Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Ocean!  Nice to see you!  Snow yet? Are you in PA or what state has the snow?  It's all dry here now, hope the snow stays away now.  

Thanks for the birthday greetings!  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod, I am so very sorry about your dear friend.  It just brings it home doesn't it?  I heard from one of my former nursing students yesterday, she contracted the virus while working and just got home from the hospital.  She was really sick and is still really weak.  This virus is nothing to play around with for sure.

@Oceanjade, I am so glad you have the social media too.  It really does help to stay in touch with others.  Glad you are able to get out to the grocery.  I did my first pick up order this past Friday.  It went very well and could not have been easier.  The only thing is the amount of time waiting for a day to pick up.  I placed the order on Monday and had to wait until Friday afternoon.  But, I knew the wait time is considerable and was able to take that into account and placed the order well before I ran out of items.  So it worked out just fine.

@gloriajean, so good to see you.  Hope your PT is going well and hope you are able to get the brace off soon.  Happy birthday a few days early.  Brats sound pretty good.  And maybe as a belated birthday present your x-ray will determine you do get the brace removed!   Thanks to Darla for continuing her very necessary work.  I am sure she does not want to take any chance to expose you.   

I am now retired. Although I was playing Donna earlier in the virus situation with trying to work to obtain PPE for our health care workers.  You know how Donna is always on the phone volunteering, helping? Well she set a good example for me.  I was on the phone, Facebook, email you name it....we tried every which way we could to obtain items.  

Right now I am staying put.  Our governor has asked those of us that are retired nurses that are on the volunteer list to stay in the state in case they need us here.  Well that and the fact that you would have to quarantine for 2 weeks when returning from wherever you went out of state to serve and not be available if they needed you during that time. 

They really worked out a great plan here in which the major hospital systems in the state developed somewhat of a rotation system to send groups of nurses and APRNs currently employed but could be spared by the hospital to New York and Detroit.  That somewhat saves the retired volunteers here to be called up if needed and also helps to ensure that other nurses employed by the hospital stay employed.  

Stay safe ladies and have a peaceful and enjoyable Sunday afternoon!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

It's a gawjis day in CNY.  The sun is out, the sky is blue and the temps are near 50!   I've been on the deck with Jersey most of the afternoon. I've been on the phone and  computer volunteering and playing with her.  

gloria, yes, we moved to central NY for hubby's job. Happy birthday! Hope your wrist is feeling better soon and your brace is history!  Enjoy the day with your family. Smiley Happy 

ocean, I hope both of our areas are done with snow!   My big day out is Wednesday!  My mask, shopping list and coupons are ready to go!  

kdgn, what day is your big day out? lol  

pitty, thank you for the kind words.  I hope your former student feels better asap.  Please keep us updated. 

Tonight's dinner?  Chicken fajitas. Help yourself. Smiley Happy 

It's Monday, time to Sparkle & Shine! #Younique #ClickImageToShop ...

Enjoy the rest of your day. Smiley Happy  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, it was gorgeous here today too.  Beautiful crystal blue sky.  Temp made it up to 65.  And I am worn out.  LOL   Did some yard work and then decided it was a beautiful day to clean out the garage.  Nice breeze coming through, not hot...but boy did I get carried away.  lol  

It just seemed silly not to take advantage of the opportunity.  I mean I need to look on the bright side right?  No calls from someone asking to meet them somewhere, etc.  So I even pulled out the shelves from the walls and swept just for good measure.  Just hope I can walk tomorrow.  lol  

We took advantage of a local resturant tonight to try and give them some support.  Really neat set up, call in the order, they take all information by phone and then give you a number.  Then you pull up right by the door, call and give them your number, and then bring the food right out to your car.  And as usual, the food was delish.  I was also grateful since I was tired and didn't feel like fixing supper *snicker*.  

Donna, I am worried about the former student of course, she is still really struggling with fatigue but really glad to be out of the hospital.  Worried about all the health care workers and first responders out there working their tales off with some of them becoming infected.  

Sat on the porch tonight and watched the sunset.  We have had some beautiful sunset.  Have to think it is due to less air pollution that we have had so many gorgeous ones so many nights in a row.

Hope everyone is staying safe & doing well.  Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

It's a rainy, damp day in CNY.  Hope the weather is better near you.   

Yesterday, it was stunning here. The sun was out, blue sky, temps around 60.  We spent most of the day outside on the deck.  Jersey loved it! 

Last night for dinner, we picked up some burgers from a local restaurant.   They were delicious, as well the generous sides that came with them.  

There is stew in the crock pot right now. Can you smell it?   The house smells so good right now.   That is for tomorrow's dinner. 

Tonight, we are having meatball heroes and a green salad with lots of leftover veggies thrown in.   I baked brownies for dessert. Help yourself. Smiley Happy 

This week, I have lots of paperwork to catch up on and some deep, spring cleaning to do. 

Do you have anything special planned to do from home? 

Drummer Boy and his gf are fine.  We skyped over the weekend with them and family all over the US.  

Has anyone used Zoom?   I think we may try this next weekend with all of hubby's brothers and sister. 

As you can imagine, volunteering has been SUPER BUSY.  Only 191 days left of hard work. 

I've been calling different friends throughout these isolated weeks.   It's been so great getting to catch up during the day and having the time to really chat. Smiley Happy 

Hope everyone has a safe, healthy week.  

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile Atricapillus) Perched On A Branch ...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

pitty, how is your student doing? ITA, the air is much cleaner due to not as many on the roads, industry, etc. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, she is doing better but says she is still trying to "get her legs" underneath her.  Still not up to par she says, but no further problems breathing.  She has done some telehealth appointments with the docs and they are pleased with her progress.  She is due to be tested I think this week.  She has to have 2 negative tests before she can go out, but according to her she is not physically able to go anywhere and really doesn't have any inclination to so either.  

It rained yesterday and through the morning here then cleared out late afternoon.  It is also a little on the chilly side here, but supposed to warm up tomorrow.  

I have used zoom for meetings and used it with DD a couple of times.  It worked well, but every time the other person set it up and all I had to do was sign on.  lol   

Used the rainy weather yesterday as a motivation to cook and bake.  I made a beef tamale pie (which turned out well) and a skillet apple pie.  I actually cut DH's hair today.  I think that is the first time I have ever seen him tremble....lol, lol.  I had to reassure him no one was really going to see it anyway. Smiley LOL  Took a picture and sent it to DD and she did reply "not bad, lol".   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning from rainy CNY.  Smiley Happy 

pitty, I am so pleased to hear your former student is doing better and better!  Whew!  Continued forward progress to her. TY for the update. Smiley Happy 

Tamale pie?  YUMMY!   Everything you made sounds delish!   Any leftovers for me to try? lol lol 

I would take your daughter's positive comments as a GOLD star!  Good for you!   I buzz hubby's hair.   He doesn't have much, so it's very easy to buzz it short. LOL  

My roots are getting wider and wider! lol  Good thing I am going nowhere, except for a grocery store once a week.  I need a haircut, as well. It's wildly out of shape. I look like a wild woman. LOL 

Anyone else suffering with allergies. OMG, they are off the charts for me.   Thank goodness for Benedryl.  

Hope everyone has a good Monday.  Check in, don't make me call/email you. LOL     Just want to be sure you are okay. Smiley Happy 

30 Best Memes To Start Monday The Right Way | SayingImages.com

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, let us know how your zoom meeting goes.  

Had some of the beef tamale pie that was left over for lunch and it was still pretty tasty.  

Worked out in the yard quite a bit today.  Trimmed some of the dogwood trees since they are finished blooming here.  Getting ready to go back out and finish putting some things away and probably take another short walk.

Yes, in the memory of our Puppy......everyone check in or we have to send the posse out.  lol    Miss Puppy so much and think of her all the time. Heart

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello all....Pitty, I miss Puppy very much too and think of her all the time...Your hubby let you cut his hair? Great. I wonder if my hubby would have allowed me...LOL

Gloriajean, I live in the southern part of NY State. Dmod gets sunnier weather than we do. In fact several years ago their was a movie made here with Hugh Grant and Marisa Tomei called "The Rewrite" . In it there are constant references of the miserable, sunless and rainy weather here. It's a fun movie!

Dmod, did you talk with Peebs yet? It was fun talking with her. I haven't tried the Instacart shopping yet. Maybe someday...

I have a dear friend whose husband was just diagnosed with Coronavirus. He has been in rehab for months and was to be discharged last Wed...then they took the test...She hasn't been allowed to see him since February when this pandemic started. I'm worried about him as he is elderly. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't allowed to visit my DH when he was in rehabs for months at a time. I'd lose my mind.

I do miss DH so much....This Tuesday would have been our 30th anniversary.......

So be safe and stay well, dear friends.