Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

pitty, you need another tv. lol    No, the new bed is not a Sleep Number.    It does move into different positions...head/legs up down, etc. 

We put the Sleep Number in the guest room.   Now, Drummer Boy and gf enjoy it.  They love it when they visit. 

The mattress I have now is firm enough for me.   Hubby liked it too, so it was a win/win.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I bet Drummer Boy enjoys being able to sleep on that mattress when he is there!  

Too funny about you having to have a stool to get up in your bed, but I can relate.  Our bed isn't that high, but I do have to pay attention to furniture when I do purchase things like a couch or chair.  Hate when I sit down on a couch and my feet don't begin to touch the floor.  LOL   LOL~

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Too funny about you having to have a stool to get up in your bed, but I can relate.  Our bed isn't that high, but I do have to pay attention to furniture when I do purchase things like a couch or chair.  Hate when I sit down on a couch and my feet don't begin to touch the floor.  LOL   LOL~

I hear ya, pitty, about feet touching the floor.   I understand completely. 

The HIGH bed would not have been my choice if making it alone................ya get the idea.  Oy vey!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Congrats to the Captain, Derek Jeter!    He is a member of the Baseball HOF, Class of 2020.   

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=baseball+hall+of+fame&view=detail&mid=EC20AE7F420C0D321672EC20A...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Greetings housemates!  And a big congrats to Derek Jeter!

We have Pumpkin tonight, so I am getting ready to make hamburgers.  LOL, I think he could exist on nothing but hamburgers all the time!  He also requested deviled eggs, so just finished making those.  They are now in the fridge to cool for a bit.

Hope everyone is doing ok.  It has been a rainy day here.  Geez, I think the last 3 weekends it has rained on Friday night and into Saturday.  Could be worse though, it could be snow!!!

I think Pumpkin is going to pick out a movie from Netflix to watch later this evening.  Think I might just make some hot cocoa.  That is unless he changes his mind and wants to watch something like Stranger Things.  In that case, I will be holding off on the hot cocoa since I tend to really jump during those shows.  And although Pumpkin has seen it and says he only wants to watch it to see my reaction, he gets into the show again & jumps too!!  Shhhh...that is our secret.   I am betting though that he will pick something else out tonight.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Donna, dreaming of those Bermuda pictures.  Trying to envision just being on that beach and listening to the sound of the waves.  Ahhhh.......  Well back to reality and the burger making assembly line awaits.

Have a great evening everyone! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod, I saw the news about JBJ's new venture at Rutgers University.  Heart   A colleague I taught with is teaching at Rutgers.  Shall I call her and plan a trip there for us?  LOL!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

pitty, I hope you saved me a hamburger and deviled egg!   I could eat burgers several times a week.  My favorite is a well done burger, on a brioche roll, with bacon, blue cheese, onion jam, and sliced, ripe, Jersey tomato.  Perfection! lol  

Let's go to Bermuda!   Who else wants to come with pitty and me?   I'll warm up the broom! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@dmod, I saw the news about JBJ's new venture at Rutgers University.  Heart   A colleague I taught with is teaching at Rutgers.  Shall I call her and plan a trip there for us?  LOL!  

You name the day and time, I'll pick you up and we'll go! 

After that, I'll show you MY Jersey.  

Anyone else want to come with pitty and me?  Let me know. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Image result for Happy Tuesday

Getting my house cleaned for family staying with us next week. 

Busy with volunteering these past two weeks. Lots of emails and calls were made.   

I've been watching Atypical on Netflix lately.   It's so very engaging, real, funny, heartbreaking. So well done.  A big thank you to our Kathy for suggesting it. 

This week, I am meeting our new dentist for the first time for a cleaning.   

Jersey's vet visit for boosters went well. She put smiles on the faces of everyone.  

She is enjoying romping through the little snow on the ground. She runs like a nut through it and wants me to chase her.   I do, of course. LOL  

kdgn, do you still watch the Chicago shows?   We've started watching FBI, Most Wanted as well.  Do you watch it? I'm enjoying it.  

I watched the last episode of The Oval last night.  I'm not sure if there will be a season 2.   I've not found any info about it. I HOPE it comes back.  It's so good!  

The cross-stitch is going well.   I'm working on the NY Giants helmet and another project  for Drummer Boy.  I'll email about soon.   

Another good book suggestion....Susan Wiggs, The Oysterville Sewing Circle.  

Does anyone have Super Bowl plans?   Not me! lol  

Eli Manning retired.   All I can say is THANK YOU, Eli, for your class and the way you played and conducted yourself. 

Only 15 days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training.   

Days until__________  by the numbers:  15, 58, 280, 358

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing at this, I really am. In my prime I stood 5'10" in my bare feet. I think I've lost maybe 1/2".  Still, my feet finding the floor has never been a problem. Smiley Happy