Honored Contributor

Holy smokes....window salesman just walked out!!

We had a local company come to the house today to give a quote on just one window....it is above the kitchen sink and I cannot open and close it with out hurting my back.  I was very clear that we wanted just one window, preferably a crank out or slider.  The windows in our house were  replaced roughly 20 years ago.

The salesman showed up on time, came in and started in on how our windows were just 'basic' windows probably from Menards...wrong...so right off the bat he irratated me...he also talked very fast.  He went on with his presentation...again letting us know that our windows are just basic....

I asked to see a window sample and he continued on with his pitch....I honestly don't know what happened next, I did get up to open the door so he could retrieve the window from his car but at some point I told him he was rude and to quit putting down what we had and he said he was not being rude and the next thing you know he said...I think I will leave, you people are ..he used the 'f' word...rude....and on the way out let out a few more choice words!!!

We were stunned....he was rude but I still intended to get a price from the company...if only for comparison.    Oh and as he left the drive way he honked his horn!

I think one window was not worth his time and he also let us know he was their top salesperson, with his attitude I cannot believe anyone would purchase anything from him.  Just had to vent, thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Holy smokes....window salesman just walked out!!

I think you should call the company and complain about him.

Trusted Contributor

I would call the company he works for and explain how rude he was and the language he used. One window or an entire house full, it shouldn't matter. He was very unprofessional and isn't a good representative for the company he works for. 

Honored Contributor

They always want to sell you more than you want or need. Lowe's will sell you one window and install it with no nonsense.

Respected Contributor

Why would someone saying that you have “basic” windows irritate you?

Honored Contributor

@CLEM. Well, we are thinking of doing that but are concerned about retallation....not sure what it would be but it is a conern.  He seems like a real hot head.

Super Contributor

I would definitely contact his company and complain. If it's a national company, I'd complain to the local company and the national headquarters.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker...because he kept saying it.....

Honored Contributor

I replaced the windows in my condo about ten years ago and got several quotes.  One salesman in particular was annoying.  He'd been suggested by the woman in the management office because he'd done work for the association.  First off, he was creepy. He nosed about the living room, making small talk about my things.  His quote turned out to be high, considering it was for vinyl windows.  When he called later to ask if I'd decided, I informed him he wasn't the winner.  He proceeded to ask if I could tell him who was the winner.  I politely declined.  Good riddance! 

Honored Contributor

He was rude so you were rude in return by telling so.