Respected Contributor

Holy Smokes Batman! Guess What I Crossed Off My Bucket List Last Night?

Just sitting in my bedroom calmly reading about 10:00 pm, when in flew a great big bat.

OMG! I grabbed a broom and tried to swat at it, while my mother hid in her bedroom. Then the bat hid too. So I got online and tried to find out how to get rid of a bat in the house. I didn't know they are protected species!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} (At the time, I just wondered if WE are protected species too!) Finally, I turned out the living room light, and it came out again. This time I knocked it to the ground and threw a towel over it, which is what it said to do online. Then I took it outside and let it go. It flew off. Ewwww! My adrenaline was really pumping!!! Never want that experience again.

flying bat photo: flying bat flyingbat.gif

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holy Smokes Batman! Guess What I Crossed Off My Bucket List Last Night?

Respected Contributor

Which part of that was ON your bucket list????????????

lol

Trusted Contributor

That event might actually be enough to have me kick the bucket.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2014 Marianne is said:

lol

Something to get my adrenaline really flowing???

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2014 Brinklii said:
On 1/25/2014 Marianne is said:

lol

Something to get my adrenaline really flowing???

Oh boy, go on a roller coaster or have a wild date instead next time!

Honored Contributor

That EXACT same thing happened to me about 20 years ago. It hid for awhile too. We opened all the doors and it took awhile, but it finally flew out. Scared me to death! Lol! We were remodeling at the time and somehow got in thru the attic!
Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2014 loveschocolate said: That EXACT same thing happened to me about 20 years ago. It hid for awhile too. We opened all the doors and it took awhile, but it finally flew out. Scared me to death! Lol! We were remodeling at the time and somehow got in thru the attic!

That's kind of what happened here. We had an ice dam on the roof last week, and it was dripping into the spare bedroom...so we took down a couple ceiling tiles. It is a suspended ceiling, so it isn't directly to the attic, but there are spaces between the insulation underneath. I suppose it got in that way.

Online the first suggestion was to open the windows and let it fly out. Well, it was below zero. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Just now a mouse trap went off in the bathroom, and it didn't catch the dang thing. How I hate rural life!! Never had these problems in the city...although I know it's possible anywhere.

Honored Contributor

That might have been a good looking Dracula that you chased out of your room. HMMMM?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2014 adelle38 said:

That event might actually be enough to have me kick the bucket.

It just about did!