Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Hi all, 

Tomorrow is the big day.  I'll be in touch, either here or email, when I can. 

Keep a good thought/prayer for us.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Can't believe I have been MIA for so long.  And I have no good excuse since our housemum, Donna, makes me look like a slouch with all she has going on and still manages to post!  LOL!

Just been busy with a million and one things so I haven't been around electronics much.  Oh well.  I can manage to check in on Facebook every now and then from the I-pad, but I absolutely refuse to try and post here on the I-Pad.  Just raises my BP and it isn't worth it.  I end up on threads I have no clue how...this site really jumps around quite a bit it seems with the I-Pad.  That is my story and I am sticking to it!!  LOL!  Honestly, I can't believe I even said that.  There was a day that the laptop was a wonderful break from the ole desk top computer!  lol

Donna, keeping a good thought out for you, Mr. Dmod, and drummer boy.  Glad to hear that drummer boy will be taking up residence in Boston and that D got a job!!  

We have just had crazy weather here.  It has been hot and muggy.  We have set new records for low temps for the month of May, have had multiple days in a row with the temp above 90, and it has rained quite a bit.  No bad weather around here fortunately.  We are now experiencing lower temps and humidity and I think we will get a break from the rain.

In between rain storms, I have been making mad dashes to do some serious work with our landscaping. We have had estimates for some type of covered gutters and need to decide which type and company we will go with.  Our neighbors have big well established trees that shed blossoms and helicopters galore in the spring and unbelievable amounts of leaves in the fall.  So we decided we need to go that route.  With DH's foot, even though it is fine, I got up on the ladder a couple of weeks ago and cleaned the gutters out again.  We paid to have them cleaned a couple of weeks before that.  Geez...the stuff just keeps coming down!

kdgn, runners by the yard sounds like a great investment!  I bet your floors are beautiful and what a great way to protect them and the pooch at the same time!  Hmm...long handle mops...we need to work on that idea.  Since I am a shorty, I would never have thought of that.

DH and Pumpkin went to see the Avenger movie.  They both really liked it.  School will be out after next week and we will see what grandparent activities we have on the agenda for the summer.  

Hope everyone is doing okay and keeping a good thought out for all.  So glad to hear that Puppettes family is doing well and that Zoe is doing good too!  Great news!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Good morning, Smiley Happy 

The weather is cloudy and drippy in CNY. 

Things are going well here. Busy, exhaustified as our Puppy would say, but good. 

Jersey is adjusting little by little...........it's going well. 

Guess what I'll be doing today?  Yep......unpacking! 

I'm going to try my best, over this weekend, to update you all. 

Let's have some breakfast together.   

Image result for breakfast buffet

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Guess what I've been doing?   Here's a hint. LOL LOL 

Image result for cleaning supplies

Honored Contributor

Happy 6th birthday to my Jersey Girl...........who is pure love and joy in my life!  HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Good morning from drizzly central NY.   

What are you doing today?  I'm cleaning, unpacking and going out to run a few errands. 

Any weekend plans?   We are heading out to pick out paint colors.   Pray our marriage survives. lol I am a color girl. Hubby is a beige/vanilla guy.    

Jersey is doing well and adjusting. 

I am going to try to get an update email out to you............hopefully this weekend. 

Congrats to the St. Louis Blues! They are 2019 Stanley Cup Champions.    Only 112 days until the new hockey season. That gives you time to replenish your earplug supply. LOL 

Yankees are in Chicago to play the White Sox!   

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Smiley Happy 

Hope you all had a great week. I know, I know, I still owe you all an update email. 

I am so tired by the end of the night............

I'm trying to keep all the juggling balls in the air............but failing miserably. 

This weekend, we are clearing out the storage unit.   We have non-essentials in there....Xmas decorations, etc.  All that will go in the basement on shelves. 

I'll be working in the basement next week organizing, cleaning and unpacking.............that is the plan.  We'll see if I can accomplish what I need to do!  If not, there is always the following week. 

Jersey is doing well.   She is adjusting more and more.  We met the young lady who will be coming into the home to help us out with her when we are gone.   Jersey took to D very well.  No issues, thank goodness. 

The neighbors are around my age.  They are helpful and very nice.  One woman grew up in southwestern Jersey and goes back to visit family often.  Nice to have another Jersey girl on the street. Smiley Happy 

I'm looking forward to going to some local 4th of July activities.    Do you have any plans? 

So, tell us what is going on with you. Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

Pitty, you aren't the only one who has been missing in action. Dmod has been so busy and I can't get my act together. The brain surgery I had was not the easiest thing but I think I'm making progress....slowly.

I don't know who else visits...kdgn?Hi to you too.

i miss all you guys....peeps, and our friend in Hawaii, Moons.....

Hope to visit sooner than my last post.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Today was a first visit to the new salon.   My previous stylist sent instructions for cutting, formulas for color and highlights.............and it worked out just fine!   Whew! Another first over and a satisfied customer! 

ocean, please don't be a stranger!  So happy to see you home!  Smiley Happy   

What does everyone have planned for the week?   Anything fun? 

This week, I am unpacking and cleaning some more. Shocking! LOL   I'm also going to the library to see about signing up for a class they are offering on cross stitching.

The weeding is done........for now.  The growth was WILD!  Now, we just have to maintain it.   

Drummer Boy and gf are doing well.   They may visit in middle of July, near my birthday.   

My sweet girl is doing well and adjusting well.   

Respected Contributor

Hello you housemates!!  It's been awhile since I stopped in, and thought I'd give you all an update with us.  My daughter, Lori, graduated from nursing, and now has a job in rehab, where people come to after surgery when they are not able to go home yet.  She is working nights, from 7 Pm to 7 AM. We live right on her way so sometimes on her way home she'll stop in for coffee.  She needs creamer, so we bought some for her.  She doesn't live far from us either.  She works Monday, Tues. and Wednesdays and ever third weekend.  She graduated from Rasmusson's college. The twins are turning three July 2nd.  Darla is having a party for them this Saturday. They are very interested in the ABC's and putting words together already! It's amazing what they can do with words, but not so well at potty training yet.  

It'll come. It has to come.  Gosh! I haven't been on the boards for ages!