Honored Contributor

Re: Holy smokes....window salesman just walked out!!

@Mom2Dogs, I'm also worried about retaliation in these situations, so I totally get your reticence about complaining to the company. Maybe just chalk it up to an uncomfortable situation and leave it at that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I hope you reported him to his employer.

Honored Contributor

There has to be more to this, I'm wondering if the salesman has his own complaints? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple...meaning what??

Honored Contributor

The same thing happened to my neighbor. They want to do your entire house. I recommend you find a carpenter, and get an estimate from him

WE have replacement windows ,the they were custom made to fit the openings. Your's probably are too. That shows how little he really knows..

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@JaneMarple...meaning what??

Meaning why did the salesman risk losing a sale? What kind of attitude did you leave him with?  

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@CLEM. Well, we are thinking of doing that but are concerned about retallation....not sure what it would be but it is a conern.  He seems like a real hot head.

@Mom2Dogs  I can understand that.  

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple....

He had an attitude from the get go.  He was lucky he was not asked to leave before we invited him to sit down and discuss the window.  We were respectful of him...I asked to see the window, it was the salesman who got up, swore at us and walked out...

Honored Contributor

I really dislike when someone comes to give a price quote or do a repair and they criticize what we have now and/or the workmanship on a job someone did in the past.

Honored Contributor

IMO the salesman wanted to sell you all replacement windows instead of just one. He probably works on commission. Anyway, I would check out another place because hopefully not all salesmen are like that. Good luck.