Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Sunday Messages - Happy Sunday Wishes & Quotes | WishesMsg

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

News - OCSEA

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

31 Awesome Tuesday Quotes For Sharing | Spirit Button

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Well I am taking a break from some fall cleaning.  Why is it that as you are cleaning and moving along, the more you see that needs to be cleaned?  It seems to be like laundry, it multiplies.  lol   I routinely clean but then I move the couch to vacum behind it and then see dust on a picture frame I didn't see when cleaning before.......hope I am not the only one that experiences this.  LOL!

Donna, the apple butter turned out!  This turns out to be more like an applesauce consistency in that it is not thick like some of the jarred stuff sold in the grocery store.  Our local apple farm makes apple butter and it has that consistency.  It is really tasty.  It takes 10 hours in the crock pot, but isn't hard at all.  The hardest part is peeling the apples.  LOL

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/slow-cooker-apple-butter 

There are other recipes in this link.  I am contemplating making the apple butter cinnamon rolls.  But will have to do that after I get this fall cleaning out of the way.

Spoke to SIL last night.  She said it was hot in San Diego and the fire out there is not really close to her, but the smoke is all over the area with poor air quality.  Double edge sword, she goes out to her pool to cool off but the air is just full of smoke.  So she is staying basically holed up in the house and running her air conditioner non stop.  Of course I run mine here non stop because it has to be really cool in the house.  I even freeze DH out of the house sometimes. Woman LOL

So that is my exciting life....making apple butter and doing fall cleaning!  LOL  

I am looking forward to fall, especially the cooler temps.  @kdgn, betting you are looking forward to the winds dying down and cooler temps as well.  

Donna, sure hope your hand continues to heal.  Reading right now seems like a good thing since you don't have to use your hand as much.  Are you able to cook?   Bet you are still cooking away no matter the struggle with your hand.  LOL.  The difference between us.  I would be milking this for everything it was worth to make excuses not to cook.  DH could hear me now, "since my hand is really giving me trouble what about ordering carry out tonight"?  LOL.  

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Stay safe and stay cool ladies!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,  

It's Friday Eve! Woohooo! 

OMG, volunteering blew up this week.   Wow!   Was I busy!   

pitty, you are not the only one who experiences this when cleaning.   I give you a lot of credit to do fall cleaning.   I may just skip cleaning in  my favorite season. LOL  

Thanks so much for the update on the apple butter.   I saved the recipe.   I'll update when I make it.   I want to do it the next time we have family here.  

San Diego and  other areas in CA are just in a horrible fire situation.   Christine, Dawnsmom, lives in that general area.  The heat is just unbearable.  

Dawn lives in the SF area. The air quality is just terrible. 

I am able to cook, but I am making it simple, accepting help from precut stuff and Mr. Donna's help.   It is getting better S L O W L Y.  

I may go back to the dr. to see if there is anything else I should do/not do to speed this up?????   I know, I am impatient.    

Tonight, I am roasting chicken and grape tomatoes.  I'm serving it over fancy greens with burrata cheese.   It's an idea a friend gave me.    Help yourself! 

Tonight, I'll be watching the Yankees and some hockey! 

Wear earplugs...........not because of cheering but due to my potty mouth. LOL The Yankees are just awful. 

kdgn, how are the temps near you?   Any better????  

Jersey has her chin on my thigh.  I'm going to take her out. 

I've rambled on enough. lol 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

September 11th Remembrance – Superintendent's Page

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the apple butter recipe, Pitty! I love it but the jarred stuff is difficult to find around here. A friend's husband used to make it and it was out of this world delicious!

Your wrist is going to take time to heal, Donna. Push it too much and it will not only take longer, it will come back to  haunt you later. I speak from experience with my ankle....and that was done in high school!!

Yes, we had horrendously high temperatures again for four days, triple digits, on top of having a lot of smoke from fires. The temperatures have come way down and this morning is the first one in ages where the sun wasn't orange as it came up. The sky is almost blue...I just wish it meant all of the fires on the West Coast were out!! 

All is going well. I had my first haircut since mid January and am now sporting a shortish bob. Yes, I am letting it grow out again. She did cut some 2" from the bottom or else she said I'd look like I had a mullet. That would be a no for me~  The Velcro rollers she suggested will arrive either tomorrow or Tuesday. I just hope my fine hair doesn't get tangled in them and necessitate using a scissors. I would  be very, very unhappy. She also suggested a flat iron but I'm debating that one. I have no intention of keeping it this length. It was very strange going there without even mascara on but since I haven't worn it in months....it makes my eyes itch. Not good. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Stunning, cool weather day here! Sharing if you need it. Smiley Happy 

kdgn, Smiley Happy such good advice about my hand.  I'm so impatient with myself.   This really set me back and is taking its sweet time to heal.    

I hurt my right ankle in high school too.  ITA, I still feel it when it is really damp.......especially in the winter.  I can predict snow with my ankle pain. LOL 

Wow, post a picture of someone with your similar hair cut, please.   Velco rollers are terrific. Good luck with them!   Let us know how it's going with the longer hair. 

My hair is getting shorter, yours is getting longer!  

I'm going to try making Pitty's apple butter recipe the end of September when we have visitors.  I'll let you know how I did with it. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a visit to the doc to see if it is healing as it should or if there is something else you can do to promote healing.

Yes, the fires out west are just horrible.  Know dawnsmom is out there where the smoke has really been a problem.  SIL is in basically the same area and she has told us the smoke in the air is really a problem.  I think about Noel as well since she is in the SF area.  @kdgn  hope it is not causing a problem for you.

I sure wish the rain from Sally could take a detour and go out west to hit all those states and help them extinguish those fires.  It is heart breaking for sure.

Have a vegetable soup going in the crock pot.  I have a couple of medical appointments today so thought I would something going early so I don't have to worry about supper later this evening.  Appointments are just routine exams, but need to get them marked off the list.

Roasted chicken sounds delish.  Especially with grapes!  Yum!

Well guess I should get going.  It will take me a while to get presentable.  LOL!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Hope you all had a good weekend. The weather here has been unseasonably cool, dry and sunny!  Just gawjis and fall-like. 

I'm starting to get the fall decorations together for the house.  I still have to buy mums, haybales and corn stalks. 

Next week, we'll have family with us all week.  So this week, I'm cleaning and setting up the house and guest room. 

I got my flu shot on Saturday.  

Tomorrow, Jersey has her spa day.  While my girl is getting gawjis, I'm going for a pedi!  It's relaxation Tues for us. 

kdgn, have you done any house projects? 

pitty,  how did the soup turn out?  I'll be making the apple butter next week! 

Found this new ice cream.  I'll let you know how it is. 
Breyers Layered Caramel Apple Pie Frozen Dairy Dessert, 1.5 qt Ice Cream |  Meijer Grocery, Pharmacy, Home & More!