Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Happy Tuesday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr ...

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Hope everyone continues to be healthy and doing well.   All is fine here.  

Today is sunny but chilly.   LOVE this weather. Jersey and I have been out for a long walk today. 

The spring flowers are starting to come to life.   I hear leaf blowers around the neighborhood.  I think spring is slowly making its way here. 

Tonight, we are having sloppy joes for dinner. I have not had sloppy joes in a million years!      There is plenty.  Help yourself. Smiley Happy 

If anyone is looking for a delicious tasting, flavored seltzer, Polar is the brand for you. Other brands taste fake to me.  This one is really good. 

Enjoy your day. Have a great evening. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, It is chilly here too and going to be colder tomorrow.  We might not get out of the 30s tomorrow.  A little unusual for us, but heck I am not complaining at this point.  

Our trees are in bloom here and they are beautiful.  

I have to laugh about your sloppy joes.  That is one thing I whined about to DH last night.  I am just not that adept at meal planning having to make due with what we have.  lol    I am not one that can take leftovers or something else on hand and just come up with a meal.  I have to think and stew....... lol

So, we have had quite a few things that we don't normally eat.  Or something that we don't eat that often we have had multiple times.  LOL!  Mostly, I miss the fresh produce.  Right now I am hunkered down and not going out and the waiting period for delivery is a little long.  So I have to try and stretch things like lettuce out without it spoiling either.  lol

Oh well, it is a learning curve.  But on the positive side, we are not starving by any means.  Just adjusting to a new normal.

Give Jersey ear scratches for me.

@kdgn, hope you are okay and hanging in there!  And speaking of food....I am drooling thinking about your tri tip roast!!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Well ladies it is bright and sunny here today, but really chilly.  Had to cover the azelas last night.  I uncovered them earlier today and hope they did ok.  

Have to say I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone yesterday.  I was talking with a friend and we were laughing about how in "times past" we saw each other frequently so a text message here or there worked.  Now, we need to acutally spend time on the phone.  lol   

Have a grocery order placed for pick up this Friday.  Guess we will see what I actually get.  Our cases are on the upswing here so I decided to just do the pick up and not go out.  

Donna, where JBJ surprised the kids on their lesson.  That was too cool, can't imagine the parents' reactions if they were around their kid and saw him pop up on their screen!

Hope all are staying safe.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All is fine here at my abode. Spring weather returns and then goes away.... With all the rain we had last week my yard is lush and green. Thank heavens lawn crews are considered essential workers otherwise I'd have a difficult time finding the dog. Not to mention a real reluctance on his part to do his business with grass up to his ears. He's not a small dog either!

I see so many plants in your photos Donna that would never survive here. Lucky you! My rose bush out front has buds, forgot to check the ones out back. Oops. The hills are very colorful with the poppies and desert flowers in bloom. Can't go to the poppy preserve, it's closed, but a virtual tour is available. 

24 days without leaving the house other than to check the mailbox. Smiley Happy  It doesn't bother me at all but then again, I have what I need for now. A niece and her husband made a Costco run yesterday morning and were successful. He's a first responder and they were able to enter the store early-a new policy. My city council passed an ordinance two weeks or more ago that masks are to be worn in public. Guess our mayor is ahead of the curve when it comes to handling all this. Aerospace companies have really stepped in here too-we are thankful. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Waving to @kdgn, good to see you and glad to hear things are quiet out your way.   I was about to post in Puppy's honor and say we were going to have to send the posse for you as soon as we found bandanas for them to wear while riding.  lol

Too funny about not being able to find the dog in the yard if you weren't able to have your lawn service!  And I hear ya....lawn services are considered essential services here as well.  I can just see us trying to purchase a lawn mower and have it delivered to the house.  lol  Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that.

Donna's flowers are pretty aren't they.  The only thing I have blooming here are azaleas and dogwood trees in the yard. I bet the poppies and desert flowers are gorgeous and glad you have a view of them.

Also glad to hear you have what you need.  The Sam's and Cotsco stores here also have hours specifically for health care workers and first responders.  Think that is a great service for those people and glad they are doing that.

Good to hear you have a proactive mayor.  Makes all the difference in the world. I have said a million times over the past several weeks how fortunate we are to have our governor here.  Pshew!  

I have only been out twice to the grocery and once to go through the drive through to pick up a prescription refill for DH.  Scheduled for my first pick up this afternoon at Kroger.  Guess we will see how it goes.  Kroger has stepped up here big time in our state, by sponsoring testing sites and providing ARNPs to do testing.  Another lab has developed the testing kits so the joint effort has certainly helped.

Guess I need to change out of my sweats and get ready for the grocery pick up.  It has been chilly here and is raining today.  Not to mention that it might take me an extended period of time to get ready since I may have forgotten where the makeup is, etc.  LOL!  

Stay safe everyone!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

All is fine here at my abode. Spring weather returns and then goes away.... With all the rain we had last week my yard is lush and green. Thank heavens lawn crews are considered essential workers otherwise I'd have a difficult time finding the dog. Not to mention a real reluctance on his part to do his business with grass up to his ears. He's not a small dog either!

I see so many plants in your photos Donna that would never survive here. Lucky you! My rose bush out front has buds, forgot to check the ones out back. Oops. The hills are very colorful with the poppies and desert flowers in bloom. Can't go to the poppy preserve, it's closed, but a virtual tour is available. 

24 days without leaving the house other than to check the mailbox. Smiley Happy  It doesn't bother me at all but then again, I have what I need for now. A niece and her husband made a Costco run yesterday morning and were successful. He's a first responder and they were able to enter the store early-a new policy. My city council passed an ordinance two weeks or more ago that masks are to be worn in public. Guess our mayor is ahead of the curve when it comes to handling all this. Aerospace companies have really stepped in here too-we are thankful. 

kdgn, I don't mind being home, either.  There is more than enough to keep me busy, but.............like you, not under these circumstances.  

Good for your mayor!   As of today, we must wear a mask too.  I have to be honest, I've been doing it for two weeks now, as well as so many others I've seen at the grocery store. 

Same weather here too.  One day it is spring, the next, winter.   Possible snow tonight into tomorrow.  About an inch is expected.  Temps this week have been in the high 30s low 40s.   Unseasonably cold. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Waving to @kdgn, good to see you and glad to hear things are quiet out your way.   I was about to post in Puppy's honor and say we were going to have to send the posse for you as soon as we found bandanas for them to wear while riding.  lol

Too funny about not being able to find the dog in the yard if you weren't able to have your lawn service!  And I hear ya....lawn services are considered essential services here as well.  I can just see us trying to purchase a lawn mower and have it delivered to the house.  lol  Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that.

Donna's flowers are pretty aren't they.  The only thing I have blooming here are azaleas and dogwood trees in the yard. I bet the poppies and desert flowers are gorgeous and glad you have a view of them.

Also glad to hear you have what you need.  The Sam's and Cotsco stores here also have hours specifically for health care workers and first responders.  Think that is a great service for those people and glad they are doing that.

Good to hear you have a proactive mayor.  Makes all the difference in the world. I have said a million times over the past several weeks how fortunate we are to have our governor here.  Pshew!  

I have only been out twice to the grocery and once to go through the drive through to pick up a prescription refill for DH.  Scheduled for my first pick up this afternoon at Kroger.  Guess we will see how it goes.  Kroger has stepped up here big time in our state, by sponsoring testing sites and providing ARNPs to do testing.  Another lab has developed the testing kits so the joint effort has certainly helped.

Guess I need to change out of my sweats and get ready for the grocery pick up.  It has been chilly here and is raining today.  Not to mention that it might take me an extended period of time to get ready since I may have forgotten where the makeup is, etc.  LOL!  

Stay safe everyone!

Lawn services are essential here, as well.  Not all lawn services, though..................cutting and chemicals.   Other stuff, not so m uch.   Not sure if I will be able to plant flowers this year.  

kdgn, I bet the flowers look stunning.  Jersey does not like to go in tall grass, either.  She's particular. LOL 

pitty, I've not used my hot rollers in a while!  Natural wave and no make up is the norm here. lol 

I made over 50 meatballs today.  Using some tonight. The rest are going in the freezer for future dinners. 

We lost a dear family friend to this virus yesterday.   Smiley Sad   

Hope you all have a great weekend!   Don't be jealous, I'll be weeding the flower beds. lol lol 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies!
Well we got 3 inches of snow but will melt soon as temp will go in the 40s today and 50s tomorrow. Typical Spring in NY State.

Dmod, love the flowere

Pitty, have been inside except going to Wegmans once a week. Of course, I'm always wearing a mask and gloves.

im so glad I can keep in touch by social media and phone.

Hang in there gang.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hello ladies!  Let's hope we can be amongst people again soon.  My daughter, Lori hasn't been over since March 21st when we all celebrated my husband's birthday that night.  We still go often to Darla's helping with the twins etc. she and her husband work from home. She is homeschooling the girls.  Well, we all decided for my 80th birthday on Tuesday, we will all celebrate it in Darla's back yard, Lori can come for that, just can't go iniside, she says. She works hard at being a Hospice Nurse so she's careful to not expose us.  We will have brats on the grill. The weather should be in the 60's.so it won't be too cold.  I get X-rayed next Friday to see how the bone is healing in my wrist and if I can get rid of the brace.  I go to PT every Friday.

Pitty, do you still work? 

Donna, did you move?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Gloria, great to see you. Sorry about your wrist. I want to wish you an early Happy Birthdays 🎂 

Correction....last night we got 5 inches of snow, not 3.......😷