Honored Contributor

Re: Home 4 Days And Going Nuts!!!!

If you've never read the Harry Potter book series and if you have any affinity for that sort of reading material, this might be a good time to read the whole thing. Good escape and lots and lots and lots of pages. Any lengthy book saga could work. When do any of us get the chance to really dig in to our books like that?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Being nice & understanding to others goes a long way.

There's no room (esp. now) for nastiness.  Just sayin ..

@Sapphiregal 

Hang in there.  The sun you're (& others) hoping to see, will come out soon to cheer you up.  

Sending you hugs .. you're not alone.   Heart

Super Contributor

IMO...social distancing suggests that one must limit social interaction. There are many ways to interact socially. Perhaps a better term might be physical distancing...

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal    You poor thing.  I had disfiguring facial surgery on Feb. 18th, and have been in the house ever since except for 2 trips to doctor and one to pick up groceries at Walmart.  I go out in the yard and there is sunshine but no human contact.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I hope you feel better soon!!!🌹

and of course, stay healthy during these uneasy times!

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Recover safely!

I've been making various meals during this 'incarceration'. Tonight I served souvlaki style chicken with tzatziki sauce served with dill laced basmati rice.

The other night I served sausage & peppers & another night did roast pork with black beans & rice.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I have changing moods from morning til night. Sometimes I'm so down I can barely hold back my tears and sometimes I don't hold back. Other times I'm kind of optimistic and settled.  I feel blessed to have a comfy home and a husband I love and my sweet sweet little dog.

We've never fought anything like this and the uncertainty is the cruelest part. I empathize with all your feeling and glad we're able to come together like this. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

With all the sheltering in place, we are bound to see a baby boom 9-10 months from now.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been in a week and today our Governor said it won't be two weeks it will be months that we need to be in. 

I did tai chi in my yard among the budding trees and daffodils yesterday because it was beautiful.

Today was cooler but the walks help. My dogs help. 
   I'm alone and my son has been keeping distance since last Friday. He has a store and has to work. I'm afraid he will get sick. We text and he sends funny things to cheer me up. He knows I hate to be in and suggested just going for a drive. I might do that. 
    Tonight he came and brought me a takeout steak dinner, I left him bags of newspapers, sanitizing wipes, and checks to deposit for me. 
      As he left he turned and hugged the air. I laughed and told him "now people don't even bump elbows anymore ."

He laughed and left. Then I cried.

You are not alone. We people are social and when apart from family and friends we really miss that. And we are afraid, we hate to admit that. 
       Thank you, and all who stay at home as requested by our leaders. It could help our doctors and hospitals. I just wish everyone would listen and see the importance of stopping the spread. 
      Be safe!

Honored Contributor

We have had rain for the last week and more to come. Very gloomy and depressing. DH and I are both about to climb the walls. Went for a drive yesterday...just to get out of the house...rain was so heavy we came home. FaceTime with the grandkids each night before they go to bed... makes me miss them even more. Best friend was just taken to ER and they won’t let her husband inside...he called me frantic from his car in the parking lot. I never could have imagined this is the USA in 2020.