Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Ok, well that sounds like it was all made up.  I don't know how anyone could come up with stats like that.  My only take on it and it's coming from reality is that today men are much more involved in homemaking, housekeeping and childcare than then were when I was growing up or even when I first married.  I'm 58.  Most women work outside the home today, just as most men do so it naturally evolved that men took on more home and family reponsibilies.  

@chrystaltree

Thank goodness!  It benefits everyone.

Honored Contributor

This is great. I will immediately assign chores to my two boy cats. There’s more to life than watching birds 🐦, eating, and napping 💤 20 hours a day.

Thanks for the laugh.

Now I’m back to analyzing the 1.6. 😱😱

Respected Contributor

DH does the cooking and grocery shopping, the yardwork and home repairs and maintenance.  He can do practically anything.  I do the laundry and after dinner cleanup.  We pay to have the general housecleaning done.  DH will clean the windows and heavy chores.  Kids are now grown, but we both did child care - and kids turned out great so we must have done something right.  As far as the 1.6 that's kind of personal, but no complaints in this house.  We both worked full time; now retired from our full time work, but we both work outside the home part time and as long as health holds up, have no plans to stop.

Honored Contributor

13CDF845-9755-4E30-8038-D182F2E1BA79.gif

Honored Contributor

F8A9F231-820F-49CD-9E9F-957D9ED49BF5.gif

Honored Contributor

ECD30BEB-D9A2-4CC2-A6D2-DA8767F0235A.gif

Valued Contributor

The last cat going after the dryer is adorable.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy

3 helpers sent your way 😊😊😊 see previous posts

Send them to @OKPrincess to train her helpers. 

@OKPrincess, send helpers back to @feline groovy when your helpers are trained. 

That was exhausting....Good night.

Honored Contributor

My DH did everything, he was one of those who only needed about 4 hours sleep in a day.    I'm like pigpen in the Charlie Brown comics.

No matter what I do, it looks worse after!

But he could spend less time and get better results.

He did the dusting, yard work, all inside and outside maintenance.

I did all the cooking.  I worked full time.

I would also be assigned projects, I love to paint and I do it well, so if there was any painting to be done, I did it.   I would also do other small projects.   His idea of cleaning the outdoor grill was not just scraping down the grates, he wanted it taken apart and cleaned inside & out so it looks like new!

pigpen.jpg

Honored Contributor

When I was growing up we lived on a farm AND my parents both had full time salaried jobs. EVERYONE including us kids had a significant amount of work to do at home. Saturdays were never our own and no one, not even my Dad made any plans for Saturday because everyone had chores until  the chores were done. When they sold the farm and we moved to the city - the Saturday thing still carried on - everone had chores on Saturday.During the week, my Dad got home from work at 4PM and my Mom not until 6 so Dad was the cook. Us kids did the dishes.There were 5 of us kids, but my Mom always found the time every night to go over each of our homework and make sure it was complete and correct. Any papers we had to turn in were typed by her and included a front title page and was placed in a folder.We always got an A for presentation.