Honored Contributor

Re: Holy cow - speaking of road rage

@deeva wrote:

Parents are the ones who need to teach compassion. And model that behavior to their children. 

Just look at the nasty behavior on this board every day. Imagine how those people act out in the real world every day.

Valued Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

But why are the gun guys always several eggs short of a dozen?

You paint with a very broad brush. How sad.  I know many RESPONSIBLE gun owners - including myself who are law abiding, productive, good citizens.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do teachers have to start teaching compassion? That's the job of the parents. Any time students make mistakes the parents never seem to be at fault. Teachers have so much content to try and get through to the students that there isn't time to be substitute parents. Parents should step up and be parents!

Yes. I'm a retired teacher.

Contributor

On an extremely busy road in Raleigh, NC there was an incident of road rage that I will never forget.  Capital Boulevard seemed to be under construction for the entire 15 years I lived in Raleigh and it was extremely congested.  Two men were traveling on the Boulevard when the second car started blowing his horn at the first one and motioning for him to pull over.  The first car was going too slowly for the second one.  When they both were pulled over, the second guy got out of his car, opened the back door of the first car and told the driver he wanted to teach him a lesson he will never forget.  He proceeded to pull out a gun and shoot and kill the 7 year old son of driver #1.  Now that's a case of road rage!!!  So incredibly sad.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@deeva wrote:

Parents are the ones who need to teach compassion. And model that behavior to their children. 

Just look at the nasty behavior on this board every day. Imagine how those people act out in the real world every day.

@151949Good post.  I've wondered that many times too.  Also what kind of role model did they have?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Some states say you can shoot someone if you fear for your life.

Legally, it might be that guy's mistake was leaving the scene.

It's a pretty big stretch of the imagination to say a man pounding on your hood & yelling while you are inside the car is cause to fear for your life. Close the windows, lock the doors, & drive away come to mind before taking a gun out and shooting him. If I was on the jury he'd go to jail for shooting that man.

@151949

Stand Your Ground.  It's legal in your state.  You had a well known case where it was the defense.

Esteemed Contributor

@VenturaHighway, I still can't believe this happened. My daughter works in this city. I guess it can happen anywhere. We will never honk at another car again. SCARY.

Its almost like some people are just looking for an excuse to pull the trigger.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Some states say you can shoot someone if you fear for your life.

Legally, it might be that guy's mistake was leaving the scene.

It's a pretty big stretch of the imagination to say a man pounding on your hood & yelling while you are inside the car is cause to fear for your life. Close the windows, lock the doors, & drive away come to mind before taking a gun out and shooting him. If I was on the jury he'd go to jail for shooting that man.

@151949

Stand Your Ground.  It's legal in your state.  You had a well known case where it was the defense.

He would have tp prove his life was in danger - he was inside the car and the other guy was not armed. He could have simply driven away.His life was not in danger. Close the windows, lock the car , drive away.

Esteemed Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@deeva  I totally agree.........so many want to leave it up to the teachers.......not their job.  They can certainly be examples of compassion, but it begins in the home.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I think citizenship should be taught again. It was back in the dark ages ,when I was in school

Some of  of todays parents  need a course in it themselves.