Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Morning, 

Seems spring has found Jersey.  *achhoooooooooo*  Please pass the allergy meds and tissues.  

*twirling*   Went to the salon the other day.   I have so many light highlights..........I'm almost blonde. LOL  Not really, but this is as light as I can get without looking ridiculous.   I'm a wanna be blonde. 

Lots of house chores this week.    I'm busy and tired.

Jersey is great! She is enjoying helping me around the house.lol   She's the perfect supervisor. lol 

Tomorrow, I am meeting, M, my gf, for breakfast.  Looking forward to catching up with her. 

Yankees are playing the Astros tonight. The Sox are playing their home opener today. I'm sure we'll hear ocean cheering her Sox on. 

I enjoy the HGTV show, Home Town.  Does anyone else watch?   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, that's one HGTV show that I don't enjoy. So many of them are like spin-offs of Property Brothers and Fixer Upper. The same thing is happing with the Food Network: so many contests that I just can't get "into".  I like it when they have Barefoot Contessa shows but miss a lot of the others. 

Painting is done and that was a challenge to my patience level. The paint just didn't want to cover the existing color. Some walls soaked up the paint and required 3 coats. I won't mention how slow the one guy was, how his crew didn't show up....nor how it took almost 4 days instead of 3. Touchups still need to be done and I'm wavering over doing them myself or go thru the process of getting him back-which he was very willing to do. Left me with an unopened 5 gallon tub of paint. Smiley Happy  He was a nice guy and all that---

The flooring has started, the family room/kitchen is almost done. I love it. Beautiful choice if I do say so myself and the two installers can only be called artists. Labor intensive, definitely what I would call a "skilled trade". The one young man has been working with the older one for 4 years, being trained in all aspects of installation. 

So far everyone has been a dog owner and hasn't minded Mr. B letting loose with his barks. They've worked around potty breaks outside when routes have been blocked off, taken breaks so I could move room to room. Very understanding-all I could hope for. 

ETA: I had completely forgotten my reaction to the smell of paint. Ugh. Stuffy nose, itchy eyes, wheezing, headache. Then everything outside is green, blooming, fresh growth, wind blowing, dust from the carpet and linoleum being removed. Fun times for allergies.....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

kdgn, I agree about all those redo, fixer upper shows, along with all the competition shows on the Food Network.  At one time I did like the show Fixer Upper, but even it got "old" to me quickly.  Just seemed like the same thing over and over.  Then we all the other spin-offs started I was just not interested.  LOL!  

I think we should celebrate the painting being completed!  Although, I do think I might let the guy do the touch ups.  No getting on a ladder for you, young lady!  Especially if you have that type of reaction to paint.  That hasn't ever happened to me....but I think I might make note of those symptoms in case someone wants me to paint. Smiley LOL

I bet the floor is beautiful.  I am thrilled for you that the work is completed.  I bet it is beautiful and you can now sit back and enjoy!  

Donna, someone in our neighborhood is flying a NY Yankees flag.  I might have to stop, introduce myself, and ask them about their support of the Yankees!!

DH is right there with you in the allergy season.  He is really having a rough go of it here the last several days.  He doesn't usually have trouble but for some reason this season he is really miserable.  

Hope everyone is doing okay.  This weekend kicks off the Derby Festival so it is the crazy time upon us here. The next 2 weeks will be crazy.  Glad I plan on staying close to home!  LOL!

Sleep well ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

kdgn, I enjoy the Barefoot Contessa, as well. I don't watch any of the food competition shows on Food Network.   There are a few HGTV shows I dvr to watch whenever I get a chance.  I enjoy Bargain Mansions and Windy City Reno. I enjoy Windy City Reno because it shows the different neighborhoods in Chicago. Reminds me of what I saw when Drummer Boy lived there.    

YAY! Painting is done! *passing you the Benedryl*  I understand about allergies.    

I'm so pleased you love the flooring!    Great choice!  

Mr. B is quite the host! LOL  Welcoming everyone! lol   

I'm so glad it all worked well for you. Smiley Happy   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

pitty, how was Derby Festival weekend?  Crazy, I'm sure!   

*passing Mr. Pitty Benedryl*   My allergies are really kicking into high gear. UGH! 

Any plans for Easter?   My dad will be here.   Things will be easy peasy this year for obvious reasons. 

Will your son and daughter be with you?  

What are you making?   I know for sure I will be making Brandied Mushrooms. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/brandied-steakside-mushrooms-recipe-1940527

My family requested pork tenderloin.  The mushrooms will go well with it.   Now, I just have to figure out the rest of the menu.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

This week is busy in Jersey.  I've got people coming to the house for inspections or donations.  I'm bringing donations to another location. 

Drummer Boy and gf will be away the middle of the week for job interviews. 

I'm going to breakfast the middle of the week with a friend. 

Hubby's got plans.........both personal and for work. 

Jersey won't know what is happening as we come and go! lol lol 

Yankees play ocean's Sox this week.  Wear earplugs. LOL  

Hockey playoffs are in full swing!   I'm rooting for the Tampa Bay Lightning.   So far, they have not played well.  

Does anyone watch https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/nate-jeremiah-by-design/ ?

I LOVE this show! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Popping in to say hi on this gawjis spring day in Jersey.   

Awful news about Notre Dame cathedral, isn't it?   Hubby was remembering his visits there.  I'm glad no one was badly hurt and many of the artifacts could be saved. 

Tonight is a big sports night here in the house. Have your earplugs ready.   ocean's Sox and my Yankees are playing one another.   Both teams are struggling, so at least one of us will be happy tonight. lol 

There is also a win or go golfing hockey game tonight.   I hope the Lightning win!  

Inspections are moving along here.  We are passing all of them!   One more tomorrow.  Fingers crossed. 

Who wants to have dinner with us tonight?  I'm making meatloaf, pierogies and spinach.   Help yourself. 

What is going on in your neck of the woods? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday Donna!!!!

Just got back from a day trip and tried to make it (even though the last minute) to say Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope it was a wonderful one.  Know you are busy, but hope you had a great celebration.  Let's toast with champagne:  Your birthday and the good news about inspections!!!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Happy Birthday Donna!!!!

Just got back from a day trip and tried to make it (even though the last minute) to say Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope it was a wonderful one.  Know you are busy, but hope you had a great celebration.  Let's toast with champagne:  Your birthday and the good news about inspections!!!!

Hi pitty, 

Today is Aussie Donna's birthday, not mine.  Mine is in July.  

Where did you go for the day?   Hope you had fun. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, Smiley Happy

BUSY day volunteering, as you can well imagine.   My fingers hurt from typing  emails.

Yankees swept ocean's Sox.  YAY! They seem to be back on a good track! Fingers crossed.

Last minute groceries are in the house for the holiday weekend.  Anything I forgot we'll live without.  I am NOT going to the store Friday or Saturday.

My family members requested bits and parts of this menu......

pork tenderloin, rice pilaf, asparagus quiche, brandied mushrooms, green bean salad with shallots, cranberries, walnuts, and blue cheese crumbles.    I'm not sure all those tastes go together, but that is what we're having. lol For dessert, my dad is making an apple pie. I am making truffles and there are  various kinds of ice cream (Talenti).

What are you making/eating on Sunday.