Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Well Donna, at least if it was going to snow, the stuff didn't stick around long.  We had a hard freeze here.  I was able to pull all my potted plants into the garage and covered the other landscaping with sheets.  So mother nature added a big load of laundry to my list. lol   Well, at least I had time to do it.  LOL   LOL

It was chilly here today as well so I didn't get outside much.  

I had planned to get a bird feeder this spring and with the situation I just haven't.  I could order one online, but I don't know exactly what kind I want and just need to look at them to decide which one would work best.  We have all kinds of cardinals, blue jays, robins, and doves around here.  Love watching them.  I also have a little family of chipmunks.  DH has named them Chip and Dale.

Have fun at the grocery.  I plan on going tomorrow morning.  Next week I will do the pick up and have really considered basically doing the pick up more and more.  The wait times have decreased some so I guess we will just see.

DH and I are making a list of the things were like about our shutdown as things start to slowly change.  We have been doing that to be more aware of positive things instead of focusing on all the big changes and differences.  Honestly, we have done really well being around each other all the time.  But we miss seeing family of course.  Today, I added talking to friends and extended family on the phone.  Funny, how in the past we would always text and would meet for lunch, dinner....but it is nice to just have a one on one conversation with someone.  Don't know that I would have realized that without this experience.  So that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Stay safe ladies and sleep well.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

How is everyone doing? We hit the record books this month....4 days in a row with measurable snow......in May!!!!😳

Pitty, my friend passed away after being ill with coronavirus for 2 weeks. His poor wife was not allowed to see him for weeks and weeks. Got to see him briefly when he went to the ER, then not allowed to see him. Her 2 sons are unable to come to the funeral, not sure why...one lives in North Carolina and the other son lives in Vermont. And churches only allow "immediate " family and since there will be no family, she was told she could invite 3 friends and fortunately I'm one of them. How I wish I could give her a hug, but I can't.....So 😢.....

Thats about it for now. Continue to stay safe.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ok Donna, how did your grocery trip turn out?    I went Tuesday morning and was able to get that task marked off the list.

There was plenty of meat available.  Our Kroger did have a limit though with 3 purchases between beef and pork combined and 3 purchases of chicken.   

However, there were limited rice products.  I love the Uncle Ben's wild rice to fix with baked chicken and was able to grab one of the last boxes.  I was a happy camper!  The last couple of trips they didn't have any rice products at all.  So I roasted a chicken last night and fixed the wild rice.

Still no flour to be had, but I didn't need any flour.  They did have some toilet paper but I still have some so I didn't buy any.  

It rained almost the entire day yesterday and was chilly.  Good day to take on some inside chores.  

I also bought a Boston butt and DH has the smoker going to do pulled pork for tonight.  It is torture walking outside smelling that smoker going.  So with tummy growling I plan on trying to grab some lunch and get back outside to get some other things completed.

@Oceanjade, can't remember if I suggested this previously without looking back, but DD suggested a series on Netflix called Virgin River that she liked and thought I would as well.  Have watched several episodes and really like it so far.  It is about a nurse practitioner that moves out west to work with a doctor that is anything but thrilled to have her there.  You might like it if you have Netflix.

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Take care ladies!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod, wanted to let you and others know that Preds is not doing well. I know you notified us here that showme had passed away and thought I would pass on the information here as well.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @pitdakota   I just wrote on her thread.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

All is well here. I will write this week. 

Stay well. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Well reporting in to say I am pooped.  My mother used to say I am too pooped to pop and that is about how I feel.

Spent the last couple of days trying to help DD get ready to go back to work.  We had to order masks, disinfectant spray, gloves, etc. for her work.  Everything came in and I think she is good to go.  She goes back tomorrow.  I volunteered to order her an astronaut space suit and helmet, but she thought that might be over doing it a bit.  LOL!

OK, and here the quarantine has caught up with me...I now have jalapeno peppers, green peppers, a tomato plant, and romaine lettuce all planted in containers.  LOL!  Guess we will see how I do at container gardening.  I grow herbs every year....oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme, parsley, etc. so those have been planted for a while.   

And now I am having a war with chipmunks.  In the morning I arrive to the patio to find fresh dirt sprayed all over the patio and holes dug in the soil of all the containers.  But the little chipmunks are just too cute.  We see them all the time.  A neighbor told me to sprinke red pepper flakes in the soil so we will see if that works.  I don't want to hurt the chipmunks, but darn it one almost destroyed the romaine lettuce.  

Donna, good to know  you are doing well.

@kdgn & @Oceanjade hope you all are doing well.

Sleep well ladies and stay safe!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Hope everyone is doing well and is healthy. We are all fine here in central NY, Jersey and MA.   

We spent the weekend outside weeding, washing things down, and enjoying the deck.   Hubby has to replace two boards in the deck.  He'll get to that this coming weekend.  It's an opportunity for him to use power tools. Woohoo! LOL 

The deck furniture is out, and we're enjoying sitting on the shady deck.  Jersey enjoys being out there with us.  

The chipmunk are abundent here, pitty. I know the struggle is real.  They dig  in  the flower pots I've gotten ready for flowers.  There is dirt everywhere.   I'm sure you heard me call them every name in the book. LOL 

The perennials and trees are finally really blooming.  The previous owner was an avid gardener.  It looks so beautiful.  I'm learning how NOT to kill everything. lol 

We are having a local arborist/tree company come to take down some dead/questionable limbs on the two HUGE maple trees on the property.  We want to keep the trees healthy.  The provide shade and beauty to the yard.  

@kdgn  if you want pictures, I'll be glad to share with you.   The others have seen my pictures on FB.   I don't want you to feel out of the loop. 

I use your mom's expression too.   I think it was from an I Love Lucy show.   Still, one of the funniest shows, EVAH! 

Hope your DD's first day back was uneventful and went well.   Salons may open by the end of this week here, as far as I know.   Thinking of letting my hair go grey.  I've got at least 1 1/2 inches of root growth already.  Hair will be cut short over the summer.  Now may be the time to bite the bullet and do it.   

The vets' offices are open for well visits.   I made an appointment in July for Jersey's well check up and booster shots. 

I am hoping groomers can open soon. She needs a bath and grooming so badly.  My girl is a stinky mess.  She's too long for me to give her a bath.  She would be a matted mess. 

I've been watching dvred shows.  I am caught up with This Is Us and A Million Little Things.  I am not caught up with 9-1-1, Home Town,  and a few others.  There have been some fun new HGTV shows. 

I watched Sweet Magnolias on Netflix and very much enjoyed the ten episodes. I hope there is a season two.   Our Fran introduced me to Sherryl Woods and her series of books.  She would have loved the Netflix series.  

I've been doing more reading and cross stitch than usual, since there are no new sports on tv.  I do watch the classic Yankees and Rangers games on tv.   They will have to be good enough for now. 

pitty, what is Pumpkin doing this summer?  

My nephews and nieces all over the country are not sure what their summer will look like.  Some of their camps are not going to be in session.  Others are waiting for news.   

Hubby will work from home for the foreseeable future.   I  enjoy having him home.   The only down side?   I can't blast the music throughout the house like I used to. LOL 

Hope you have a good Tuesday!   

Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday Quotes and Sayings

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Be safe! Stay healthy. 

We are in phase 2 as of tomorrow.   Waiting to see how things go before diving into life.   

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning all,

Pitty, I'll have to check out  Virgin River.sounds interesting. I've been watching a lot of older movies.....some I saw almost 50 years ago which I can't believe, like "Goodbye Girl", Guess Who is Coming to Dinner, Goodbye Mr. Chips, even The Joker which was powerful.

Dmod, See, plants can survive your care!

Its hard to believe that June is almost here!

Stay well friends.