Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Gift buying - Anybody else done?

[ Edited ]

Before the grandkids arrived at their late teens, I loved Christmas gift shopping and started in October (locally in stores and malls) loved the Christmas atmosphere (music and decorations) and happy looking people as I was shopping.  Bought each of the 4 grandkids 6 gfits each, each of our 3 kids and their spouses 2 gifts each and a gift for several friends and a token gift for those at work.  I loved having tons of gifts under my tree.

Sure is different now.  Grandkids just want money (no longer excited about passing out and opening presents.   So that is what they get although I do put the money in gfit bags so it at least looks like a present even tho to my mind money isn't a present.  The kids (ha! kids in their 50's, who would have thought) do at least still get 1 gift and a gift card to a restaurant.

Two of the gifts are bought, need to get for 1 more kid and buy gift bags.  Sure dont like Christmas shopping any more.

One year where I worked and we bought Chrsitmas for a family with 4 young children, I did all the shopping for the kids and the parents and got to deliver everything to them.  What a joy that was - loved buying all those gifts knowing they were needed and going to make for some very happy children at Christmas.

Respected Contributor

Done???  I've only bought one but then I only buy for my 5 young great nieces and nephews, ages 6months to 12 years old.  

Respected Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Done??? I like to get to Thanksgiving before even thinking about it. 

Don't forget Halloween.   I like taking my holidays one at a time.

Respected Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I've been finished shopping. Local gifts are about 80% bagged and tagged for porch drop off the week of Christmas. A box of gifts is ready to be sent out tomorrow to a close friend, and a huge box of Christmas and birthday gifts will be sent out to my family by the end of the week. (Four members of my family, including two great nieces in the same household, have birthdays during Christmas week.) I hope to start decorating next week.

Decorating for what?  Surely, not Xmas.  We haven't even had Halloween yet much less Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 

What is a LnL bag?

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

I've been finished shopping. Local gifts are about 80% bagged and tagged for porch drop off the week of Christmas. A box of gifts is ready to be sent out tomorrow to a close friend, and a huge box of Christmas and birthday gifts will be sent out to my family by the end of the week. (Four members of my family, including two great nieces in the same household, have birthdays during Christmas week.) I hope to start decorating next week.

Decorating for what?  Surely, not Xmas.  We haven't even had Halloween yet much less Thanksgiving.

Some people decorate for Christmas before or for Thanksgiving.  I have.

I don't even have Thanksgiving decorations.  Sold the turkey Avon salt and pepper shakers at a yard sale decades ago.  lol

Maybe you're expecting a lot of trick or treaters to your house?--or maybe your having a Halloween costume party this year?, but I'm not and won't even bother with a real pumpkin. 

Valued Contributor

And here I thought QVC rushed the holidays. I see many others do too. Lol 😄......I haven’t done any Christmas shopping yet. But when I do, it will take only a couple of hours or less from start to finish. Gift cards and/or cash, tucked inside a Christmas card, for about 8 kids and adults total. 🎅🏼🤶🏻🛍🎁🎄🙏🏻
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

With free shipping and great clearance items, I did ALL of my holiday shopping today in about 15-20 minutes (shopped at QVC and Amazon). That is a record for me! I am now done! This was the easiest holiday shopping I have ever done. Anybody else do their holiday shopping today?

@Goldengate8361 

The idea of being done this early horrifies me. I was done this early one year and went on to buy lots of additional gifts. Never again.

Valued Contributor

@wildob3..... I did the same thing one year. I was finished Christmas shopping just before Thanksgiving but then continued to buy more gifts anyway, plus some for myself too. That was the first and last time I did that.
Trusted Contributor

Done???? Ha Ha! I haven't even thought about it yet!