Respected Contributor

Re: Holy Cat, That Was Fast !!

Hi Retired Legal Secretary - 

HAHAHAHAHA - I saw what you did there "holy CAT"  pretty cute!

Specaking of Cats - how are your two precious kiddencats doing these days? 

I would love more photos of them ...just sayin...

Smiley Wink

Aunt Ko

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby  The "kids" are fine.  Petunia is in heat again. Oy!!  She goes the 10th of this month to get spayed. We had hoped she would make to the 10th without being in heat again, no luck.  Let's just say she's very...........vocal.  All night long.

Respected Contributor

Oh No Retired Legal Secretary!

Ugh- no sleep from a whailing in-heat kitty, it's a good thing you don't have to go to work. 

But your poor dear daughter...uh my goodness, that's terrible for her. 

Listening to that special sort of whine is really hard on the nerves.

OY VEY is right!

Honored Contributor

We're still waiting for some 1099's to get here. And our accountant hasn't even mailed the workbooks out to her clients yet. 

We usually take everything to her in mid February. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Did mine a couple days ago.  Accepted same day.  Made $1000 less money and got half the refund of what I got last year.  I don't get it.  Fair warning to have the shot glasses, grief therapist, and tissues ready.  

You need to look at last years returns and see what your total tax you should pay was compared to the total tax you should pay this year. Don't compare refunds. I'm assuming you just take the standard deduction and didn't have any other deductions factoring in.

Respected Contributor

I haven't gotten a refund in 30 years. If I did, I'd be ticked at my accountant because we wouldn't have planned properly and the gov't would've had interest free (how ever low that amount may be) use of my money for several months. I much prefer to owe a small amount. 

It'll be at least a couple more weeks before I have all of the documents that I need. Then I'll pass everything off to the accountant and head back south for awhile. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Some people are going to be lucky enough to get their taxes filed early, and to get their refunds, if they have them coming.  This is the best time to file, if you have all your paperwork. 

many do not, and there is nothing they can do about it. 

Honored Contributor

Doing it online is easier, but we never do it early since we almost always have to send a big check with ours. No since giving it to the IRS any sooner than we have to! I have never understood why people count on big refunds since it just means they have been overpaying all year.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Did mine a couple days ago.  Accepted same day.  Made $1000 less money and got half the refund of what I got last year.  I don't get it.  Fair warning to have the shot glasses, grief therapist, and tissues ready.  

I retired so i'm made a lot less than 2018 and my taxes stayed almost the same.  So thankful for the new tax laws that removed some exemptions and  phasing out of breaks for the working class.  sarcasm

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I think we have everything, but Dh's W2's, which I thought we were suppose to have by yesterday.

@happycat   W2's have to be mailed by January 31.  The envelope would show the date mailed.

When you receive it in your mailbox depends upon your mail delivery.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh