Esteemed Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

@dmod wrote:

@JaneMarpleare you and your family okay?  https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2019/07/tornado-hits-cape-cod-as-thunderstorms-break-the-heat-video...

Yes @dmod , everything safe and sound. Ir was pretty wild for The Cape.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@dmod wrote:

@JaneMarpleare you and your family okay?  https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2019/07/tornado-hits-cape-cod-as-thunderstorms-break-the-heat-video...

Yes @dmod , everything safe and sound. Ir was pretty wild for The Cape.

I'm glad you are okay. Heart

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Honored Contributor

TGIF!   

Did anyone hear me screaming last night? lol  ocean's Sox beat the Yankees, 19-3.  They Yankees were horrible.  Game 2 of 4 is tonight. 

Wear earplugs, housemates! lol lol  

Another gawjis day in CNY.....moderate temps, dry and sunny.  

Any weekend plans?  We are busy outside, inside and watching the Yankees game with friends. 

Yesterday was National Hot Fudge Sundae Day. 

Enjoy!  Mangia! 

Image result for hot fudge sundae

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good Sunday evening, Smiley Happy

Yankees are going for the sweep tonight.  Last weekend, the Sox did the same thing to my boys.   It's like a see-saw.   Fun games! 

The contractor will be here this week! YAY!  Good thing for him, I was completely out of patience. LOL 

Hubby will be away on a business trip.   He'll miss all the chaos. Good thing I have my girl with me.   She'll keep me company! 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of the latest three domestic terrorism attacks.  

What is going on in your neck of the woods?    

kdgn, has it cooled down?  

pitty, have you been traveling? 

Found this in the supermarket. Had to share with all of you.   OMG, it's delish! 

https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/pucker-upper-sorbet

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

The weather this weekend in central NY was stunning, dry, sunny, upper 70s and NOT humid.   We worked in the flower garden, unwrapped our new deck dining set  and relaxed. 

Recently, we celebrated Drummer Boy's 27th birthday!   Where did the years go? 

Jersey was bathed today.  She wasn't  thrilled but went along with it.   She was grey after lying on the floors after all the work going on here.  I'll be sending an update/pics email soon.  

OMG, the best!  Ya gotta try this!   YUMMY! 
https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/pucker-upper-sorbet

The NY State Fair is coming to Syracuse in a couple of weeks. We'll be going to experience it for the first time.  Ocean used to go and write all about her fun!  

What are you doing this week? 

I am going to the salon. I really need to get my roots taken care of.  

This week, I'll be around the house due to the contractor coming every day.  Hopefully, I'll be able to write you all an update email. 

Valued Contributor

Can you see me? I have been trying for ages to log on. I just saw Dmod 's last post.

Dmod, you have exciting life, don't you. Getting settled in, making new discoveries...

The NY State Fair is wonderful. We would go as a family when I was young, then DH and I went. He really enjoyed it.....the pavilions, exhibits and of course, the animals. I loved to see the horse shows, depending on when you go. Have a wonderful time!

Now I'll try to see if Pitty is around...

Honored Contributor

@Oceanjade wrote:

Can you see me? I have been trying for ages to log on. I just saw Dmod 's last post.

Dmod, you have exciting life, don't you. Getting settled in, making new discoveries...

The NY State Fair is wonderful. We would go as a family when I was young, then DH and I went. He really enjoyed it.....the pavilions, exhibits and of course, the animals. I loved to see the horse shows, depending on when you go. Have a wonderful time!

Now I'll try to see if Pitty is around...

Waving hi to @Oceanjade   we can see you! Smiley Happy

Hoping we can go to the NYS Fair!   

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Recently, we celebrated our wedding anniversary.  Yes, I hear ya...........Mr. dmod is a saint.  ITA! LOL 

We went to dinner on Oneida Lake.  What a lovely area and delicious dinner! I had Pike right from the lake.  The lake is about 30 minutes away. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Lake

The contractor is here working on wallpaper removal, resurfacing cabinets, painting, etc. 

We are planning a weekend back to Jersey. I CAN'T WAIT! 

We bought a new deck dining set and grill!  I hope to use it for the first time this weekend. The weather this weekend is going to be dry and in the low 70s. GAWJIS! 

My sweet girl is doing so well. Heart

Drummer Boy and his gf are doing well, enjoying the summer, working lots of hours, and happy. I can't ask for more than that.  

What is going on in your neck of the woods? 

Yankees are doing well despite so many injuries and players on the DL. 

Hockey is only 44 days away?  Have you ordered your earplugs?  HURRY! 

Respected Contributor

I am here @Oceanjade, and so excited to see you!  Hope you are doing well.  Haven't had a chance to read back, was just excited to see you posted.  How are things going up your way?  Think of you and the kitties quite often.  

Hope you are able to get back on the board and post.  And by the way, since your area tends to get more than its share of rain at times, if you have any to spare.....send it down to me.  We are parched down here!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Donna, the pucker up sorbet sounds pretty good.  In this heat, anything cold is tempting!  We hit 98 today with a heat index of 104, same forecast for tomorrow.  We are very dry here, haven't had rain in some time.  A big ole line of thunderstorms moved this way earlier this evening.  I ran trying to finish up errands because of the thunderstorms approaching.  Plus I wanted to get home and just watch it rain.  And what happened?  They basically puttered out before they got to us!  &&^^%%%^^^^$$$$$    I mean it was a huge long line of red on the radar moving right for us!  Well guess it just wasn't meant to be.

So @kdgn, if your temps are the same as when you posted last, we can be miserable together.

We have made several small trips here and there this summer.  Had  the chance to see some cousins that I haven't seen in quite some time.  We all talked about how our parents always coordinated a family reunion and now that they are all gone, we need to step up to the plate to get together more often.  It was great seeing them and we have tried our best to try and keep up with each other.  Funny how we all agreed we just didn't know where all that time had gone & how it just didn't seem right that all of our parents are now gone.  Wonder if our parents ever thought that when their parents, aunts and uncles were all gone?   

It seems to me that in the not so distant past, I chided @kdgn for being on a ladder.  About 2 weeks ago, I let DD talk me into helping her help paint Pumpkin's room.  Happy to report no falls from the ladder, but boy was I sore for days.  All the reaching, getting up, getting down.....let's just say when  finished I said that is the last time I am picking up a paint brush EVER!  Next time I am calling 1-800-professional painter!

Happy anniversary Donna! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you both deserve to take some time and celebrate!!  

I bet you will have a great trip going back to New Jersey.  Can't wait to hear about your trip.  Give your dad a hug for me!!!

Ok, @JaneMarple,no need to attact tornados to your area.  I am sure you don't want that kind of attention for sure!  Glad you were okay though!  

Stay cool everyone and sleep well ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *