Contributor

Home is where........welcome! :)

Hi everyone, {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Glad you found us. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} We are starting over.....again....bigger and better!!

Come on in...relax. Make yourself at home. Smile

Donna and the housemates {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Good morning Houseketeers and may this be the start of the most wonderful year ever!

This is a very welcoming house and it's nice having new souls join. Come on in!

There were a few fireworks around here at midnight which I heard on my way back to bed from the bathroom. Sorry if that's too much information. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

My sinuses are bothering me. Donna, how are yours? Anyway, my head feels stuffed full of cotton and I'm not thinking straight. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Sounds like y'all had a nice evening. Pupcake, hope DGD is feeling better.

DD, DSIL and Dman threw an NYE party so I FaceTimed with them and their guests. Dman had one of the revelers in his bedroom with the lights out {#emotions_dlg.scared} and was too busy to chat.

I may go crawl back into bed. In any event, please to enjoy your first day of 2014!

Honored Contributor

Morning!

COLD in Jersey this first day of 2014.

Moons, my allergies are killing me. Between cleaning up Christmas (kicking up dust), being with family who wear perfume, the crazy weather, the extra heat while my men are home........my sinuses, head and ears are really bothering me. You're not alone!! Dman is a pip! LOL LOL

Puppy, after reading Zoe's story again.........she's come a L O N G way since she's been with you. YOU were just what she needed.

P had fun with friends last night.

In light of the STORM coming our way tomorrow, he is heading to the store with E. He is picking up whatever he wants to take back with him......groceries, picking up dry cleaning, some supplies at Staples.............

E and P are heading back early Saturday morning. I'm sure if we wait until Friday, he won't get what he wants, especially at the grocery store. My friend works there and suggested he come today. There are no deliveries today and with everyone buying stuff for the storm........................

Anyway, they'll zip in and out quickly. I'll store the stuff in my fridge/freezer until the trip.

NHL Winter Classic is on now. I'm going to watch!!!

BBL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Moons - I couldn't believe my ears that my neighbors were out in -20 shooting off fireworks. I am assuming they were well fortified with "antifreeze", and oblivious. Zoe jumped a bit at them, but was easily distracted. No drama at all.

Donna - are there storm warnings out yet? Good idea to get P stocked up. Thanks for the kind words re: Zoe. It is good to remember how far she has come.

Having a recovery day from just being busy.

Honored Contributor

Puppy, yes, there are warnings from tomorrow morning through Friday midday. Same for Boston, although they are getting 12+ inches if predictions are true.

I am in the 8-12 inches range.

Should be fine for Saturday. The areas traveled are taken care of immediately.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

We are having a heat wave Sat. and Sun. 19-21 degrees above zero. Then, back in the deep freeze. -23 Sunday night. So, our warnings are wind chills not snow inches. LOL.

Honored Contributor

Hi all,

Just came back from dinner. We went to a local place we LOVE.

ocean, I was thinking of you. I had salmon, shrimp and scallops in a butter/lemon/wine/dill sauce. YUMMY!!

Left room for some dessert here at the house. I have so many goodies to choose from.

Maple Leafs won the Winter Classic. Smiley Sad Oh well. It was a great game!!

Respected Contributor

LOL! We are under a winter storm watch for 1-2 inches of snow. LOL! But I will take that rather than 8-10 inches of the white stuff or temps of -23. Shiver me timbers!!

Well I am happy to report I am not quite as stuffed after supper this evening. Mainly because I don't like greens, cabbage, etc. But DH and Mom do so I was a good girl and fixed those as well. However, I have a Junior's cheesecake (3 pounds) that was a manager's special at the grocery store for $5.99 that is still awaiting. LOL!! Anyone else want some?

Looks like we need to dispense some sinus medication to peeps in the house.

Donna, your meal sounds delish. Ocean will be drooling.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

E decided to work from home because of the snow coming. That made me {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

That also means if he works from home, the storm won't be as bad as expected. That is how our luck runs. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But, I don't mind a bit. It's a win-win for me.

pitty, stay safe if you have to go out. When do you start classes again? I hope not too soon. You need the break.

I watched the third (of four) installment of the HBO special...Road to the Winter Classic. I love all the behind the scene stuff.

I'm heading to bed. I am tired.

Sleep well. Sweet dreams.

Tucking you in with a Winter Classic blankie.

See you tomorrow.

xo

Respected Contributor

Goodnight Donna. This is my last week of break. It wasn't long enough!

Passing out snow shovels and blankets to the housemates that need them. Ocean, I hope your neighbor shovels some for you. Please be careful out in that mess.

Moons, I am glad you don't usually have problems with power outages since you have underground utilities. That is one worry now I can mark off of my list.

kdgn, hope there is no crazy weather in store for the desert. Have the pups recovered from New Year's Eve yet?

Me is probably out dancing that Irish Jig with her arms moving in time with the music.

Tomorrow DH and I will be attending a funeral. We went to visitation tonight. Our friend will be sorely missed. He was a former Marine and dedicated most of the past 25 years to working with veterans. He will be buried in the same cemetery as my father.

Please stay safe everyone.

Moons, I will have extra bold coffee ready for you in the morning. It will put a jazz in Buttercup's roll!!

Sleep well ladies

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *