Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I voted for the first time today!!!!! Smiley Happy

YAY!

Honored Contributor

I voted early on the 2nd day the polls were open.  I waited in line about 20 minutes, which wasn't bad.  The last time I voted on election day I think I was there about two hours.  If we didn't have early voting I would still go on election day though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@DrytheTell that to Fitbit and Chromecast! Drives me nuts!

@puttypiesmom  I actually had to compose myself before I went in. This time made me very emotional for some reason.

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I was talking with a woman ahead of me in line and she said she wished she'd gotten there earlier as she had to leave to get to work and the polls would be closed when she got off work.  She finally had to leave (unvoted) so she wouldn't be late for work.  She'd already waited an hour.

Wish everyone had the ability to vote early.  

I wonder if she is aware that there is absentee voting?

She could sign up for it if she has a work schedule that would make it difficult for her to get to her voting location. This way, she wouldn't have to miss out on being able to vote.

I don't believe that she would qualify as she would have been able to vote had she gotten to the polling place earlier.

That's how I understood her situation.  Also, to qualify here, you have to show that you are outside of the county of the precinct you are voting in on that day.

Honored Contributor

overall results so far show that more people are voting than in the last elections. sure wish that figure would be 100%.

my mom voted around noon and the process took about 45 minutes from entering to leaving. for me, i went at around 3 and the entire process took 15 minutes. a nice steady flow.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
@Toppers3 I actually can't do it in my state. I'm very lucky I work close to my polling place and can run away from my job for a bit. I'd have to use a vacation day otherwise. I don't get it.
Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@QueenDanceALot That stinks! The number of machines goes up and down at our place...for instance, presidential elections usually have about 10, other elections it's 3 to 5 machines. They had 8 today!

Honestly, I miss the days of paper ballots. Our precinct would only set up 2 or 3 private booths, but since this was in a school cafeteria at that time, most of us would just sit at the tables and mark them, then put them in the ballot box. I didn't feel as rushed, and could take my time, since no one was in line behind me waiting to use the machine!

we have paper ballots where we fill in the small oval. there were 9 privacy stations set up to mark your ballots. the ballots are then inserted (each page individually) into one electronic machine and the votes are counted.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I voted at lunchtime. No line- only one other voter in the room. More poll workers than voters. Raining at that time, but lightly.

Esteemed Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I voted for the first time today!!!!! Smiley Happy

@newjersey, I want to ask why but it is none of my business so I will just say thank you.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
@DrytheTell that to Fitbit and Chromecast! Drives me nuts!

@puttiepiesmom I actually had to compose myself before I went in. This time made me very emotional for some reason.

I just turn my location on when I sync my Fitbit. I don't have it manually sync all day because they say it drains the Fitbit battery a little faster. I just turn location and bluetooth on and sync a couple times a day.

Have to say I've seen reports where even with location off google knows where you are anyway. Even if you're in airplane mode.