Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We voted Sunday, 11/4 ... early voting began the end of October.   No lines, but a steady stream of voters from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday; 9 a.m - 6 p.m. weekdays.

Respected Contributor

We got to our polling place at 7:30 this morning, and were shocked to be #'s 50 & 51! That's amazing for our precinct just a half-hour after opening. And we had to wait in line, also a novelty for us, especially for a mid-term election. Thankfully, extra voting booths had been set up, and it only took about 15 minutes. I was thrilled to see so many out voting today! 

Honored Contributor

I mailed in my ballot about a week and a half ago.  My DH votes in person and I've not spoken to him yet so I don't know what the line was like.

Our weather here is pretty iffy. The wind is terrible and we lost power at work for almost 2 hours so I wonder if that happened at many of the polling places.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

40 minutes for me which wasn't bad. 

Got a complete shock at a text I received while waiting in line.  Google needs to turn off their location services so we can't be campaigned to in line or our government finally needs to do something about the do not call registry's integrity.  

@Laura14

You can turn off location services yourself.

Personally, I would not want to be tracked, but I know that’s just me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

We got to our polling place at 7:30 this morning, and were shocked to be #'s 50 & 51! That's amazing for our precinct just a half-hour after opening. And we had to wait in line, also a novelty for us, especially for a mid-term election. Thankfully, extra voting booths had been set up, and it only took about 15 minutes. I was thrilled to see so many out voting today! 

We had the same TWO voting machines that we always have and the other precinct that votes in the same location had their usual THREE.

One of the workers told me that we are alotted a certain number of machines based on the number of registered voters which has actually grown some since last election but apparently not enough to garner us another machine.

Respected Contributor

My state bas early voting by mail. My ballot was mailed a couple of weeks ago. I checked and it was received and counted.

I am now sipping on a Starbucks cafe latte. It's going to be a loooong night of following results.   I'll know my state's results early. AZ doesn't release any data until the polls close and once they do, a winner is usually known within an hour. Early voting is that popular.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I waited on line for an hour and a half to vote today.

It was great to see so many people involved.

———. 

Washington is a vote by mail, only, State.  

I love it, so much easier, and you can vote at your convenience. 

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot That stinks! The number of machines goes up and down at our place...for instance, presidential elections usually have about 10, other elections it's 3 to 5 machines. They had 8 today!

Honestly, I miss the days of paper ballots. Our precinct would only set up 2 or 3 private booths, but since this was in a school cafeteria at that time, most of us would just sit at the tables and mark them, then put them in the ballot box. I didn't feel as rushed, and could take my time, since no one was in line behind me waiting to use the machine!

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

My state bas early voting by mail. My ballot was mailed a couple of weeks ago. I checked and it was received and counted.

I am now sipping on a Starbucks cafe latte. It's going to be a loooong night of following results.   I'll know my state's results early. AZ doesn't release any data until the polls close and once they do, a winner is usually known within an hour. Early voting is that popular.

@Ms tyrion2I do hope you got a Venti!  It will be a very long night.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2I do hope you got a Venti!  It will be a very long night.

LOL  @Mj12.

I got a Grande,  but I have more Starbucks pods for my one cup Keurig if needed!