Respected Contributor

Re: Home Depot Halloween Deco-Should They or Not?

@Bird mama wrote:

If nothing else, use it to teach kids Stranger Danger.  I'm sorry, I'm still laughing about it.  Oh man, it was a hard day at work.

Great idea! I'll get it for my granddaughter! That'll teach my dd and sil not to talk to her about strangers!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

They should make a Gladys Kravitz peeper.

@Daisy Sunflower,  I agree, although it wouldn't be the face of the original one.  We have one of those for a neighbor; it's fun to give her something to talk about LOL.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Some houses go all out with the gore. 

My old neighbors made a cemetery on their front lawn, cobwebs everywhere, things hanging from the trees - it was quite elaborate.  They used to dress up to hand out the candy.  Their house was very popular - LOL

I don't remember you living next door. Smiley Wink

Ha - I wished I lived next door to you!

It's like the Dunfees on Modern Family with their Halloween displays.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

I don't think of this as a "decoration".  It seems likes it's a practical joke to play on someone else.  I mean, why would you stick it to your own window?

You stick it on the inside of your window, looking out, as if the "face" is being held inside.

@colliegirls  It can be used either way but because originally it is a Peeping Tom it is used outside looking into the home.

Either way would work.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I don't care this time.

I do think sometimes political correctness and the power of social media accomplishes great good.  I also think sometimes both subtract interest and creativity from our cultures, but finding the dividing line can be difficult.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw the peeper in HD yesterday...DH goes to HD and I hang in the Halloween dept...I'm 65yr old and play with everything..pushing all the " try me" buttons...

Last week I bought a bird cage with a raven and skull inside..push the button and the raven moves his wings and screams Halloween sayings...the skulls eyes light up red..oh my...

A little girl with her mom was there while I was...then they left..after about 5 min the little girl was back without her mom...she wanted to play with me with the Halloween things..I told her  we had to find her mom and not play..she protested...well I got a hold of a HD lady CS person and she took her to find her mom....Saw her mom later and said I see you found her...you know she didn't even act that concerned...guess she figured I was harmless..kinda disconcerting...DW

Honored Contributor

Sure is PC to remove it. I think the life sized horse skeleton is scarier.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get the whole idea of the item.  What's it supposed to do for anyone?  It's another way to spend your money on junk. 

I don't get or do the Halloween thing - I do a Fall/Autumn/Harvest thing.  I find it prettier.  Why surround yourself with ugly items representing dark, ugly, sinister, symbols. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust