Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

@gloriajean  good to see you. Smiley Happy Congrats on Lori's graduation! 

Wow!  The girls are turning 3? Where does the time go?  Enjoy the party this weekend.   The potty training will come!   When they are ready and motivated. lol 

Don't be a stranger! 

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy birthday, dear Puppy.  We miss and love you. Heart

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Hope you are all doing well.   

Any plans for the 4th?  We are going to a few local events over the long, holiday weekend.  

All is going well.  We are adjusting day by day. 

Yankees and Sox were in London last weekend. What a wonderful weekend of baseball............and to showcase the best of America. Both teams were classy ambassadors of the USA. 

Only 92 days until hockey begins. I know you all were waiting anxiously for the update. LOL   Order earplugs, early! 

Honored Contributor

You have mail. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone, Smiley Happy

How have you all been?   

I am getting ready for a family member's visit.  Lots of going through bed linens looking for the right size,  finding pillows......you get the idea. LOL It's chaos here. lol 

Lots going on next week here....Jersey's grooming, appliances being delivered,  the contractor may be here to work on house projects, my birthday celebration..........it will be a busy week. 

Today, I am heading out to the grocery store, cleaners, and library. 

I've read three great books in the last month.  The author's name is Viola Shipman.  I've read The Charm Bracelet, The Recipe Box and The Hope Chest. I highly recommend them! 

Taking care of the garden has my allergies in overdrive. OMG!  There is so much here to take care of.............and I can barely keep up. lol  So far, no deer to eat it all, though! 

Jersey is doing better and better! YAY!  She is the belle of the neighborhood! 

A neighbor and I went out to lunch last week. It was wonderful to get to know her.  She's a lovely, interesting  lady.  Getting more comfortable here.  I have fewer meltdowns!

kdgn, bought a runner just like yours for the family room.  I needed something near the sliders.  Works perfectly. Thank you for the info!   How is your boy?

pitty, I'm volunteering "in" your state to help a female achieve her goal!   Is KY ready for a Jersey Girl? lol 

First hair/mani/pedi appointments went well.   Pleased with the places I chose based on recommendations. 

Respected Contributor

It's currently 105. Yes. You read that correctly. Hot, low humidity but an oven is still an oven.

Still dealing with aftershocks. Yes, the 6.4 on the 4th and the 7.1 on the 5th were felt very strongly. The 6.4 had me holding onto the kitchen counter after turning the gas off under the potatoes. The potato salad was eventually finished. I was watching tv, sitting on the bed, when the 7.1 hit. When news people say it was 9-10 times stronger than the previous one, believe them. No damage at all just watched as things rattled and swayed. A nephew and his girlfriend live in the epicenter, they're okay, he can't go back to work yet because his employer has closed the facility. I know a few people that live in that area, one couple has sustained major structural damage to their home so it's basically gone. 

B didn't react to the first one, he did look up at me during the second one, but stayed put. It's been a long time, 20 years, and it wasn't welcome!

Other than that, nothing much going on. Too hot to do anything but hibernate. Grocery pick up is a blessing. Smiley Happy  So is a lawn service. Smiley Happy  Glad to hear that Miss Jersey has settled down in her new home and is now a neighborhood favorite! She should be, as cute as she is. Those carpet runners have really helped B, glad they will help Jersey. He still tries to run on the flooring but not as much anymore. 14 next month. Smiley Wink  Hope your birthday celebration is over-the-top fun! Mine was quiet last month, very quiet. Me and B enjoyed each other's company and I was a slug. I sincerely hope the female in KY is successful and that your help contributes to her success. 

Honored Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OCEAN!   Heart

Honored Contributor

kdgn, will read back asap.  

Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

It's currently 105. Yes. You read that correctly. Hot, low humidity but an oven is still an oven.

Still dealing with aftershocks. Yes, the 6.4 on the 4th and the 7.1 on the 5th were felt very strongly. The 6.4 had me holding onto the kitchen counter after turning the gas off under the potatoes. The potato salad was eventually finished. I was watching tv, sitting on the bed, when the 7.1 hit. When news people say it was 9-10 times stronger than the previous one, believe them. No damage at all just watched as things rattled and swayed. A nephew and his girlfriend live in the epicenter, they're okay, he can't go back to work yet because his employer has closed the facility. I know a few people that live in that area, one couple has sustained major structural damage to their home so it's basically gone. 

B didn't react to the first one, he did look up at me during the second one, but stayed put. It's been a long time, 20 years, and it wasn't welcome!

Other than that, nothing much going on. Too hot to do anything but hibernate. Grocery pick up is a blessing. Smiley Happy  So is a lawn service. Smiley Happy  Glad to hear that Miss Jersey has settled down in her new home and is now a neighborhood favorite! She should be, as cute as she is. Those carpet runners have really helped B, glad they will help Jersey. He still tries to run on the flooring but not as much anymore. 14 next month. Smiley Wink  Hope your birthday celebration is over-the-top fun! Mine was quiet last month, very quiet. Me and B enjoyed each other's company and I was a slug. I sincerely hope the female in KY is successful and that your help contributes to her success. 

OMG, kdgn,   those horrid, dangerous temps and  earthquakes? 

I'm glad you are okay and especially B.   How scary!   Thank goodness your family is okay.     I heard about it, but wasn't really tuned into what was going on.  I'm sorry. Had I paid attention, I would have reached out.  

Belated happy birthday.   Being a slug, doing what you want, when you want, and spending it with B, sounds wonderful! 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarpleare you and your family okay?  https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2019/07/tornado-hits-cape-cod-as-thunderstorms-break-the-heat-video...