Honored Contributor

Re: Holy krap, the explosion in Beirut port.

Sorry, I don't understand what your jumping on me about I just stated I wish the news media would report on stuff other then bad news all day everyday.

You have come after me before, we don't get along.

Please don't 'mention' me again.

thank you

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Assuming that you are not a munitions, explosives expert, would you give the source for your post?  Thanks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand what your jumping on me about I just stated I wish the news media would report on stuff other then bad news all day everyday.

You have come after me before, we don't get along.

Please don't 'mention' me again.

thank you

@SharkE, it's all about context and timing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@gardenman 

Assuming that you are not a munitions, explosives expert, would you give the source for your post?  Thanks.

Here's a link to a video showing a Russian ammo dump exploding. Compare that to the video from Beirut. You see the same shockwave, same colors, same cloud formation, pretty much everything. Having seen videos of ammo dumps exploding, that's what the Beirut blast looks like. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a28611108/russian-ammo-dump-explosion/ 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@gardenman 

Here's a link to a video showing a Russian ammo dump exploding. Compare that to the video from Beirut. You see the same shockwave, same colors, same cloud formation, pretty much everything. Having seen videos of ammo dumps exploding, that's what the Beirut blast looks like. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a28611108/russian-ammo-dump-explosion/ 

@gardenman 

Thank you.  I do see the similarities.  The Dark Plume in Beruit looks immediate to me, and I do see that it is not so immediate in Russia, as you say.  Both are plenty scary, sad.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Some seem to forget Oklahoma. 

And some really seem to forget 9/11.

We have had some historic events here; be it use of chemicals or airplanes.

SMH

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Some seem to forget Oklahoma. 

And some really seem to forget 9/11.

We have had some historic events here; be it use of chemicals or airplanes.

SMH

@Cakers3, what did some posters say that made you think this? I am asking sincerely.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland