Esteemed Contributor

Are there any home remedies that you take or recommend for when you have a cold?

Sometimes great-grandmas recipe for a home made elixir actually worked to help fight a cold.

Working with the public, one can pick up all kinds of bugs, and I think I feel the start of a cold coming on.

I made a concoction of minced garlic, habanero hot sauce, Braggs Raw Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice and honey.

I downed it in two swallows.

Tasty?

Not by a long shot, but I am hoping that it'll fight whatever bug that I may have picked up.

So, what are some of your home elixirs that you swear by to fight a cold?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you made an immunity shot or some are called welness boost. There are recipes on google. Hope it helps.

Honored Contributor

Gargle with warm salt water for a sore throat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Are there any home remedies that you take or recommend for when you have a cold?

Sometimes great-grandmas recipe for a home made elixir actually worked to help fight a cold.

Working with the public, one can pick up all kinds of bugs, and I think I feel the start of a cold coming on.

I made a concoction of minced garlic, habanero hot sauce, Braggs Raw Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice and honey.

I downed it in two swallows.

Tasty?

Not by a long shot, but I am hoping that it'll fight whatever bug that I may have picked up.

So, what are some of your home elixirs that you swear by to fight a cold?

Hot water with honey and lemon juice in it. I use a lot of honey. This is taken after I have symptoms. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Homemade chicken soup always works in my house for sore throats & colds!! My mom & grandma always made it for me.

Honored Contributor

I never learned how to gargle. LOL

can't get it to do right. ROFL

Valued Contributor

A cool mist humidifier soothes the nasal passages and throat.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE Can you yodel?   I went to Google to get the spelling and just watched a 12 year year old girll sing the yodel.  She learned it from a tape & book - go watch - she's in pink cute as a button.  If you can learn to yodel perhaps you'll be able to gargle.  The bad side is you could 'drown'.

P.S.   I thought everybody in TEXAS could yodel...........................A state requirement

Contributor

When anyone in my family has a cold I juice a lemon, finely shred fresh ginger and add some cayanne pepper powder. drink it Like a shot

Trusted Contributor

Hot toddy or glugg.

I believe in fighting a cold with alcohol.