Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Image result for happy sunday spring images

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Sunny and seasonable here  today....highs in the low to mid 40s.  Possible snow showers, with little accumulation, is expected tonight into tomorrow.   

Jersey was groomed the other day.  The groomer, the next day, had to close her shop due to the Gov's new, stricter regulations.   

The salons are also closed.   What is going to happen in about 4 weeks when I desperately need a color and cut. Smiley Wink lol My wisdom highlights will be in full view, especially near the roots. LOL    

pitty, I wish your dd lived closer. She could do my hair for me.   Who knows, this might be the perfect time to let it go grey?  lol   Nah, I like my highlights too much. 

St. Patrick's decorations are down.  Easter/spring are up.  Boy are they going to look silly if it snows here tomorrow. lol   

ocean,  I don't blame you for being upset with the hoarders. I don't have wipes either. I did find liquid cleaners and sponges. I hope you were able to find similiar items.  ITA, thank goodness we have multiple ways of keeping in touch with friends and loved ones.    My allergies are off the charts and this is just the start of spring. lol Pass the tissues.   I feel bad for Peebs. Smiley Sad   I'm sure she is going crazy at home. 

kdgn, what are you doing to pass the time?   I'm reading a bit more since there are no sports for me to watch.   I'm doing crossstich again.  I can do some volunteering at home on the computer, so I am keeping that up.   I've got a lot of organizing in the basement to do.   

I miss my sports!  Yes, I am whining.   Wear your earplugs. LOL

I think this week, most of  the shows I watch are done for the season.  I am going to have to find something else to watch in the evenings.    

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have Netflix too. 

Tonight, I'm making roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and green beans. Help yourself. There is plenty!   

We tried these the other night. https://www.haagendazs.us/products/spirits/irish-cream-brownie-ice-cream

I bought them as part of dessert for our dinner party.......which we had to cancel.  OMG, they are DELICIOUS!  

Hubby continues to work from home.  Smiley Happy   I enjoy having him at home.   The only downside is I can't blast my music throughout the house during the day.   lol 

Did you see my Jon and Chicago bringing people together?  https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/03/21/chicago-singalong-of-livin-on-a-prayer-unites-thousands-in-c...

See ya tomorrow. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Dinner sounds delish Donna!  We actually had breakfast for supper.  We had some ham left over so I warmed that, had eggs, hash browns, and toast.  Heck, I even threw in some orange juice telling DH we also have to do things to keep our immune systems functioning at top speed.  LOL   LOL

I hardly even eat breakfast, just can't even look at food when I first get up in the morning.  Give me coffee and I am good to go.  So it was a treat for me.  lol

Maybe we will fly DD up on a broom and have her do your hair Donna!  Well, that would technically violate all the things we are doing to mitigate this virus.  I am fortunate that she can cut and color my hair.  

As far as Netflix we watched the movie The 2 Popes last night.  It was okay and some parts were interesting to me.  DH really liked it.  Some of my friends really like Outlander.  I haven't started that yet, although I keep saying I am going to watch a show or two to see if I like it.  

I am not sure if Jack Ryan is Netflix or Amazon Prime, but we both like that series.

Well, there are obviously benefits to canceling a dinner party aren't there?  Those treats sound really good.

Spent a good part of the day yesterday/last night on the phone, email, etc. with other nursing groups to see what we could do to address the shortage of PPE.  I was so touched, a couple of people I know that sew took the instructions for making fabric masks and are making some.  I, on the other hand, don't sew nor do I have a sewing machine.  I feel so totally helpless.  And I take this seriously.  I have all kinds of students that are out there as nurses now.  And I feel totally helpless to be able to help in any beneficial way.  Hate to hear what they are being asked to do.

DH and I went for a drive this evening. We laugh and call it our drive to nowhere.  We just get in and go for a nice drive just to get out of the house.  We were able to walk today since it wasn't raining, so that was nice too. 

I feel for Peebs too.  So many people impacted. 

I bet you do miss your sports.  DH is also talking about how it just doesn't seem right for it to be March without March madness.  lol

Hope everyone is doing okay.  Stay in and stay safe!! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for chickadee spring

Happy Wednesday, friends, Smiley Happy 

Hope you are doing well and staying healthy.  All is going well in central NY.  We are healthy and staying home. 

pitty, your breakfast-dinner sounded delicious!  You gave me an idea to do this with buttermilk pancakes. I have buttermilk leftover from baking soda breads. 

Pleeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzze, have your DD fly up here.  I'll send my best broom to pick her up. LOL   It's going to be ugly in a few weeks. LOL 

Thanks for all the tv viewing suggestions!  

What do you call a line of rabbits marching backwards?
A receding hare line.   LOL LOL 

We had a few inches of snow here the other day.   It's gone already.   The weather has been seasonable.....mid 40s.   Today was mostly cloudy, but the sun is out now and the sky is blue. 

Who has bought chocolate Easter eggs.........only to eat them NOW?   I can't be the only one. LOL 

kdgn, the other housemates have seen some pictures I 've posted on FB.  I'll send you emails with those pictures. I don't want you out of the loop. 

Heading out with Jersey for a walk.   

Have a good evening. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I just lost my looonnnggg post.....

Pitty, lucky you to have DD help with your hair. If worse comes to worse, I can try to wear one of my wigs after my brain surgery but they might not fit now because I have hair....lol

Dmod, loved the drone over Skaneatles!

Hang in there guys!!❣️

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Waving to @Oceanjade!   I am lucky to have DD, but she is refusing to come close right now.  She is bound and determined to limit our exposure.  I tell her that is fine for her father, but when did I become a senior citizen?  lol So I may be wearing a wig before this is all over myself!  lol  

Donna, you know that barbecue sauce you recommended I freeze?  Well I did so, but used it tonight.  So thanks for the suggestion that I wasn't thinking about.  It was beautiful here today so DH grilled chicken and we used that sauce.    

Jersey is gorgeous, as always.  She is such a sweetheart!

Did laundry today.   Whoohoo!  lol  I am having a time trying to keep up with email.  As you can imagine, there are lots of messages from groups out there.  But on the positive note, quite a bit of positive progress of those efforts in obtaining personal protective equipment to hospitals in the state.

Take care everyone!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I will read back and respond soon.  All is well here. 

Just wanted to wish our dear Fran a happy birthday.   I believe she would have been 81 years old today.   I hear her singing with the angels.  She had a beautiful voice and sang Don Williams songs to me over skype.  

Miss you, dear friend.  Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Learn About Crocus Bulbs

Good morning, 

Cloudy, but not rainy, today. 

pitty, you'll be showing your wisdom highlights just like the rest of us. LOL     I'm so pleased the sauce defrosted well and worked well.  

All is going well in central NY.   We are only going out when necessary..........maybe once a week.   Most days, I take a long walk with her.   No one is on out on my block.  Many are staying at their winter homes in Florida or Georgia longer than expected. 

Jersey is LOVING having both of us home with her 24/7. 

Every day I listen to my Gov., Gov. Cuomo,  for honest, reliable, fact based updates.  If you get an opportunity to listen to him, please do.  I wasn't a fan before moving here. He has won me over since the covid stuff has happened. 

Let's enjoy tea and shortbread together. There are no germs is this house. LOL LOL 

Cup of tea and shortbread biscuits Stock Photo: 83158572 - Alamy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That cup of tea looks very soothing.  I notice it has cream in it, something I haven't tried.  Although, my British friends do though.  lol

Glad to report it has really been a very nice day here today.  The weather was beautiful & for once I had time away from the phone & email to enjoy it!   I worked outside mainly pulling weeds, but somehow I didn't mind it.  lol   It was just great to get outside and do some work. 

There were many out walking.  A few of the neighbors as they would walk by would stop and chat for just a bit.  Of course they were still on the sidewalk and we were well more than even 10 feet apart, but it was nice to chat for just a moment.  We have had a text group of some neighbors going just to make sure that everyone is okay and doesn't need anything, but it was good to see people.

Have to say, not much going on in the neighborhood here.  Everyone seems to be hunkered down.  We have a young couple across the street with 2 little ones.  While I was working outside, I saw the grandparents pull in their driveway.  They got out and stood by the vehicle in the driveway and all 4 of them came to their front porch and waved to grandma and grandpa.  It was so sweet and I felt their pain. lol  

Our neighborhood of course has the next door neighbor app, but they also have a Facebook page.  Both are very active.  There are some cute things going through those sources I imagine are going on all kinds of other places as well.  One was a challenge for kids to draw rainbows on sidewalks for people to see as they walked.  The latest one is to place a stuffed bear or some type of stuffed animal on your front porch for people to see as they drive through or take a walk.  Of course, I had to search to find one, but I did find a stuffed bear and he is sitting on our front porch. 

The vast majority of days, I have listened to Gov. Cumo as well.  Our governor does daily press briefings at 5:00 every day.  So I listen to him every day.  Of course, I know this comes as a shock.......but I am a data person, so I have been keeping my own data so out of my own interest to try and track trends, information.  

Glad you and Jersey are out to get out and take a walk. I bet she enjoys it and I bet it is nice for you to get out of the house for a bit.  Jersey will be spoiled when we get passed this and E isn't there every day.  lol  

I hope everyone is well and staying safe!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Getting ready to go outside and do some yard work.  It does this sould good to do that these days.  Funny how I always looked at that as a chore, but now I look forward to it because it is different scenery than the inside of the house.  lol

Hope everyone is doing ok.  

Trying to decide if I put in a grocery order to be delivered and just wait until they can deliver or to actually go to the store.  I went the last time and had a very positive experience in the grocery, but don't really want to push our luck either.  I have time to wait for the items we will need, so I may just do a delivery order and see how it goes.  Not that many identified cases here,especially compared to states around us.........but in reality this chick knows there are all kinds of people out there contagious and they just don't know it at the moment.  Hate to take the chance and possible expose DH to it.  So I may just err on the side of caution.  Decisions, decisions!

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well.

Take care ladies and stay safe!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday! – Carlie's Cutting Edge Salon – North Port & Port ...

Hi ladies, Smiley Happy 

Party sunny here today. Smiley Happy   Seasonal temps, mid to upper 40s.   Purple and yellow crocuses are coming up.  I think tulips or daffodils are also trying to come up.  

Sharing Jennifer Nettles......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhd1eddEuE

pitty, I'm getting out there the first sunny warmer day.  I'll be cleaning up with you. 

Allergies are ramping up!   Achoooooooooo! Pass the tissues, please.  

People seem to be taking the isolating seriously here too.   No real issues and people are taking it seriously.  Our numbers are no where near NYC/boroughs.  Even so, people are NOT going out.   Be apart now, so we can be together later. 

Does anyone watch The Masked Singer? Any guesses?   I think the turtle might be Adam Lambert, banana might be Brett Michaels, the white tiger might be Gronk, the astronaut might be Hunter Hayes.  

Has everyone seen my Jon all over the tv?   GMA,  Jimmy Fallon,  Morning Joe?  

Tim McGraw . Our Fran loved him. https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2020/03/30/beanie-wearing-tim-mcgraw-straddles-the-diving-board-for-some...  

I'm continuing to read the beach series by Joanne DeMaio. I'm on book number 3, Beach Blues. 

I'm cross stitching in the evenings. It's easier to do since I'm not watching sports. lol   I MISS MY TEAMS!     Did I just yell that out loud? lol Smiley Wink 

Have a good afternoon! Smiley Happy