his new hip, but I didn't want to overtax him by making multiple trips up and down those basement stairs.

Now it is on to Christmas shopping.  I have ordered a few things from Amazon.  Have to say I am quite spoiled by their shipping.  I ordered a new controller for Pumpkin's Playstation one morning and it was delivered the next day!   But I need to get out to the local mall today.  I plan on getting a few items of clothing for DD and I need to see those to be able to tell whether I think she will like it, not to mention to see whether or not it will fit her.  

I am so glad you are able to rely on the service to clear snow from your driveway.  And BTW, I meant to ask you if you have any bears or deer around your new house?  

Well, guess I have delayed getting out in all the traffic long enough.  Need to get busy & get out of here.  Have a great day ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, 

Lightly snowing, little accumulation!   I made homemade chicken soup.  Help yourself to a hot bowl. 

pitty,  we are hoping to get the tree up this weekend.  Maybe decorate it next weekend.  We decided to put it in the family room near the sliding door. 

No bear here at all!  Thank goodness!    There are deer in the area, but none so far in the backyard eating anything!   I hope that continues!   The immediate neighborhood does not seem to have any deer damage to the landscaping. 

I'm so happy to hear mr. pitty is doing well.   He had great nursing care. 

ocean, enjoy the movies!   I have cards to get out soon too.   There are about a dozen that go to Ireland, so those are mailed first. 

kdgn, are the little man's gifts sent already?  What did Santa bring him?  There are so many adorable outfits and learning toys in the stores!   One of my older nephew is having a baby.   It's a boy!   I can't wait to shop for him. My nephew and his gf are very excited and are so appreciative for all our gifts. 

Depending on who we host for Xmas, I may make the cranberry recipe, KLWT.  I can't wait to try it!  I love cranberries. 

Have a great weekend, everyone. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the soup Donna!  Great comfort food on a snowy day!  It rained here.  One of those days where it was just a light drizzle most of the day. When is your nephew's little boy due?

Ocean, have fun watching those movies.  Sounds like that is a great plan.  Snuggle in and just watch some good movies.

Was able to get a little shopping completed.  At least I can mark a few little things off of that Christmas list!

Sleep well ladies!

Respected Contributor

Greetings housemates!  Donna, you would be so proud.  Monday night I fixed a meal for some friends:  spinach-apple salad, marinated roast beef, cream cheese mashed potatoes, honey roasted carrots, & peach crisp.  And it all turned out!  Doing the happy dance!  

Then yesterday, I fixed corn pudding & bread pudding to take to a pot luck dinner. Guess I thought I would be safe making "pudding" dishes.  LOL!   Ok, so now I am absolutely exhausted!  lol  Tonight I think we will order pizza. Woman Very Happy

Can't wait to hear about your Christmas tree that is up in your new house.  Will there be new traditions for the new house?

kdgn, bet the wee one is anxiously awaiting Christmas!

Ocean, hope you have been able to enjoy some of those movies.  Have you finished the Christmas cards yet? ***Note to self:  work on Christmas cards tonight***

I need to drag this tired body out and get a few more errand accomplished for today.  I am fighting the temptation of the couch calling my name &  telling myself I can get those things done tomorrow.  

Hope everyone is doing ok and not getting too stressed out with Christmas coming,  Have a great day ladies.

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Thanks for the soup Donna!  Great comfort food on a snowy day!  It rained here.  One of those days where it was just a light drizzle most of the day. When is your nephew's little boy due?

Ocean, have fun watching those movies.  Sounds like that is a great plan.  Snuggle in and just watch some good movies.

Was able to get a little shopping completed.  At least I can mark a few little things off of that Christmas list!

Sleep well ladies!

The baby is due in March!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Greetings housemates!  Donna, you would be so proud.  Monday night I fixed a meal for some friends:  spinach-apple salad, marinated roast beef, cream cheese mashed potatoes, honey roasted carrots, & peach crisp.  And it all turned out!  Doing the happy dance!  

Then yesterday, I fixed corn pudding & bread pudding to take to a pot luck dinner. Guess I thought I would be safe making "pudding" dishes.  LOL!   Ok, so now I am absolutely exhausted!  lol  Tonight I think we will order pizza. Woman Very Happy

Can't wait to hear about your Christmas tree that is up in your new house.  Will there be new traditions for the new house?

kdgn, bet the wee one is anxiously awaiting Christmas!

Ocean, hope you have been able to enjoy some of those movies.  Have you finished the Christmas cards yet? ***Note to self:  work on Christmas cards tonight***

I need to drag this tired body out and get a few more errand accomplished for today.  I am fighting the temptation of the couch calling my name &  telling myself I can get those things done tomorrow.  

Hope everyone is doing ok and not getting too stressed out with Christmas coming,  Have a great day ladies.

pitty, I made corn pudding for Thanksgiving. My family loved it. I LOVED it.  I think this is the recipe I used. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18906/awesome-and-easy-creamy-corn-casserole/

I'll send a picture of the tree when we get it up, hopefully this weekend. Same tree as the other house, a slim one.  We can use a fuller, larger tree in this house, but not this year.  

I'm not sure about new traditions. Still working on the plans with Drummer Boy/gf, our families........it's hard when we all live so far away.   

I'm working on my cards tomorrow and through the weekend.  We send Xmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, and New Years cards, depending on what the people believe/celebrate. 

Respected Contributor

Donna, there are times I use a recipe very similar to the one you posted for the corn pudding.  It is very good.  I have different recipes that I use for different occasions.   LOL!  

Here is the one I made for the pot luck dinner:  https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/tees-corn-pudding-recipe  

The only thing I do differently when making this one is I use frozen corn.  Well, I thaw it first.  Actually put it in a strainer while thawing so that water from thawing drains out.  I am one lazy cook.  No way I am going to cut the corn off of all those ears of corn.  No sireee...it is either frozen or canned corn for the recipe

Have to admit, corn pudding is one of my vices.  Love it sweet, savory, spicy, or made with or without cornmeal.  In fact, I don't think I have ever had a corn pudding I didn't like.  LOL!  I am not picky.  Probably why I don't make it very often since there is always a risk I might eat the majority of it! 

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Donna, there are times I use a recipe very similar to the one you posted for the corn pudding.  It is very good.  I have different recipes that I use for different occasions.   LOL!  

Here is the one I made for the pot luck dinner:  https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/tees-corn-pudding-recipe  

The only thing I do differently when making this one is I use frozen corn.  Well, I thaw it first.  Actually put it in a strainer while thawing so that water from thawing drains out.  I am one lazy cook.  No way I am going to cut the corn off of all those ears of corn.  No sireee...it is either frozen or canned corn for the recipe

Have to admit, corn pudding is one of my vices.  Love it sweet, savory, spicy, or made with or without cornmeal.  In fact, I don't think I have ever had a corn pudding I didn't like.  LOL!  I am not picky.  Probably why I don't make it very often since there is always a risk I might eat the majority of it! 

pitty, that recipe looks fantastic!  I would used frozen or canned corn too.  You are not a lazy cook!   I only make it during the holiday season, so getting good corn on the cob is impossible.     

Thanks for sharing. I made a copy of it for myself. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

And the Christmas countdown continues.  Making Christmas cookies today with plans to get packages together and deliver to several people.  We will see how this turns out!

Chilly and rainy here.  Hope some of you all have better weather, but then again....it is a good day to stay in and bake!  I need something to inspire me.  LOL

Have a great day ladies!