Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

@pitdakota wrote:

Donna, let us know how your zoom meeting goes.  

Had some of the beef tamale pie that was left over for lunch and it was still pretty tasty.  

Worked out in the yard quite a bit today.  Trimmed some of the dogwood trees since they are finished blooming here.  Getting ready to go back out and finish putting some things away and probably take another short walk.

Yes, in the memory of our Puppy......everyone check in or we have to send the posse out.  lol    Miss Puppy so much and think of her all the time. Heart

pitty, no Zoom meeting yet.   We all can't get a time when we are free. lol   So, I skype with whomever is available.  

My dogwood is just starting to get buds.  When we moved here in early summer, it had just bloomed.  The scent/aroma was just fabulous. *achooooooooo* 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oceanjade wrote:

Hello all....Pitty, I miss Puppy very much too and think of her all the time...Your hubby let you cut his hair? Great. I wonder if my hubby would have allowed me...LOL

Gloriajean, I live in the southern part of NY State. Dmod gets sunnier weather than we do. In fact several years ago their was a movie made here with Hugh Grant and Marisa Tomei called "The Rewrite" . In it there are constant references of the miserable, sunless and rainy weather here. It's a fun movie!

Dmod, did you talk with Peebs yet? It was fun talking with her. I haven't tried the Instacart shopping yet. Maybe someday...

I have a dear friend whose husband was just diagnosed with Coronavirus. He has been in rehab for months and was to be discharged last Wed...then they took the test...She hasn't been allowed to see him since February when this pandemic started. I'm worried about him as he is elderly. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't allowed to visit my DH when he was in rehabs for months at a time. I'd lose my mind.

I do miss DH so much....This Tuesday would have been our 30th anniversary.......

So be safe and stay well, dear friends.

ocean, I have not called yet.  I want to do it this week. Smiley Happy  I look forward to catching up with her. Smiley Happy 

I'm so sorry to hear your friend's news.  I will keep him in my prayers.  Please update us when you can. 

Sending hugs for your anniversary.  I hope your memories of that day put a smile on your face.  We're here if you want to share any. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Monday!❤️ | Door decorations

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

kdgn, how are you and your boy doing?  What has your weather been like?  I think unseasonably warm???  I thought that is what I heard.   

After a fabulous, mid 70s, sunny day yesterday, today is cool and raw....only in the mid 40s.   It's supposed to be like this all week, unseasonably cool.   

Yesterday, I weeded all  the gardens.  Oh my aching back! lol  I'm not as young as I think. lol    pitty, I can feel your pain after all your yard work.  

Next week, we are having an arborist look at two trees on the property. I think low hanging limbs may need to be cut. 

Can you smell tonight's dessert?  I made a coffee cake. YUMMY!  Help yourself to a slice! 

This week,  my big day out is Wednesday!   I have a list ready for the grocery store.  It's mostly staples.   

pitty, will you be able to see your kids on Sunday?     

We'll be skyping with Drummer Boy and his gf, as well as my dmil, on Sunday for Mother's Day.   

I haven't decided what I want for dinner yet.  I DO KNOW it will involve potatoes. lol You all know how much I love potatoes. lol  

Jersey is doing well. She's so happy having us home.  

Stay well, everyone. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, I went to the grocery this morning.  And I scored a big bottle of hand sanitizer.  Completly by accident, wasn't even looking for it.  I have discovered the Dove foaming hand soap that I l keep by the kitchen sink so I decided to just check and see if they had it at Kroger.  And there on the shelf was the big ole bottles of Germ X hand sanitizer.  But alas, no Dove foaming hand soap.  I usually have the soap from Bath and Body Works, but the Dove works really well and is a smaller bottle to keep by the kitchen sink.

As they are opening up our state, it is a slow transition.  We are still not supposed to socialize with people outside our household until May 25 so no being with the kiddos for Mother's day. I told the kiddos that all I wanted for Mother's Day was for everyone to be well. And I truly mean that. 

The state is slowly beginning to open up.   Phase 1 will include medical and dental health, some forward facing businesses, hair salons, barber shops, pet grooming, and church.  Those areas will be phased in over the month of May.  Same day medical procedures and doctors' offices have been open for a week now.  They will gradually phase in the others as we move through the month with salons and such opening toward the end of the month.

Phase 2 will be retail and possiblly resturants which starts in June.

Carry out and curb side service from resturants has been available all along here.  

May 25 is the date given for social gatherings of up to 10 people outside household members, so that is when I will get to see the kiddos.  

Have to say everyone around us in our neighborhood has been really abiding by the recommendations.  Almost everyone around me is home, but no one has had people over, no parties, etc.  There is sidewalk chalk drawings all over the driveways, bunny hunts, rainbow drawings on the doors and windows.

Our governor has asked that people use green lights in memory of those lost every day and almost everyone around here now has green light bulbs for porch lights which are on all night.  It really is a touching sight to see all the houses with their green porch lights on at night.  In cities around the state, they have court houses that are illuminated green, bridges that are lit, etc.  Hopefully, it is a way to let the family members know that people do care. 

Coffee cake sounds delicious!  I will provide the coffee.  LOL!

Be careful doing that weeding.  Love the pictures of your flowers.  DD found a nursery that did curb side pick up, so I order some herbs, a tomato plant, and a green pepper plant.  lol   We will see how I do with the tomato and green pepper plant.  Don't hold your breath!! 

Stay safe ladies and sleep well.

kdgn, check in.....need to hear about your hot weather since it is cool in my area and apparently Donna's area too!  lol

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Oceanjade, I know I am absolutely shocked he let me cut it.  LOL!  But evidently the argument that if I messed it up, no one else was going to see it anyway won him over.  LOL!  

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband.  I think that is one of the things that really gets me about this horrendous disease.  Not only is thise disease totally unpredictable, people can't be with their loved ones.  That just has to be horrible.  And I think it is also hard on the nurses taking care of those patients/residents too.  We know all too well how sad it is when you have a patient that doesn't have visitors or family.  Just horrible all the way around.

Keep us updated on him and will keep him in my prayers.

And by the way, thinking of you today since it would have been your anniversary.  Know you miss him and it has to be hard.  So sending you gentle, virus free hugs!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Taco Tuesday at Tregaron! - Tregaron Golf Course

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

It's Taco Tuesday on Cinco de Mayo!  Woohooo!  Tacos and margaritas for everyone!  

Amazon.com: GT Graphics Tacos And Margarita - Vinyl Sticker ...

It's a GAWJIS day in CNY.  It's sunny and highs about 50, my kinda weather!  

pitty, I'm so glad you found hand sanitizer.  I use Sensitive Formula  Dove Foaming Hand Soap at the sinks too.  I have to be careful what I use due to allergies. 

I'm pleased to hear most people are using their best judgment when outside their home.    Most people are here, as well.   The numbers are going down and parts of NY will be SLOWLY opening up.   This area is doing well, so it will implemented sooner rather than later. 

We'll be skyping with my Drummer Boy on Sunday.   We skype very often and I so enjoy it.  It's good to see his cutie pie face.   His gf is so adorable and kind.   It's fun to chat with them.  Jersey is the star of the conversation. lol   I'm grateful and blessed they enjoy doing it as much as we do. 

May 25th can't come soon enough for you, I'm sure. 

I posted this on FB and will here too...... Sweet Magnolias coming to Netflix on May 19th.  Sweet Magnolias is a series of books by Sherryl Woods.  I've read them all and very much looking forward to the series.  Our dear Fran introduced me to the author. 

I just started reading Viola Shipman's newest book, The Heirloom Garden.   

Tomorrow is my big day out. I'm going to the grocery store to replenish staples and look for a few extras.  I hope I am as lucky as pitty. lol   If not, you'll hear me.  lol  

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!   

Stay home!  If you have to go out, wear a mask, please. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello all...Dmod, I also love seeing photos of your flowers. We are expecting snow on Friday evening!! Are you? I almost thought Spring was here as our temps were in the 70's. I should have known better.

Pitty, our area should be lifting some restrictions on May 15 as people had been great at isolating at home. But it needs to be done in phases....But it could all change in an instant if people aren't cooperative. I talked with my friend whose husband has Covid-19. He has no appetite,is weak, and she said he "sounded terrible". She feels so helpless. Thanks for your prayers for them.

Tomorrow is my Wegmans day....will naturally be wearing a mask and 2 pair of plastic gloves. I take off the top pair when I get in my car so it doesn't touch my steering wheel.

Stay safe.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Oceanjade, will continue to keep your friend's husband in my prayers.  We have a sports writer here that is in his early 40s and was in great physical shape.  He contracted Covid-19 and had to go to the hospital.  Once there he really continued to decline and ended up being intubated and placed on a ventilator.

He did make it though and spent 2 weeks in the hospital.  I think we both of us being nurses, we understand that you are really sick spending 2 weeks in the hospital, even in the days of this coronavirus.

Anyway, he made it and was discharged home.  All the local channels have interviewed him because he is so popular here locally.  But he had been home for almost 2 weeks before he agreed to the interview.  And at that point he could barely walk to his own mailbox because he was just so fatigued.  He talked about how he had to take a particular lap in the hospital and maintain a pulse ox of at least 92 to be discharged.  He had to try several different days before he met that criteria for discharge.

So I think this really takes a toll on the body and really takes some time to rehab from it.  This guy was in great physical health and it about did him in, so I don't take it lightly at all.

Guess you are getting snow about now.  Hope your trip to Wegman's went well.  Did you ever find any disinfectants or disinfectant wipes?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, happy to report I am staying home and only go out to go to the grocery of pick up DH's prescriptions.  You should see me when I go pick up the meds.  LOL!  I go through the drive through so I don't have to go out.  There are 2 lanes, but I always go to the one that has the little drawer they slide out so I don't have to touch the tube that is in the other lane.  

And when the credit card comes back out, I take it and wipe it down with a wipe before putting it back in my wallet.  Then more hand sanitizer and sanitize the hands before touching anything else in the car.  lol

Glad you are getting to skype with Drummer Boy and his girlfriend.  It does help to be able to see them and just chat.  We have skyped quite a bit with the kiddos and really enjoy doing so.

I will make a note about the Netflix show.  DD recommended a show on Netflix she thought I would like called Virgin River.  I have watched about 3 shows now really like it.  Should have mentioned this to @Oceanjade since it is about a nurse practitioner.  But it takes place out west with some beautiful scenery.

Made lemon chicken tonight.  It was quick, easy, and tasted pretty good.  So it fits the bill.  Also made some banana bread so help yourself!

@kdgn, hope you are doing well.  Think of you often.

Worry about Moons and hoping they are really sticking to stringent protocols there.  But since she is in NJ, have more faith that they are really being careful.

Don't think I heard a big holler from up that way Donna, so guess you found most of what you needed at the grocery.  lol, but still crossing fingers you were able to get most of what you needed.

Take care ladies and stay safe!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Happy Monday!  

Hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day.   I certainly did.  Lots of pampering, delicious food (take in) and skyping with friends and family. We were together, separately. 

Today, it is cool and cloudy. Over the weekend, it snowed.   Nothing stuck, but it was cold (high of 34) and it snowed on and off throughout the day.  It stuck to the grassy surfaces, but that's it. 

Today, I saw my first Eastern Bluebird, the NY state bird, at the feeder. He was eating along side an Eastern Goldfinch, the state bird of Jersey.  

Today, I weeded for about an hour or so.  Jersey was enjoying being on the deck, relaxing and watching me work. LOL 

Wednesday is my big day out to the grocery store.   Don't be jealous. LOL 

Hope everyone is well.  Keep safe!    

Plantageddon: What to Do to Protect Your Spring Flowers From Frost ...