Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

https://www.yesnetwork.com/yankees/news/monday-night-s-yankees-phillies-game-postponed?fbclid=IwAR1X...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

αѕк ѕнυяι ♡ ⚛️ - Thursday memes - Wattpad

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Just passing through to say hi. I had one eye done (cataracts) and my other eye will be done on Tuesday. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy  

A week ago Thursday, I tripped and fell.  I did not break my right hand,  I'm a righty,  but there is a lot of soft tissue damage.    It's wrapped and it's tender.   The swelling continues to go down, but there is still a way to go.  Typing is not easy, as you would expect.  

I'll check in as I can.  

Hope you are all well.  

Heart

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear you fell. Ouch....hope you heal quickly

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Hope you are well. Smiley Happy 

My hand is healing S L O W L Y!   I'm impatient, but I am icing it and elevating it.   Not working it too hard.   I'm getting really good at using my left hand. LOL 

Volunteering is really busy, as you can imagine!  I've had to cut back a bit. I can't type like I usually do.  I have kept up with calls. 

My Rose of Sharon is blooming so beautifully!  It's a purple flower like the one in the picture. 

Minerva Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub

It's been unusually humid and hot here this summer.   I'm so not happy about that. LOL    

Are your grands going to school or continue with remote learning?   

kdgn, do you know what your previous district is doing? 

pitty, what is Pumpkin doing? 

ocean, how are you doing?   

I've been watching hockey playoffs and baseball. I'm a happy lady! LOL  My Rangers were eliminated, as expected.     The Yankees are looking good, so far. 

I've not cooked anything new or good lately. Sticking to easy stuff or sammies. Mr. Donna has been a huge help since using my right hand is limited. 

We found a new ice cream place in the area. They make their own ice cream. Lots of  combos and different flavors, along with the standards. OMG, SO GOOD!  

Have a good Wednesday! 

Wear a mask! 

Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday! ❤️.. | Flowers, Beautiful flowers, Pretty flowers

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Best Happy Weekend Images! Always Updated Images!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, hope your hand is getting better.  I can't imagine having to type with my left hand.  lol

As you know I love Rose of Sharon!  I am not usually an ice cream fan.  I don't dislike it, but there are just so many other things that I like better.  But....it has been so hot and humid here that reading about you finding a new ice cream place in your area has me thinking now about getting some ice cream.  lol

Pumpkin has been helping us quite a bit this summer.  I have been trying to donate to our local group that has a food pantry for our small area.  Pumpkin has accompanied me to the grocery store a couple of times to shop just for the food pantry and then helped drop them off.  He really amazes me some times.  This last trip he suggested we get a type of cereal because even if someone didn't have milk at the time this type of cereal is just as good to eat dry as it is with milk.  He is always thinking.

Pumpkin is also a gamer so he now has plenty of time to spend playing those video games.  He has friends from all over so they arrange to get on there and play Mine Craft at a certain time.  They all have headsets so they can talk to each other, etc.  Usually we would be trying to get him to do something else other than playing that game, but it has been a positive during this time.  We all are staying in a "pod".  So he doesn't get to spend in person time with his local friends.  And in the same way, his friends that live close are in families where they are staying hunkered down and staying in their own pod.  So they all get online and play in addition to having other friends that are in other states.  It gives him something to do and he is able to talk and clown around with his friends.  So it works for now.

@kdgn, hope you have not melted by now!!!   I know it is hot out your way.  I am happy to report that I pickled a jar of jalapeno peppers.  Can't believe I did it successfully!  At least DH says they meet expectations.  lol  I even gave our yard guy a bunch of them since he loves to make salsa.  And they are still growing on those plants.  After all that, there is one plant that as I type...has at least 6 more that are ready to be picked.  About the only time I think I will be glad to see a plant start to wither.  I just can't handle any more peppers!  lol

Hope everyone is doing ok and at survive the hot weather many seem to be having.  

Donna, keep ice to that hand.  Hope it gets back to normal soon. Seriously, it is difficult when something happens to your dominant hand and you can't use it like usual.  Who knew we used it so much??  LOL  LOL 

Take care ladies and have a great day!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lost my mind since I also wanted to wave to Ocean!  Hope you are doing well.  Have been trying to keep an eye out for your area since it seems like anytime there is any kind of rain event in your area, it seems like you all can end up with flooding.  So hope there is no excessive rain in your area for sure!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *