Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

kdgn, will read back asap.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

It's currently 105. Yes. You read that correctly. Hot, low humidity but an oven is still an oven.

Still dealing with aftershocks. Yes, the 6.4 on the 4th and the 7.1 on the 5th were felt very strongly. The 6.4 had me holding onto the kitchen counter after turning the gas off under the potatoes. The potato salad was eventually finished. I was watching tv, sitting on the bed, when the 7.1 hit. When news people say it was 9-10 times stronger than the previous one, believe them. No damage at all just watched as things rattled and swayed. A nephew and his girlfriend live in the epicenter, they're okay, he can't go back to work yet because his employer has closed the facility. I know a few people that live in that area, one couple has sustained major structural damage to their home so it's basically gone. 

B didn't react to the first one, he did look up at me during the second one, but stayed put. It's been a long time, 20 years, and it wasn't welcome!

Other than that, nothing much going on. Too hot to do anything but hibernate. Grocery pick up is a blessing. Smiley Happy  So is a lawn service. Smiley Happy  Glad to hear that Miss Jersey has settled down in her new home and is now a neighborhood favorite! She should be, as cute as she is. Those carpet runners have really helped B, glad they will help Jersey. He still tries to run on the flooring but not as much anymore. 14 next month. Smiley Wink  Hope your birthday celebration is over-the-top fun! Mine was quiet last month, very quiet. Me and B enjoyed each other's company and I was a slug. I sincerely hope the female in KY is successful and that your help contributes to her success. 

OMG, kdgn,   those horrid, dangerous temps and  earthquakes? 

I'm glad you are okay and especially B.   How scary!   Thank goodness your family is okay.     I heard about it, but wasn't really tuned into what was going on.  I'm sorry. Had I paid attention, I would have reached out.  

Belated happy birthday.   Being a slug, doing what you want, when you want, and spending it with B, sounds wonderful! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarpleare you and your family okay?  https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2019/07/tornado-hits-cape-cod-as-thunderstorms-break-the-heat-video...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod wrote:

@JaneMarpleare you and your family okay?  https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2019/07/tornado-hits-cape-cod-as-thunderstorms-break-the-heat-video...

Yes @dmod , everything safe and sound. Ir was pretty wild for The Cape.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@dmod wrote:

Yes @dmod , everything safe and sound. Ir was pretty wild for The Cape.

I'm glad you are okay. Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

TGIF!   

Did anyone hear me screaming last night? lol  ocean's Sox beat the Yankees, 19-3.  They Yankees were horrible.  Game 2 of 4 is tonight. 

Wear earplugs, housemates! lol lol  

Another gawjis day in CNY.....moderate temps, dry and sunny.  

Any weekend plans?  We are busy outside, inside and watching the Yankees game with friends. 

Yesterday was National Hot Fudge Sundae Day. 

Enjoy!  Mangia! 

Image result for hot fudge sundae

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good Sunday evening, Smiley Happy

Yankees are going for the sweep tonight.  Last weekend, the Sox did the same thing to my boys.   It's like a see-saw.   Fun games! 

The contractor will be here this week! YAY!  Good thing for him, I was completely out of patience. LOL 

Hubby will be away on a business trip.   He'll miss all the chaos. Good thing I have my girl with me.   She'll keep me company! 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of the latest three domestic terrorism attacks.  

What is going on in your neck of the woods?    

kdgn, has it cooled down?  

pitty, have you been traveling? 

Found this in the supermarket. Had to share with all of you.   OMG, it's delish! 

https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/pucker-upper-sorbet

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

The weather this weekend in central NY was stunning, dry, sunny, upper 70s and NOT humid.   We worked in the flower garden, unwrapped our new deck dining set  and relaxed. 

Recently, we celebrated Drummer Boy's 27th birthday!   Where did the years go? 

Jersey was bathed today.  She wasn't  thrilled but went along with it.   She was grey after lying on the floors after all the work going on here.  I'll be sending an update/pics email soon.  

OMG, the best!  Ya gotta try this!   YUMMY! 
https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/pucker-upper-sorbet

The NY State Fair is coming to Syracuse in a couple of weeks. We'll be going to experience it for the first time.  Ocean used to go and write all about her fun!  

What are you doing this week? 

I am going to the salon. I really need to get my roots taken care of.  

This week, I'll be around the house due to the contractor coming every day.  Hopefully, I'll be able to write you all an update email. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Can you see me? I have been trying for ages to log on. I just saw Dmod 's last post.

Dmod, you have exciting life, don't you. Getting settled in, making new discoveries...

The NY State Fair is wonderful. We would go as a family when I was young, then DH and I went. He really enjoyed it.....the pavilions, exhibits and of course, the animals. I loved to see the horse shows, depending on when you go. Have a wonderful time!

Now I'll try to see if Pitty is around...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oceanjade wrote:

Can you see me? I have been trying for ages to log on. I just saw Dmod 's last post.

Dmod, you have exciting life, don't you. Getting settled in, making new discoveries...

The NY State Fair is wonderful. We would go as a family when I was young, then DH and I went. He really enjoyed it.....the pavilions, exhibits and of course, the animals. I loved to see the horse shows, depending on when you go. Have a wonderful time!

Now I'll try to see if Pitty is around...

Waving hi to @Oceanjade   we can see you! Smiley Happy

Hoping we can go to the NYS Fair!