Respected Contributor

Re: Holy COW ! 50" of snow

[ Edited ]

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4962.JPG

This is what we got overnight in Oswego,NY. About 3 feet and still coming down. We usually don't get this until February. It is beautiful on the trees though.

It is 11:00 am here and it still is not a very bright day with this storm coming through.

IMG_4969.JPG

Honored Contributor

We have friends who live in a camper , year round, just west of the city of Erie. We called them to assure ourselves they are OK - they said they have moved to a motel for the time being and don't know how long it will be until they can go home.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Winter

@151949I can't even imagine !!!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@MKR14

I'm not too far from you, we didn't get that much - this time. Yet anyways LOL!!!

Did the mayor lift the state of emergency yet???

Respected Contributor

Re: Holy COW ! 50" of snow

[ Edited ]

A2AB1E28-2A5E-4704-8740-B952D90A082B.jpeg

Yes. It finally has stopped. It says we may have another day or two of this. My daughter works in Fulton,NY and she ran out of it by the time she got to work. How far are you away?

My son moved from Dallas here in February and he was offered a job in Dallas a few weeks ago ang gave his notice at his job and leaves to go back to Dallas on Friday. He hates this weather. Can’t blame him.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

Is that the yacht club near the docks?

Respected Contributor

I am not sure but we now have a nice website for Oswego. Type in 

City of Oswego New York comes up with one of our websites. It really shows off our city now. I explored it and even I was impressed and I live here. Ha!I know the Marina has had a lot of improvements for the bigger yachts that came in during the year. 

We have a new Mayor the last two years and he is awesome. He took office at age 25 years old. Very personal and caring as he grew up in our city. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MKR14

Yep, he seems like a nice guy from what I've heard & read.

Very personable & outgoing.

We all need that youthful energy if it comes with maturity like it seems to with him (Billy right?).

Respected Contributor

Yes Mayor Billy Barlow. He listens and reacts to what is needed. We tried to get a tree that was rotting on city property in the front of our property for several years. I contacted him and told him the limbs fall in the wind or tractor trailers going by they fall and it was dangerous. Within three days it was removed. It has been several months to have the stump removed yet but it was explained that over 200 new trees were being planted in the city and the stump was on the list to be removed. An actual answer was amazing. Probably in the spring it will be removed and that is fine. The tree was our concern as many people walk by here. Awesome communication with the community. We are blessed.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I can imagine 50" of snow because a few years ago in MA, we had over 100" of snow. However that accumulated over 3 separate storms that came in a short period of time.  I can't envision 50" from just a single storm.  The entire day must have been one big white out.  

@chrystaltree, I remember this!

We are in the deep freeze now in Nova Scotia but no snow in my area yet.  LM