Esteemed Contributor

Regardless of religion, ethnicity, or whatever....we should never forget the victims.  May their souls rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holocaust Remembrance Day

This day was always observed in my house growing up. My father, a victim of the Holocaust lost many family members . I grew up hearing all the stories.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ My Grandfather lost his Mom and 2 Siblings in one of the camps. 

Such a sad, tragic and unimaginable event/time in the history of the world. 

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ My Grandfather lost his Mom and 2 Siblings in one of the camps. 

Such a sad, tragic and unimaginable event/time in the history of the world. 

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

@nyc1   Yes, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

This day was always observed in my house growing up. My father, a victim of the Holocaust lost many family members . I grew up hearing all the stories.

@NicksmomESQ   It would be wonderful if you could write the stories that you heard and share them with the US Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC.

These stories should be available for future generations so they know what an incredibly vile and horrific experience so many had to endure.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

I was a Leasing Agent for an Apartment Complex about 30 years ago.

I struck up a conversation with an elderly woman who stopped by the Office to get her mail.

She had an accent, so I asked her where she was from....

Anyway, that conversation still sticks with me today, especially when she rolled up her sleeve to show me her "number"...

Honored Contributor

Never again 🙏

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

It's also a reminder that demonizing groups of people can lead to such horrors.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ   It would be wonderful if you could write the stories that you heard and share them with the US Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC.

These stories should be available for future generations so they know what an incredibly vile and horrific experience so many had to endure.

@Mersha  Actually, I have .My cousin worked in Washington for the C.I.A. for many years.His wife wrote her dissertation for her doctorate on the Holocaust about 25 years ago. I sat down with her & played her cassette tapes of my father's stories in his own words that he asked me to record.

Copies of the cassettes along with her published dissertation were shared with the Holocaust Museum in D.C. & Yad Vashem in Israel.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   That is so wonderful and you must be so happy to know that those important stories will live on for future generations.

Just to think of all of the people who can read the stories as they visit the museum is amazing.

Job well done.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF