Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Gift buying - Anybody else done?

I'm waiting to get ideas from my kids but I have a few stocking stuffers. 

Respected Contributor

Wrapped & mailed last week....done.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 I buy for 6.

Honored Contributor

I can't even wrap my head around Christmas and I am always really organized.  But I am so scattered this year. 

What I do know- I've cut 7 people from my list.

I finished my gifts for 2 out of town friends, actually finished those months ago, and believe it or not, I'm mailing the boxes tomorrow. 

I pulled out the gifts for my other best friend this afternoon, also bought months ago.  I'll wrap those tomorrow and mail them Tuesday in case we can't get together to exchange because of Covid. She lives about an hour and a half from here.  If we can't get together, it will be the first time we've missed in 50 years and that will make me extremely sad. But it's par for the course for this horrific year. 

I have several things for my sister for her December birthday and Christmas, but need to organize all that.

I did shop on Amazon for my grandson last week and only need to add a few very small things, like maybe a few books. 

What I don't know- my sisters 3 children, all adults.  2 of the 3 live out of state and I haven't bought their gifts yet and I have no idea if they will be able to come home because of Covid, whether it's wise for them to come because of Covid and if it's wise for our small family to get together for Christmas and that makes me (and my sister) very sad also.

On a positive note, my Christmas cards are done.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I start the day after the holidays for the following year!

For us, Christmas is a big celebration with lots of gifts. Immediate and extended families all get together--we used to go to at least five different houses.  DH and I  travel to our original home city and spend up to a week.

I shop for approximately fifteen people, ranging from school age children to retired seniors.  Teenage boys are always my most difficult customer.

This year we have not yet decided how we will manage it.  I am leaning towards just driving from house to house and dropping off a huge bag of gifts, similar to Santa Claus.

I am finished, and will now focus on wrapping, cards, and decorating.

Esteemed Contributor

I ended up buying the tsv apples. Have never bought them before. Not sure who all I will give them to, but I'm giving my folks four of them to give to their neighbor boys. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Congratulations but actually getting those purchases in your hands will be your biggest challenge.  No, you're not finished yet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I know...I actually thought about that after I posted. Also, once I receive them, I will need to figure out how I will get them to everyone. With COVID, I don't know how my extended family will react about either getting together (with masks and socially distancing) or not getting together at all. You are right; I am not "done."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a gift for a granddaughter yesterday because she called and asked for it, only to find out this morning I could have had free shipping...grrrr

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 My best friend since kindergarten and I still send Christmas gifts to each other, I just send mine throughout the year to her lol.  If something is limited in quantity like a Locknlock or Valerie Parr Hill item I'll have it sent to her regardless of the month.  Makes it fun for us.   My local girlfriends always get the holiday LnL bags with an additional gift inside. I tried talking them out of it last year but they insist and want to keep receiving the bags. My sister loves the VPH wreath and a gift card so that's easy. Living in Colorado we have a local Enstrom toffees store but easier and less expensive to ship out via QVC. So basically Christmas presents finished.