Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

@ShowMe wrote:

@dmod......  Here's wishing you and yours a most blessed and happy New Year.  

The sun finally came out a little while ago.....feels so good coming in the living room window.  

Will be in my jammies this evening.  Will have my herring, then get ready for bed.  Won't see the new year in.  Will be snug as a bug in a rug by that time.  

Tomorrow morning my apartment will be getting cleaned.  Good way to start the new year.

I wish you good health in 2019!   

Enjoy your evening until you're ready for bed.  I'm in my jammies and relaxing! 

Yes, it is a good way to start off the year having your apartment cleaned!    

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy 2019

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year!!

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year to you all, although it is a little late....as they say, better late than never.  

Happy to report the Christmas tree is down and all decorations are put away.  Pshew!  Glad that is finished.  I also took the time to do a through cleaning of the living room and dining room.  Might count that as my spring cleaning.  Makes sense to me.  I just did it early!

I did fix BBQ spareribs for New Year's dinner.  I also suffered and fixed those horrible things called collard greens.  I can't stand them and Pumpkin doesn't like them either.  However, DD and DH really like them.  So I suffered through and took my required couple of bites chased by a gallon of iced tea!   lol  We all like the black eyed peas so at least that is something else everyone ate.  

The more I think about it, the better the idea of starting a new tradition of having Chinese food on New Year's Day sounds better and better.  lol  

It has been raining quite a bit.  Nothing new for us though, we closed out the year as the wettest year on record. We had a small tornado touch down not far from here a couple of days ago.   I am trying not to complain much though because the temp has been in the 40s and 50s.  I figure we will have some much colder weather so better to have the warmer temps with rain rather than brutal cold with snow!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable New Year.  @kdgn, do you have cloudy weather out your way in Jan. or is the sun shining away out there.  Sister-in-law was in for the holidays.  We sure enjoyed seeing her and getting to spend some time with her.  I am always envious of the weather she has out in San Diego; although, she was really surprised that it was as warm as it was here over the holidays.  We just didn't see much of the sun!

Hope the furbabies of the house are doing well and keeping up with the holiday schedules.  Know they probably got some special treats, as they should since they are special pups!

I am trying to encourage Pumpkin to become the developer and creator of a robot that cooks and cleans the kitchen.  I figure there must be a way.  If we are working on totally automated or driverless cars, a robot like they had on the Jetson's that will cook and clean can't be too far away.  I just want to be able to benefit from the invention!  

Take care ladies!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

*spraying Lysol*   

Image result for spraying lysol spray

Not feeling great..........some kind of throat/head thing is going on.  I have no voice.   Not feeling too bad, but keeping an eye on symptoms. 

Hubby is away for the week. 

I'm trying to do a bunch of chores.............as long as I feel okay. 

Tomorrow is buh-bye grey/white roots day!   I'll twirl around when I return home. lol 

Made these dishes recently.   The recipes are keepers.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/hash-brown-breakfast-casserole-with-tomato-gravy-5518829

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/red-pepper-quiche-5509439

pitty, have you ever heard of tomato gravy?  It was good!  

Tonight for dinner, we are having this.  Help yourself. Smiley Happy

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheeseburger-soup/

Guess what?  Only 78 more days until the NY Yankees open their season against the Baltimore O's.  

Honored Contributor

UGH! I feel awful.  So annoying! I have things to do! LOL 

Nothing too serious.........just  punky, tired.........

Tomorrow, a service repair person is coming by to check the washing machine.  I saw a trickle of water from the bottom.   Keep a good thought.............I don't want to buy a new machine at this point.  It's always something. 

I'm watching the Rangers game.   If I weren't on meds, I would drink. They are killing me, this team!  *shaking my head*   Good thing I don't have much of a voice or you'd all hear me. LOL 

Hubby was away in ocean's neck of the woods this week. He'll be back tomorrow. YAY!    Missed him. 

Jersey is keeping close and taking good care of me. 

What is going on with you? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Donna, sending you some homemade chicken noodle soup.  DS is also down with a really bad upper respiratory infection.  Please take care of yourself.  Hate to hear that you aren't feeling well.

I have had tomato gravy before, but it has been quite some time ago. You might have awakened  a need for me to try and have some more!

Hoping that Mr. Donna is home and taking good care of you.  Fingers crossed that there are no major problems with the washing machine!

I have settled in for the evening.  It has turned cold here and it is going to start snowing soon.  Radar shows it right on our doorstep.  It is a toss up about how much snow we will get, but they are saying not much.  It will snow tonight and then change over to rain tomorrow.  Guess we will just see what mother nature has in store.   Pumpkin has a basketball game tomorrow so I do hope the roads will be in fair shape for traveling back and forth to the game.

I do plan on fixing a cup of hot apple cider, anyone care to join me?

Nothing really exciting going on here.  lol  kdgn, hope you are doing well.  

Sleep well ladies.

Oh and Donna....you would be proud, I made baked Ziti tonight with a salad and garlic bread!  Whoohoo!  Also reminds me that I watched the episode of Top Chef last night.  They were at the Seelbach Hotel.  I have been there multiple times.  In fact, I attended a wedding there earlier this summer.  It was kinda fun to watch the show and see something familiar on that type of show.  Haven't really watched the Top Chef show before, but I have been watching it this season since they are in my neck of the woods.

Sleep well ladies. 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

*spraying Lysol*     I'm feeling a bit better. Hubby is sick as a dog. UGH! 

pitty, did you get much snow?  We got nothing but a dusting on the grassy areas.   It melted by 10am.   Mary, Snoopy, got a few inches in her neck of Jersey.  Not sure about where Moonsie is living. 

Very proud of you making baked ziti. Hubby should be your taste tester! lol  

I enjoy watching shows that are from my neck of Jersey too........most of them are House Hunters episodes on HGTV.   

There is a former Food Network  Chopped 2011 Champion who owns and is a chef  at several restaurants in the county I live in.  We've been to all of them and met him .  I've loved every single thing I've tried.  

http://chefericlevine.com/

I don't watch any of the food network competition shows, but did watch a little of his on youtube. 

kdgn, thinking of you and your boy!  

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

I stayed away while recuperating from this miserable, butt-kicking cold/upper respiratory mess I was dealing with.  I am feeling much better, but still dealing with a lingering cough and exhaustion. 

Hubby got it too, but he was better in a few days. 

I haven't really done much this week.  I've been too tired. 

This holiday weekend, we are playing catch up with chores.   We are also expecting snow, ice and rain.   UGH!  I don't mind the snow, but the ice is a nightmare. 

This coming week, I am booked solid.  I've got makeup dates from the two weeks I was not feeling great.  I've got appointments, volunteering, lunch with one friend, breakfast with another friend, and entertaining here. 

Jersey is just fine!  She is always by my side.

Drummer Boy and gf are just fine.   Drummer Boy's job is going well.  Gf continues to look. 

I've been cooking up a storm....stews and soups.   So far, all the new recipes are keepers.   Some are Mexican, some Thai.  YUMMY stuff. 

What is going on with you?   

I'm watching the Rangers play in Boston.  Big rivalry.   Wear earplugs, I'm in a mood. LOL LOL Woman Tongue

Who is watching football tomorrow?   We will be peaking in and out of the games during the day. Rooting for the Saints and Chiefs. 

If you are in the path of bad weather, stay safe, dry and warm. 

Respected Contributor

Donna, I am so sorry to hear you have been sick and down and out for several days!  Glad to hear you are doing better though.  Please be careful to pace yourself appropriately,  I know what it is like to get so behind because some nasty virus gives you a kick in the rear, but don't overdo trying to catch up!

Did you get any ice?  They were warning us about a the possibility of a flash freeze Saturday night.  It rained all ding dong day on Saturday.  They knew the temps were going to drop and feared they might drop suddenly enough to cause everything to freeze.  That happened some, but not to a great extent.  We did get about 2 inches of snow before we went into the deep freeze.  Caused enough of a mess that most churches in the area cancelled services yesterday morning.

Okay, @kdgn, quit laughing your behind off at us over on this side of the country with snow, ice, and cold!  

I made some beef stew Saturday and last night I made a lemon, brandy steak.  The recipe calls to sear well seasoned steak, add butter, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in the skillet to cook it to the degree you want the steak.  Then you heat apricot brandy, pour it in the skillet and light it.  So let me tell you...........Woof, went the flames!!!  Oh my goodness!  Thank goodness, I was ready just in case.  Had my box of baking soda standing by as a fire extinguisher in case I needed to take drastic action.  Happy to report, the flames died down pretty quickly, nothing else caught fire, and the steak was absolutely delicious.  And no need to ruin the entire dish pouring baking soda on it to control the flames.  LOL.  

We watched most of the Rams and Saints game yesterday, but only checked in at a few times during the Chiefs/Patriots game.  I think Ocean might be pleased with the Patriots winning.  But we were pulling for Kansas City.  Oh well.

kdgn, hope you and the boy are doing well.  Waving to Ocean and Moons. 

For those in the cold zone, stay in and keep warm!  Have a good day ladies!