Respected Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Donna, know you have probably had a great week visiting with family!  No telling what has been cooking/baking in that kitchen of yours!

Well the cold has moved in, but I am doing my best not to complain.  lol  I promised not to compain too much when we set records for high temps in the month of Oct. and we were sweltering here.

Have a feeling there is some snow up your way, Donna.  @kdgn, hope your nights aren't getting too cold out there.

Going to a birthday celebration for a friend of our daughter's tonight.  They are good friends of ours as well.

So need to get busy here and make myself presentable.  lol

Hope all are doing well and staying out of trouble.  LOL!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Life is getting back to "normal" here in CNY.  Company is home, I'm getting the house back to normal, and shoveling snow. 

Yes pitty, you are so right!   Snowing as I write this.  Road and driveway are done!  Town clears the road.  Service plows the driveway.  I just clear the small walkway near the front door.   Easy peasy!   Heading out later to run an errand.

I'm trying my best to write you all an email including  pictures, but my computer is not cooperating.   Hubby is running some tests on it.  Once he gives me the thumbs up, I'll send it. 

Jersey is LOVING the snow!   There are only a few inches on the grass, but she loves running around in circles in it. lol 

Did everyone see my Jon on CBS This Morning yesterday?   https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unbroken-jon-bon-jovi-finds-hope-in-new-song-honoring-veterans/

The second season of You will be released on Netflix on 12/26.  I can't wait!   

I am not caught up on my shows...Bluff City Law,  the Chicago Trio, or any of the others.   I just keep dvring them to watch in December when there is nothing on. 

I am caught up with DWTS.  James Van Der Beek is very good! I know who he is but have not watched any show he's been in.  

I have been dvring The Oval on BET.  I did see the first two episodes.  WOW!  LOVED it!   Not what I expected, but soooooooooo good! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Glad life is getting back to normal for you Donna.  I bet you had a great time.  Certainly glad to hear that you don't have to struggle with removing snow.  Sounds like a great plan to just have to worry about the walkway to the front door.

Thanks for the link for "your Jon"!  lol  I didn't see him on the morning show so it was good to see. 

We had a very quiet Veterans Day this year.  In fact, I actually saw DH this year on Veteran's Day.  LOL!  In the past, his schedule was so crammed with events and services he would be worn out!  Glad he decided to take it easy this year.

We have snow on the ground.  It isn't much, blades of grass peaking up through the snow....but it is still snow.  And of course, we are in the deep freeze along with millions of others.  At least it tends to help nudge me along in the holiday spirit mode!  

I am trying to get organized for the holidays.  Have a few gifts purchased on marked off the list, but not finished by a long shot.  I also need to get started planning Thanksgiving dinner.  Well, I will get to that some time.

Not a lot going on around here, which in my world can be a very good thing.  After going through weeks of a major remodel, I am quite thankful for the peace and quiet!  lol

Hope everyone is doing well.  Sleep well ladies!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, 

TGIF!  Busy week here!    Hair/pedi/mani appts are done! I am looking gawjis! LOL LOL    Errands are done.   House is clean!  

Today, I am doing my PBP so I look human tomorrow. We are meeting friends halfway between our homes in a burb of Rochester, NY. Never been to the restaurant. I'll let you know all about it next week.  

Hubby and Drummer Boy went to a concert together in MA.   It's an early Xmas gift to both of them.   I heard from both of them early this morning.  They are meeting for breakfast before hubby is heading back home and Drummer Boy to work.   They had a wonderful evening of fun, laughs, good food and music! 

Jersey and I snuggled together near the fireplace last night.  She's a lovie! 

After snow and unseasonably frigid temps, the weather is back to normal here.   Snow is melting and the sun is out. 

This weekend, I am making a new crock pot soup.   

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beef-barley-lentil-soup/print/     I will let you know if it's good! 

Any weekend plans? 

Join me for some pancakes and bacon, coffee and juice!   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@kdgnyou have mail.

Valued Contributor

I finally was able to log on....Yippee!!

Dmod- it sounds like you are settling in nicely. You will certainly get more snow than where you were living before. I wasn't ready for the snow and frigid weather....

Pitty, I really miss seeing you. (At least I see Dmod on Facebook from time to time)

i cant believe the holidays will soon be here. 

I dont know who is still here but waving to all of you. Hopefully I won't have so much trouble logging on in the future.

Respected Contributor

@dmod wrote:

@kdgnyou have mail.

Got it and will respond! Took a while for everything to show up, my email was messed up for several hours. 

Respected Contributor

@Oceanjade, so glad to "see" you.  I have wondered about you and your snow.  Was watching the weather channel one morning and saw your city on one of their maps and Donna's new area somewhat above it.  So knew you all were getting snow.  Was wishing I lived closer so I could help you shovel.  Sure hope you are getting along ok.  Yeah, I haven't been on Facebook for some time.  No particular reason except I don't think about it very often.  I need to get back on, if nothing else to wave hello.  Will probably take me awhile though.  I have a new computer and have now idea what my password was for facebook.  LOL!  Of course, I can always change it.  Hmmm....I am thinking that is part of the reason I haven't been on in so long!

Donna, so glad the guys were able to spend some time together.  Know drummer boy & E really enjoyed that.    Guess you are getting ready for the holidays in your new abode.  Are you excited about having your first holiday season there?  Sounds like Jersey is settling in very well.

@kdgn, I can so relate to trouble with email. LOL!  Doesn't happen to me very often, but there has been a time or two that of my goodness....it was giving me fits.  Hope you get the problem resolved soon without having to throw the computer across the room!  Bet DGS is excited about Santa.

We are doing well here.  I have finally settled back into the bathroom.  Oh my gosh, it was really too funny!!  I have more drawers in there than before & I can guarantee that I rearranged them at least 4 times before I decided how I wanted the stuff organized.  Then I got frustrated and just started putting stuff wherever it would go!  Donna, am betting you had a few of those experiences in your move as well.  We are really funny creatures at times.  No wonder our pets look at us sometimes like we have lost our minds!

I am working on planning out the Thanksgiving dinner. We will see how long my plans of trying to be organized and ahead of the game for this year wins out.  Hint:  don't place any bets.  LOL!

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Moons and Lotus, sending good thoughts and best wishes your way!

Sleep well ladies!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF!    Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

ocean, good to see you here. Smiley Happy   The weather has been great, so far!   Remind me of this when I am screaming about snow. lol  Yes, we will get more snow than in Jersey.  Snow removal is arranged!  

pitty,   Thanksgiving is, by far, my most favorite holiday. I am so looking forward to cooking a  feast in my new kitchen!    I've planned out my menu.  It has something or everyone.  

I'm still re-arranging the kitchen to suit me!  Just when I think I have it done.............I change something. lol    Some days, I really have to think where I put something. lol 

Who is getting ready for Thanksgiving?  Are you hosting?  Going out?  Helping out somewhere else?

kdgn, tell us about your little man.    What's he up to lately?  

This week, volunteering was super busy, as you can imagine, with all that was going on in the news.  

I found a new tea to enjoy!   DELISH!  http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal/cranberry-vanilla-wonderland

I am so far behind with my dvred shows.   The one show I am only one episode behind in is The Oval on BET. OMG, I love this show.  Does anyone watch? 

I found out  the new season of You, on Netflix, will be available on 12/26! Can't wait for that! 

Last Saturday, we went friends in the burbs of Rochester.  What a great afternoon. Lots of laughter, smart conversation and many hugs.  After the holidays, we are going to meet again! 

So, my gf and I were chatting about whether we say dressing or stuffing.   We know the difference. Our discussion was what do we call it.   I grew up calling it stuffing, even if my mom made a separate casserole dish.  She stuffed the bird and made another casserole dish filled with stuffing.   We called it stuffing regardless.  I still do. lol lol    What do you call it...........besides DELISH! lol 

On a recent trip to Trader Joes, I found milk chocolate covered caramels topped with sea salt. OMG, were they good!  

I think this post has a theme..............food. LOL LOL 

I hope if you are traveling for the holiday, your travel plans go well and the weather cooperates. 

Valued Contributor

Well, I found my way back....I don't know how to use the little codings above. Will have to practice.

kdgn,wanted to say "hi" to you

Pitty, have you retired yet? I just can't remember

dmod, it will be fun to cook in your new kitchen. Maybe make some new traditions.

My neighbors invited me over for Thanksgiving. Who wants to drive in all that traffic?
Have a good weekend

Spoiler
Heart