Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday shopping 15- 20 plus years ago on QVC and other shopping channels

@kivah wrote:

@Trinity11

I have small and big Rolo-link bracelets with the clasp, 18 KT, from the Q - paid around $300 and less, for each -- and I also bought the matching twisted oval hoop earrings. I also bought a twisted bangle bracelet, 18 KT, from the Q. Love them!!!!

Yes!! We like the same jewelry. Just took out the bangle and earrings and plan to wear them today...

Loved some of the pretty 18k jewelry from the Q @kivah.

Super Contributor

I've had this thought, where is the jewelry?

I miss the days when 14k was affordable and they had hours of programming selling it.

I rarely watch now because they feature items I wouldn't buy. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This reminded me of 2 rings that were non-stop on HSN years ago for holiday. Does anyone remember:

The Ballerina Ring or The Rooftop Diamond Ring? 

They were on constantly!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I agree.  Fewer women wearing jewelry AND fragrance.  What happened to feeling pretty? 

Trusted Contributor

Reading this thread made me chuckle. And,the poster who identified that the money was being spent on other things including electronics was spot on. Instead of wearing a "smart" expensive watch, there is a plethora of "smart" watches. Not nearly as attractive but just as expensive. Instead of sporting a pair of gold earrings, there is now a phone held up to one's ear. Just as expensive. I pads, laptops, you name it. The amount of money spent on these gadgets is staggering. And, to boot, the jewelry wearer had the piece for decades, not so the electronics. Every year it is a race to see who can get the best and newest.  Aren't the executives at Apple and Microsoft billionaires?  Where do you think the money originates? From the consumer of course. Rhetorical question.Also, the latest of sneakers is also trending now. One thousand dollars for a pair of Air Jordans. People lined up for hours. So, when one looks at the jewelry another wears and declares that less jewelry is trending right now, perhaps, instead one needs to ask what model I phone they are carrying, or I pad, and look at the smart watch, and, for Petes sake look at their feet and purse.